Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 6.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Greenville: Drive north on US 276 north until it joins SC 11. Stay on SC 11 when it branches from US 276 and continue for approximately 7 miles to the West Gate of Table Rock State Park on the right. Enter the park and follow the signs to the Nature Center. After a short hike on the Carrick Creek Trail, bear to the right onto the Table Rock NRT.

This is no joke. The hike is beautiful and my legs felt like Jello. It was intense but I am so glad I did it! My legs hurt for three days later. haha

This is a very steep trail and at times you have to almost crawl up the rocks. It is tough going up, but totally beautiful once you get there. There were dogs that made it all the way up. Going down is a breeze compared to the trip up.

This is my favorite CHALLENGING hike in S.C. I have done it many times and it never disappoints. Bring a lunch and eat it at the top with the view.

Solid challenging trail with a dope lookout

This was an awesome experience. The beginning of the trail had a waterfall/stream where kids played in. At the end of the hike it gives you the option of cooling yourself off lol. Once you get to governors rock I would say your 2/3 of the way up to the summit. If you can keep pushing forward the view is definitely worth it. I do caution there is some intervals of heavy incline. After these inclines the trail flattens out a bit to give you a decent break before the next one.

A great hike on a clear summer day. Gets pretty steep and rocky in some areas. Plenty of options to take additional trails and loops around. The streams and waterfalls right after the trailhead are a great treat after a long hike.

At the time of writing the both water fountains at the trailhead were out of service. Make sure you come prepared with at least 2 liters!

nice hike, a lot of climbing. great views

Wonderful mountain to hike, and it will definitely give you a workout..

Wonderful hike! This one will get you sweating! Lots of stone steps and uphills, great mix. The hike begins pretty easy, then ramps it up with some stone steps and elevation, then it gets easy again until after mile 2, be prepared to scale some rocks! The views from governor's rock are spectacular and a good resting point before making it all the way to table Rock! wonderful views!

Everyone who is saying this trail is not for beginners....they are 100% correct. I am fairly overweight and this was my first time hiking, it took me a long time to hike this trail. It's entirely uphill, lots of stone steps that make it difficult for someone short like me. At the end of the day though I was really proud of myself for completing it!

Best trail ever. I visit every year with my kids. Not for lazy people or beginners.

This was an amazing hike! We checked in at 9:25AM and got back to the nature center around 2:20PM. Had the weather been cooler and not as humid, we probably could have done this in less than 4 hours. If you are planning to go this summer, please pack a lot of fluids, snacks, and proper footwear as the terrains are pretty uneven for most of the hike. We saw a few people that had to turn back because they came unprepared.

Awesome trail! Hard work but you are very rewarded for your effort at the top.

Perfect spot for a spontaneous weekend mountain hike. It was just under 4 hours from Charleston and I stayed less than a mile from the trailhead at Laurel Mountain Inn.
I was the first one on the Mountain Sunday morning right at 7 am and didn't see a single person on the way up. It took me right at 1 hour 45 minutes to reach the summit and a little less than that to get down (it helped I was hiking alone).
It was pretty cool out (about 55-60 degrees) but I still needed over 2 liters of water so bring plenty, especially if its warm.
The views are incredible so definitely worth it. But it gets pretty steep at times so you'll want to be in halfway decent shape to make it all the way up. After the first 2 miles there are some flat stretches which help.

Love this trail! What a beautiful view when you make it to the top!

Trail is definitely worth it only problem me and my aunt really ran into was that we did not bring enough water but other than that the hardest part we found about the trail is most of the trail obviously is uphill but there is a lot of steps on the trail. At the end of the trail though it is all worth it.

Amazing hike! Lots of varied terrain but definitely the stair master of hikes. I can’t wait to do it again. I started at 8:40 and was back at base 11:40.

It is challenging but very much worth it once you’re at the top. It takes at least 4 hours round trip for a leisure/good cardio pace. Beautiful waterfalls at the beginning and beautiful views at the top.

Super well-kept and challenging trail! I did it with my dog today, and we had a ton of fun. One tip I would give that I haven't seen is that if you are bringing your dog, have them wear a harness or something that has a handle or an easy way to grab them just in case. There are some steep rock faces with very narrow steps, and my dog slipped a couple of times while trying to make her own path, so I had to grab her. Maybe that's just my clumsy girl, but her dog-pack having a handle on it helped a lot with my piece of mind.

Amazing hike and views. Do not underestimate this trail it was challenging both up and down. Trial was well marked throughout and tons of people around.

Very well maintained and clearly laid out. The was a lot of uphill, and at a relatively good income. But, the view is well worth it. We plan on doing the loop to Pinnacle Mountain next time!

Hard!! But worth it and BEAUTIFUL VIEW at the top. Actually it has awesome views throughout the hike. I’ve hiked it 4 times. Highly recommend this hike but be prepared and have plenty of H2O.

Not as hard as the park rangers tell and several spots for great views!

I hiked this trial on the 19th of April. Very steep path, certainly between start and first 1.5 miles. Certainly after 2 miles it gets less demanding. At Governors Rock faced a lot of wind but enjoyed a lot the view. The overlook on top of Table Rock is magnificent. Fantastic view over the massive forests this region has. Definitely worthwhile! All in all this can be a tough hike for non trained persons. I started the hike at 11h30 and got back at the entrance around 14h30. One can do it in half a day. Great to have this hike checked of off my to-do-list. Greetings

This hike, in my opinion, is an ideal day hike. It has it all: a timeline totally doable in a half day, interesting trail that is well maintained, and amazing views from the top. I hiked this on a Wednesday in April, starting at 7:40 am, and reaching the summit in a little under 1 hr 40 min. I hiked with my favorite hiking companion (my dog), and we had a great time. We didn't see a single person on the way up, or during our 50- minute stay at the top! We had GREAT views from many lookouts on the huge summit. We started our descent a little after 10, and got back to the car at 11:30. We were taking our time on the way down, as I had to negotiate my dog down the steep rock sections at the top, and he had to sniff and pee on a lot of things. So overall trip time was 3 hr 50 min, but only 3 hr of that being actual hiking, with 50 min at the summit. For planning purposes, this hike was not particularly difficult if you are a semi-regular hiker and in decent shape. However, if your idea of a "hike" is something like Yellow Branch Falls (3 miles on flat terrain through the woods), then this may not be the hike for you. Would not recommend for inexperienced hikers, individuals who are out of shape, or those with joint issues, due to the steeper sections of the trail. If you are in good shape, you should get a nice little workout doing this. Overall, a great view and experience payout for relatively low time investment. I will certainly be going back!

As Everyone says... Very difficult, but worth it! It had been on our to do list for years. Don't care what anyone says, it's definitely harder coming back down. Great feeling of accomplishment for casual hikers.

Great hike! Tough trek but the view atop make it totally worth the torture. The app underestimates the actual elevation gain and loss. The app’s elevation map stars the trailhead starts around 1200’ and the summit is around 3000’ which would put total elevation in the 3400’- 3600’ range and not the 2600’ listed. In other words it’s more difficult than you might think.

Challenging hike, with great views.

Have done this trail twice. It is amazing. The view at the top is gorgeous and worth the steep climb.

It was an amazing experience, many different hiking trials to choose from with varying difficulties. I also had the chance to enjoy kayaking right beside the trails! Definitely recommend to any and everyone.