Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Greenville: Drive north on US 276 north until it joins SC 11. Stay on SC 11 when it branches from US 276 and continue for approximately 7 miles to the West Gate of Table Rock State Park on the right. Enter the park and follow the signs to the Nature Center. After a short hike on the Carrick Creek Trail, bear to the right onto the Table Rock NRT.

1 minute ago

Hiking this trail was the highlight of my summer. My friend and I are in our 40s. I am overweight. We started at 9 am and went at a slow pace, stopping at Governor's Point at noon and arriving at the top at 1 pm. We explored several viewing areas around the summit. The view was breathtaking. I slid to my bum twice on the way down due to poor tread on my old sneakers. We arrived at the parking lot at 4:30.

Nice hike, lots of steps. Hard on my bad knees. Good views at the top when not cloudy.

Definitely worth the visit.

Great exercise and great views. Lots of rocks and roots to keep your attention along the trail. There are a couple of small waterfalls in the lower section. Didn't see anyone on the climb up or while hanging out on the overlook. Make sure to take some water because the first 2 miles will get your heart pumping.

More challenging than I expected, but the view at the top was worth every bit of it. My dad, over 50, also did this trail with me and had no issues. Expect a good 5-6hrs to complete this trail and make sure you have plenty of water. (Not just a water bottle). Enjoyed the small waterfall at the end to help cool down quickly.

Absolutely stunning views are the payoff for this strenuous, rocky trail in upstate SC. Bring plenty of water and allow at least 5 hours for the round trip hike, including ample time to enjoy the spectacular views from the overlook at the end of the trail.

Went with my parents (59 and 54 yrs old) and they thought it was pretty strenuous but worth the views. I'm 20 and thought it was a blast. So many great views to see and a great workout to make it rewarding when you get to the top. Definitely will do many more times in the future. Took us 5-6 hrs with stops. Probably would take me 4.

the hike is strenuous, but the view is worth it.

my favorite hike of all time. Amazing views and steep inclines

Many steps up with granite rectangular steps built into the trail for the many steep sections. The view at the end was spectacular and witnessed a marriage proposal at the top. Bring much water as there is no water stations available after leaving the trailhead. Start in the cool morning as your body will heat up from the climb. Highly recommended for your bucket list.