Table Rock Ridge Trail via Pinnacle Mountain Trail

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(145)
Table Rock State Park

Table Rock Ridge Trail via Pinnacle Mountain Trail is a 10.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 10.7 miles Elevation Gain: 3,293 feet Route Type: Loop

The trailhead is just beyond the Nature Center at the edge of the parking lot. Be sure to fill out the self-service trail registration at the trailhead.

Great views. I went up Pinnacle and down table rock. Pinnacle trail had a couple water falls to rinse off in on a hot day and was a cool trail. It was pretty easy, sustained grade. The bald had some great views, last half mile to the summit was steeper. Ridge trail was okay, secluded but pretty wooded not many views. Table rock overlook was awesome but crowded. I think I would do in reverse next time to leave early and beat the crowd to Table Rock then enjoy the small Pinnacle water falls to cool off in the heat.

Beautiful hike with lots of climbing. There wasn't a beautiful Waterfall, that's why I give it 4 stars. Great fall or spring hike.

It's a great hike but it will take the better part of the day to complete the whole route. There is one cut through (Mill Creek Pass) that you could take going up the Pinnacle Trail that will shave some time off but we chose not to do it. We took the Pinnacle Trail up and the Table Rock Trail down. The trails are marked really well and are, for the most part, well maintained. There are some trees down blocking the trail but nothing that can't be navigated around or through. I can also see where briars will be a potential problem once everything begins to grow after the winter. There were a few creek crossings but nothing to be concerned about. There are some really good viewpoints on both of these trails but I cannot remember any good viewpoints on the Ridge Trail; which connects the 2 trails. This hike is 11+ miles according the rangers and my GPS. This route can be completed going the opposite direction from the way that we did it today but be prepared for quick climb with many steps up the Table Rock Trail. Coming down the Table Rock Trail is tough on the knees and I broke out the trekking poles on the descent. Overall, the 2 that I took on this hike really enjoyed it. There is a $6 a person fee when you enter the park which I consider to be too steep and you have to register at the trailhead before beginning.

What an incredible trail! I hiked up Table Rock, across the Ridge Trail up to the summit of Pinnacle Mountain, then back to the trailhead. The views are amazing! Table Rock Trail is much more trafficked than the Ridge and Pinnacle Trails, and coming down from the summit of Table Rock was a little more crowded, even in the off-season. If you really want to feel out in the middle of nowhere, The Ridge and Pinnacle Trails are for you. There is no view from the top of Pinnacle, but nonetheless worth it, and the view from the Bald Knob Overlook further down the mountain is simply stunning! Highly recommend!

This is a great loop hike. I started out at 9am and went up Pinnacle first. There was hardly anyone around. The last 0.2 miles before the summit is steep. Then I went down the Ridge trail, which goes down, down, down and finally up Table Rock trail and then down to the bottom. Table Rock trail was crazy busy but I don’t think most people go to all the overlooks. Great views. I got 11.2 miles which included the very last overlook beyond Table Rock summit.

I would say that this is probably closer to 12 miles though I can't be absolutely sure, but definitely agree with hiking Pinnacle Mt. first. I was a little confused to start because the trailhead was a little further beyond the waterfall than I expected it to be. However, my dog and I quickly got started and it was a fantastic hike. We did this mid-November and only ran into one other hiking group on the way up (we started about 7:45AM), and they turned around at Bald Knob. I will say, that the pictures on here, and even the ones that I took myself, do not do the views justice. They're not the most incredible views I've seen, but definitely worth the hike. I did not realize that the trek from Bald Knob to the Pinnacle Summit would be quite so vertical, and I had to throw on my windbreaker due to the wind (ha) but also the briars that kept catching on my undershirt. Since we did this in mid-November, the Ridge Trail was also fairly densely covered with leaves and I slipped a few times, but mostly only due to the dog pulling or tripping me up (though the leaves did cover a lot of the large "slippery" rocks that would have otherwise been exposed on the trail). It's very easy to recognize when you've reached the intersect up to the Table Rock trail, and Governer's Rock is a nice resting spot before a few more hikes up to the end. By the time we got back to the parking lot it had been about 5.5 hours, and we definitely saw tons of traffic on our way back down, starting around noon. I loved the hike, but am definitely glad that we started as early as we did, otherwise it would have been far too crowded for my preference.

did this one clockwise and enjoyed it the ridge line trail was a good time to recharge after pinnacle

What an amazing hike and a very well marked trail. Went up the Pinnacle side to start and it was pretty intense as you got near the summit. As people have said, there are plenty of briar bushes closer to the top of Pinnacle. The Ridge is a nice place to regroup and get ready for Table Rock. Table Rock has some nice views once you get all the way out to the overlook. And you think the trip down is going to be easier?? Not a chance, almost as bad as going up because you have to watch your foot placement.

More hiking and climbing than trail running, but beautiful views and a great trail! The Ridge Trail was a little overgrown in late summer - briars! I suggest taller socks or longer pants. The views are beautiful!

This is a wonderful trail. I did the Pinnacle side first and then decided to keep going along the entire ridge. It was beautiful , and the Pinnacle side was pretty empty. The Table Rock side was rather busy, but totally worth it. There are some kind of overgrown parts in the final summit of the Pinnacle, so watch out for thorns. Also, this says difficult for a reason! It's long with a ton of elevation change. Make sure you're well stocked.

Good hike, but be prepared for a lot of climbing over and up rocks. There were several trees down over the trail, and a few times no trail at all. Having the map downloaded was a good choice. I would recommend at least 3L of water. The cooling towel I brought was put to good use today!

Just fantastic. Steep though... Really steep. Bring 3 liters of water.

Did this hike in mid July, going counter clockwise to Pinnacle Mountain first. It was very humid as we started out, so we did a lot of sweating and went thru 3 bottled waters getting to the summit. The views from Bald Knob are excellent, probably better than Table Rock. The last section up to the summit was steep, so just take a little more time there. We decided to leave out the ascent to Table Rock because we were down to a liter of water when we arrived atop Pinnacle. About halfway across the ridge trail we got heavy rain and thunder/ lightning which lasted the duration of our hike, about three hours. We were I'll prepared for this, no rain gear.

this trail was fun but not for an amateur hiker. with that's being said I did the mill creek spur trail with this loop and it ended up being 11.5 miles.

Sat May 18 2019

You’re missing out if you haven’t done this yet.

Very very tough trail. Would not recommend to an amateur hiker. Did the table rock trail, the ridge trail, and pinnacle mtn trail. Lots of hiking (about 10-11 miles) of very vertical land. Fun scenery though! Lots of lookout points, trails well marked. Absolutely would do it again!

Thu Mar 28 2019

Just hiked this for the second time yesterday. I'd forgotten what great hike this is, and honestly it was a bit more enjoyable this time because the weather was cooler and the waist high weeds that covered the trail (Pinnacle Mt.) were dead from winter, so staying on the trail was much easier. I hoofed it in about 4 1/2 hours, but I'm a mountain goat.

Sun Mar 10 2019

Great challenging trail! Went up Pinnacle Mountain first so we could come down table rock trail. the last mile of the ascent to the top of Pinnacle mtn. kicked our tails! Other than that section, the trail is pretty smooth with some great views! Be very careful at the Pine Knob rock face if it rained lately. Very slippery!

Sat Mar 02 2019

I went up the Pinnacle Mtn Trail, across the Ridge Trail, up to the top of Table Rock and back down. It’s a challenging, but rewarding hike. I’ll do it again.