Palmetto Trail Swamp Fox Passage

Palmetto Trail Swamp Fox Passage is a 46.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Bonneau, South Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

Just completed the west section ending at mile marker 22. It's a nice hike with lots of water so the foot bridges are greatly appreciated. Part of the trail is closed right now. There is a detour and it is well marked. I recommend you check out the palmetto trail website for updates on the trail condition before heading out.

Nice flat trail, went during November after no rain for over 3 weeks so water was hard to come by. the swamp was DRY! Spent 3 days completing the passage. Even though we went in November the mosquitoes were INSANE. Would never do this during the summer, we couldn't stop with out getting attacked as is. Cane Gully dam is the broken looking picture, but it was possible.

I still remember this trail very well. There were times that I thought we were walking too close to the snake habitat.

I did this summer before last. It was a nice trip. There were wolves howling at night but we were not able to see any.

Great hike

Best section of the Palmetto Trail hands down! I went when I was younger and did the whole thing in 2 days. It is very flat and has great scenery. I would definitely recommend this for a multi-day camping trip with family or a group of friends. I'm not a biker but you could easily do this whole section in 2 days. It does cut across the highways in a few sections, so be aware of traffic. Other than that, this is my favorite "long" trail hands down.

Great trip for how close it is, went during the winter. Not the best time to go but it was all in all a fun trip away from civilization. Only beef i had with it, was it was heavily saturated with horse trails as well as pavement. I advise not to go during warmer months because of misquitos. They release wolves in the area, so occassionally you can hear a wolf howling in the back ground during night. Tons of other cool wildlife. Worth a trip if your in the area and have a few days. Very easy hike, flat but swampy. interesting from my usual mountain treks. A bunch of day hikers as well which i did not like.