Table Rock Trail is a 6.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.4 miles Elevation Gain: 2,240 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

Note: The park is currently closed due to COVID-19. $6 per person to enter the park

A difficult climb up to Table Rock, but the views along the way and at the top are worth all the effort. Some nice waterfalls within the first .5 miles. This is the best hike I've done in SC, and one of the best overall.

Awesome views and workout! Pretty tough going up, but made it in 2 hrs to the view past summit,, took just shy of 2 hrs on way down. Definitely use poles if bad knees, be careful after rain as we did coming down , easy to slip on wet smooth rock. Great Trail I’ll hike again !

Great trail- challenging but worth it. Mountain laurel in full bloom. We went clockwise, hit the steep first, but looping backdown keep your map with you as not well marked.

Absolutely loved this hike. It is tough at some points, but it’s so worth it for the view. The trail is well-marked and easy to follow. Definitely recommend doing it early morning.

Solid, well marked trail with a pretty steep incline coming up to the ridge line, then fairly flat aside from a couple rock scrambles in the last leg. Overall fairly challenging, definitely a good quad workout on the way up. Be careful on the way back down if you have bad ankles and knees like me; there's plenty of rocks and branches you can trip on. I made it up in 2 hours and back down in 1.5, but only because I was pushing for time. Definitely bring at least 2L of water with you, especially if the sun is out. Great lunch views over the lake and the foothills if you go all the way to the end past the other lookouts, not to mention plenty of wildflowers (if you go in May), boulders, and a few waterfalls along the way.

fee

Started at 7.30am, the ranger at the gate said they are now letting in 170 vehicles. Great, tough hike with awesome views at the top. Start early to avoid the crowds - coming down at 10am we must have passed 100 people coming up. Poles are very handy and help the knees.

This is a tough trail, but the views up top are worth it. The elevation gain will definitely get your heart pumping. Going down can be tricky, too. Recommend trekking poles if you have them. Due to an apparent fire, there are many spindly, “spooky” looking trees that make some sections of the trail resemble an evily enchanted forest. Other views along the trail include a creek, small waterfalls, massive boulders, awe-inspiring lookouts, and when I went in early May, budding flowers. Go early and on a weekday if you want to avoid people. I set off at 7:15 am on a Friday and had the trail to myself going up. Enjoyed the summit alone for 15 minutes before others arrived.

May 3rd arrived at 7:20 am and were #13 in line. I believe they were limiting to 100 which is completely stupid. We are talking about a massive amount of “social distancing”. We walk past more people in Target in ten seconds than in five hours on table rock. They need to open these parks back up. Great hike as usual.

Great day for a hike since the park was closed except for folks already camping so the trails were quiet. We threw caution to the wind and attempted this with our 2 year old and 4 year old (we have hiking carriers for them). The kids really enjoyed it but also required a lot of patience. Bring plenty of water and snacks and take it easy. It took us 4 hours to get to the look out where we had a picnic and then about 3 hours to get back down including lots of breaks. We are novice hikers and not in the best shape so it was pretty exhausting and we regretted deciding to do it a few times on the journey but in hindsight was worth it for the good family adventure (and much needed exercise).

Trail conditions were good, barely muddy. Tracked the hike on my Apple Watch, and it read longer than the description. Spoke to someone who’s Fitbit read linger too. 3.9 miles on the way up (with a pause) and 4.0 miles on the way down. Took me 2.5 hours to get up and 2 hours to get down. The trail is basically climbing stairs for 75% of the time

One of the hardest trails I have hiked. Don’t be like me and think 3.6 miles isn’t hard here. Boy was I in for a treat. Beautiful view on top and well worth the hike!

Not the best view for all the hard work but still very beautiful. It is quite strenuous especially if you have not hiked in a while. Lots of rocks and uneven terrain, quite a few very aggressive rock obstacles to climb up. Overall not a bad choice though you’ll definitely appreciate the view when you reach the summit.

fee

Trail is well maintained especially right outside the Nature Center. Hikers beware: when it says strenuous, they mean it. This was the longest and most physically challenging trail I have done. There are hundreds of stone steps up the ridge. Be prepared to scale up rock faces near the summit too. Overall, a great hike with beautiful views from the summit!

Challenging trail but well maintained.

fee

Very busy trail today, but beautiful blue skies and perfect weather. Spotted an eagle while we were hanging out on Table Rock.

We hiked this today and it was gorgeous. The first hour is steep up hill and lots of steps but there is a waterfall near the beginning and a small shelter with a great view at about an hour into the hike. Then you come to a T in the trail and a right turn takes you to the Table Rock view. It is ridge hiking then with some ups and downs and some fun rock scrambles along the way. There are a couple of great views along the ridge. Make sure you go past the summit sign, then past the first overlook, and descend to a really great view of the lake and surrounding area. It is strenuous but well worth it. Took us about 4 and a half hours round trip but we spent about 45 mins at the view. Our beagle loved it too!