Swamp Rabbit Trail

Swamp Rabbit Trail is a 15.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Greenville, South Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

rails trails

Wonderful way to explore Nature in Greenville.

I love cycling from Kroc Center to TR you can stop at Furman along way and eat lunch in downtown TR.
Great for all levels of cyclists however if novice be sure to pay attention and stay to right. Many experienced cyclists use trail and on weekends very busy.

Only walked the bit in TR so far. We will take the whole thing once we get bicycles.

First time today riding on the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Started at the trailhead in Traveler's Rest. Something of note is that you cannot park at this trailhead but rather at the Ingles about 1/2 mile away. This will require riding a small segment of White Horse Road as you pull out of the Ingles parking lot to get to Tate where the trail starts, or ends depending on your start point. We rode to the lake at Furman and back. Easy ride, albeit a little crowded at points, through varying scenery including woods, creeks, a lake, and cosy downtown Traveler's Rest - where you can rest on a park bench or at a locally owned restaurant.

Great trail for getting some cardio in! Certainly not a hiking trail by any means but it’s fun to explore. Great for walking, running or riding bikes. Can get really crowded in most stretches but it’s still a great way to get outside.

Absolutely beautiful even if it was a HOT, HOT day!

Nice variety of scenes along this trail. At the Southern tip, the wetland environment is great for birding. On the Northern side, the town of Traveler's Rest is quaint shops and restaurants. The trail is mostly flat and ideal for bike riding. Part of the trail is shared with automobile traffic, but the majority is not.

Was busy but beautiful scenery and nice people! Did a nice run and can’t wait to come again.

great bicycle ride

love it!

Great trail in the heart of downtown Greenville.

My family and I bike the Swamp Rabbit Trail frequently and love it. We have started from Downtown Greenville and rode but usually park at Sunrift Adventures in Travelers Rest and ride down to Furman and through the campus before heading back. Great place to ride and kid friendly!

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

The SRT is beautiful and is highly trafficked. I don't consider this a hiking trail by any means but it's an excellent biking trail for a decent cardio workout. Great for a nice walk.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Very long trail. Greenville to Travelers Rest.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

We have rode this trail twice. I like parking in Greenville and riding to Travelers Rest the best!!!! We will do this again.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Great trail, love the padded path.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Excellent trail. Sad to see so much trash and people on bikes getting on the rubberized walking path causing unnecessary damages, but you know... People.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Best place for a long run or bike ride near Downtown Greenville.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Great trail for a run.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

This is a great trail a little tricky to navigate on Greenville side quite a few people on the trail but was not packed part of the trail is being worked on so there is a detour around it and it's along the road falls park was the best and most crowded awesome place.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Low intensity hike.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

My husband and I recently purchased bikes to add a new twist to our workout schedule for some variety. We've ridden the trail once at this point. We began in TR and went about 6 miles toward Greenville. The ride is mostly downhill from TR which makes returning mostly uphill. I would suggest to new riders like us to begin in Greenville so you are fresh for the uphill challenge. Over all, this is a great, fun and challenging ride especially for beginners.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Didn't get to walk the whole trail but it was a decent little trail and the falls park bridge and water fall was cool.

Friday, April 15, 2016

We bike this trail often. It's not the most scenic trail, but it's coming along and Greenville in constantly working towards beautification projects, etc. (I wouldn't be on it after dark, not a safe place to be.)

Friday, November 13, 2015

Great place

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Great walk in the woods with a good amount of foot and bike traffic.

Sunday, July 06, 2014

Who would have thought, that on July the 5th, someone could have had such a perfect bike ride on the swamp rabbit trial. Weather was gorgeous. Low humidity was unbelievable today. Rode trial out to Travelers Rest and back. Even made the ride through Cleveland Park and back as well. Great Ride. Beautiful day.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

I biked the trail from where it starts at Traveler's Rest to Furman University to some sort of chemical plant and then back. It was about 10 miles and I wished I had turned around at Furman. Going back is uphill and I was on a mountain bike. I also didn't bring gloves so I got blisters on my hands. I had to get off the bike and walk part of the way. I looped around the lake at Furman. There are some nice views of the tower, the birds, and the mountain. There is also a restroom. The trail starts at a picturesque graveyard then goes through the attractive downtown of Traveler's Rest. I stopped by the American Restaurant there and had a nice meal. They have a place to lock up your bike. There is a water fountain between TR and Furman where the train is parked. The trail is wooded near Furman and beyond. Scenery was okay for a road bike trail, which is usually a little boring. I took my time with lots of detours and breaks; I suppose I was on the trail for 5 hours.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Great urban trail. All non motorized forms of travel are acceptable. Very fast cyclists will want to use only as a connector due to heavy slower traffic.

*Best Way* start at Linky Stone Park Downtown and head north. Ends 11 miles north in the town of Travelers Rest.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The part that runs through Greenville is very nice, but VERY confusing. When I thought I was on the trail, I'd see signs saying "to swap rabbit trail". Then when I tried to retrace my steps to my car, I ended up having to use my phone gps and walk on main roads to get back to the Reedy River Bridge and my car.