Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Greenville: Drive north on US 276 north until it joins SC 11. Stay on SC 11 when it branches from US 276 and continue for approximately 7 miles to the West Gate of Table Rock State Park on the right. Enter the park and follow the signs to the Nature Center. After a short hike on the Carrick Creek Trail, bear to the right onto the Table Rock NRT.

A tough and rocky hike at parts, but worth the effort. The trail is well marked, though you should watch your footing, especially on the descent. Approaching Governor’s Rock you’ll see lots of boulders. After the 2 mile mark, it got really windy and blustery as soon as I was facing northeast. At the top, there is lots of space and a great view of the Stool and the reservoir.

Tuff hike but beautiful views along the way and stunning at the top..... well worth it

This was the second time I have hiked this trail in a month. Nice hike up the mountain. We left at 8:00 am and finished at 11:30 am. Don’t forget to go to the end of the trail for the view of the water reservoir. This trail is best experienced by getting on the trail early. You own the trail the earlier you go.

First long hike I'd ever done. View was gorgeous!!! Not for beginners, but well worth the hike!!! Lots of steps and straight uphill stretches.

This hike is my favorite! There are rivers that go all along the trail that give you something to look at. It is also marked very well. This trail is a little bit of a challenge to reach the top but is SO worth the view! HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this trail! Love it.

Be sure to check out my video on YouTube of this trail before you go! You can find it here: https://youtu.be/B1-yhwKrb-Y

In this video I choose to hike at Table Rock State Park in South Carolina, USA. We chose the popular Table rock Mountain trail.

This park is located in the Blue ridge Mountains of Pickens County in South Carolina. At this park you can swim, boat and camp. There are many types of camping including tent, RV and cabin rentals.

Don't be confused when you get to the top - you reach Governors Rock first before you reach the top of Table Rock.

Wow! Tough trail - both up and back. Well worth it! Took me and my group of three about 4.5 hours to complete, going all the way to the end.

I'm over weight with a knee problems pacing myself I was able to make it to the top.
It took me every bit of 3 hrs going up and 4 coming down.
words of encouragement.. The race isn't given to swift,but those who endure to the end.

A very good trail to hike! Challenging at times, make sure you have good traction on your shoes. Started around 11 am, took our time going up the mountain and stopped at the lookout points to rest. Finished around 4 pm. I’ve hiked this plenty of times before and will always come back to hike again!

The view from the top is obviously the best part, but the trail itself is gorgeous. Go all the way to the end (past the summit sign), or you’ll miss the best views.

Well maintained, high traffic trail. Weekends are very heavy. There are some areas you will need to balance yourself and possibly your dog on the way up, but the view is great.

My 2 brothers and I did this trail back in January 2017. It was my first “real” mountain hike, it was strenuous but the view was well worth it. Definitely not for beginners.

As good as it gets that I've come across South Carolina. I plan to go again when the leaves start turning. Definitely not for beginners.

Perfect day for a hike like this. I'm in very good shape and it took me just under 3 hours including my rest at the top. Bring a snack and water, you'll need it!

We survived the Table Rock trail! Me and my wife, daughter and Australian Shepard completed this hike in six hours. We stopped quite a few times on the way up to take water and snack breaks. It was very challenging for us, but the views from the top made it worth every minute of it. Having our dog with us helped out, she pulled me up the mountain and we made the descent in a little over two hours. What a hike, just go and enjoy this beautiful trail!

Hiking this trail was the highlight of my summer. My friend and I are in our 40s. I am overweight. We started at 9 am and went at a slow pace, stopping at Governor's Point at noon and arriving at the top at 1 pm. We explored several viewing areas around the summit. The view was breathtaking. I slid to my bum twice on the way down due to poor tread on my old sneakers. We arrived at the parking lot at 4:30.

Nice hike, lots of steps. Hard on my bad knees. Good views at the top when not cloudy.

Definitely worth the visit.

Great exercise and great views. Lots of rocks and roots to keep your attention along the trail. There are a couple of small waterfalls in the lower section. Didn't see anyone on the climb up or while hanging out on the overlook. Make sure to take some water because the first 2 miles will get your heart pumping.

More challenging than I expected, but the view at the top was worth every bit of it. My dad, over 50, also did this trail with me and had no issues. Expect a good 5-6hrs to complete this trail and make sure you have plenty of water. (Not just a water bottle). Enjoyed the small waterfall at the end to help cool down quickly.