Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 6.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Greenville: Drive north on US 276 north until it joins SC 11. Stay on SC 11 when it branches from US 276 and continue for approximately 7 miles to the West Gate of Table Rock State Park on the right. Enter the park and follow the signs to the Nature Center. After a short hike on the Carrick Creek Trail, bear to the right onto the Table Rock NRT.

This hike is amazing but it’s a tough one. We took some of our students from church. It’s tough and I would recommend not doing it if your out of shape. Do some small trails and build up. It whooped our tail but was amazing. It was raining so the view of terrible once we got up there but it was still decent. It’s strenuous but worth the trip if you can do it

Probably the best hike in the state of South Carolina. Some really cool spots off the beaten path if you know where to look. Make sure you get there early, it does get rather busy.

Started around 0800 yesterday morning and had some slippery/muddy trails during the first half mile or so then it dried up. Got to the scenic outlook 2 hrs later. Beautiful views!!! Definitely worth the hike. There were a few tricky parts in places that required hands to climb up but overall it was a lightly strenuous and very rewarding hike. Definitely recommend!!!

Strenuous hike but definitely worth the beautiful views once you reach the top! Feels like you’re on top of the world:)
Like others have mentioned, bring plenty of water to help stay hydrated!
Finished the hike with an immense sense of accomplishment

Loved the hike! Definitely hard going up but the views are worth it! Take plenty of water! I would hike it again in a heart beat! Lots of steps. Amazing that the trail was created by the CCC back in the 30’s.

Very good trail. Had lots of water on trails that made some of the rock climbs very slick but was overall great. Carry plenty of water.

Last thing i forgot to mention to the right of the finale overlook there is a waterfall on the side of the moutain.

Fun hike. I felt it was arduous but a beautiful view. Definitely need 2-3 L of water and snacks are worthwhile. ☺️

Very fun and great views. Honestly it was not as difficult as expected. I even saw a 6 year old hike to the top. Just a warning once you get to the sumit you must keep walking to get the best most amazing view of the trail. The trail very fun though and had several waterfalls at the beginning you can swim in after the long hike. I highly recommend to taking a few hours and trying it but bring large amouts of water i saw at least 5 groups unable to make it because they ran out by governors rock.

This Hike was amazing and difficult but the views were stunning.

Make no mistake, this trail is very, very intense. Very.

Pretty nice hike that is mildly strenuous especially the first couple miles. Factor in extra time for weather as it poured down rain the whole time we were there but still so worth it

It seems like it was only yesterday...because it was :) . This trail is a challenge! The first two miles are straight up....a lot of stone and wooden stairs to climb. Then a half mile flat...then a climb...at mile 3 another flat...and then one last push to the top. And then you descend a bit to get to the overlook. The climb down...it is not a breeze. Don't expect an easy decent. It rained briefly , just enough to slicken the rocks which slowed us up..because better safe than sorry. This was rewarding...the view is great, and you will be proud of yourself , to be sure. After the hike was over we showered in the lowest waterfall, in Cold mountain water! And then drove back to Charleston.

Hiked table Rock trail. Very strenuous uphill climb for most of it. Incline dirt trail and lots of steps up rocks. Beautiful view is your reward.

This is no joke. The hike is beautiful and my legs felt like Jello. It was intense but I am so glad I did it! My legs hurt for three days later. haha

This is a very steep trail and at times you have to almost crawl up the rocks. It is tough going up, but totally beautiful once you get there. There were dogs that made it all the way up. Going down is a breeze compared to the trip up.

This is my favorite CHALLENGING hike in S.C. I have done it many times and it never disappoints. Bring a lunch and eat it at the top with the view.

Solid challenging trail with a dope lookout

This was an awesome experience. The beginning of the trail had a waterfall/stream where kids played in. At the end of the hike it gives you the option of cooling yourself off lol. Once you get to governors rock I would say your 2/3 of the way up to the summit. If you can keep pushing forward the view is definitely worth it. I do caution there is some intervals of heavy incline. After these inclines the trail flattens out a bit to give you a decent break before the next one.

A great hike on a clear summer day. Gets pretty steep and rocky in some areas. Plenty of options to take additional trails and loops around. The streams and waterfalls right after the trailhead are a great treat after a long hike.

At the time of writing the both water fountains at the trailhead were out of service. Make sure you come prepared with at least 2 liters!

nice hike, a lot of climbing. great views

Wonderful mountain to hike, and it will definitely give you a workout..

Wonderful hike! This one will get you sweating! Lots of stone steps and uphills, great mix. The hike begins pretty easy, then ramps it up with some stone steps and elevation, then it gets easy again until after mile 2, be prepared to scale some rocks! The views from governor's rock are spectacular and a good resting point before making it all the way to table Rock! wonderful views!

Everyone who is saying this trail is not for beginners....they are 100% correct. I am fairly overweight and this was my first time hiking, it took me a long time to hike this trail. It's entirely uphill, lots of stone steps that make it difficult for someone short like me. At the end of the day though I was really proud of myself for completing it!

Best trail ever. I visit every year with my kids. Not for lazy people or beginners.

This was an amazing hike! We checked in at 9:25AM and got back to the nature center around 2:20PM. Had the weather been cooler and not as humid, we probably could have done this in less than 4 hours. If you are planning to go this summer, please pack a lot of fluids, snacks, and proper footwear as the terrains are pretty uneven for most of the hike. We saw a few people that had to turn back because they came unprepared.

Awesome trail! Hard work but you are very rewarded for your effort at the top.

Perfect spot for a spontaneous weekend mountain hike. It was just under 4 hours from Charleston and I stayed less than a mile from the trailhead at Laurel Mountain Inn.
I was the first one on the Mountain Sunday morning right at 7 am and didn't see a single person on the way up. It took me right at 1 hour 45 minutes to reach the summit and a little less than that to get down (it helped I was hiking alone).
It was pretty cool out (about 55-60 degrees) but I still needed over 2 liters of water so bring plenty, especially if its warm.
The views are incredible so definitely worth it. But it gets pretty steep at times so you'll want to be in halfway decent shape to make it all the way up. After the first 2 miles there are some flat stretches which help.

Love this trail! What a beautiful view when you make it to the top!

Trail is definitely worth it only problem me and my aunt really ran into was that we did not bring enough water but other than that the hardest part we found about the trail is most of the trail obviously is uphill but there is a lot of steps on the trail. At the end of the trail though it is all worth it.