Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Greenville: Drive north on US 276 north until it joins SC 11. Stay on SC 11 when it branches from US 276 and continue for approximately 7 miles to the West Gate of Table Rock State Park on the right. Enter the park and follow the signs to the Nature Center. After a short hike on the Carrick Creek Trail, bear to the right onto the Table Rock NRT.

Challenging hike, but worth the effort. Be sure to hike all the way to the end where you see the big reservoir. Many stop short at the first nice view and miss it. Bring a hammock to relax a while.

Well worth the hike!
I did Pinnacle as a warm so this didn't feel as difficult as it may have been.

It is a rocky hike so be careful especially when raining. :)

Strenuous is correct but the views are well worth the effort. It's a heavily trafficked trail despite the difficulty level.

This is the beautiful side of the hike!
Amazing!

A very solid 5 star rating. A short 30 minute hike and you are at the top with panoramic 360 degree views. The viewing area was large with lots of interesting places to explore. Many beautiful views all along the way. Large parking area with bathroom facilities. Absolutely no drawbacks to this trail, one of my favorites and I have hiked many NC trails.

An incredibly rewarding hike. One of the best in the upstate. Highly recommended.

Great views the journey is worth all the hiking.

Great hike. The views are worth the work to get there. Only down side it was one of the busiest trails we have been on.

Much harder than a normal hike. Take lots of water and breaks as needed. Took me 5 hours to do the 7.2 mile loop. The views are well worth the trip, lots to see on the way up. Mountain Laurels were out in full bloom, no trash, not even cigarettes butts,.

This was my first real hike. I almost didn't go because some of the reviews talked about how difficult it was. I went with my mom and sister, who have also also never been hiking. We're all in very good shape, so I think that's what made this easier for us. I think if someone wasn't in shape and they've never been hiking, some parts would be extremely hard for them. The first mile and a half was pretty easy. After that, it gets very steep. The steep parts were difficult because I also brought my dog. It was hard to climb slippery rocks while she was pulling on the leash from excitement. The views at Governors Rock are amazing, and the summit is even more breathtaking. I heard someone say the summit is about 320 feet more of elevation once you hit summit rock, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. The description here says it's 2,300 ft but the sign at the summit says 3,100. We hiked about 20 more minutes or so before we hit the summit. We started our hike right at noon, and with a lunch break included, we were back in the car by 4:30. Incredible workout, we were all very tired at the end of the day.