Sulphur Springs Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greenville, South Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Had a great time! First half was very tough for me, but after the halfway point it was mostly a gradual downhill. Completely tree covered. Nice small waterfalls. I will definitely come back!

we started clockwise and it was smooth going, with few mountain bikes. coming down from this direction (on the part where bikes are not allowed) was pretty technical. once we got to the dam and the waterfall the rest of the walk out was easy.

This is my favorite of all the Paris Mountain trails!

Started at the big sign on the left and hiked it clockwise.

Leisurely as you start out, but becomes more challenging as you get near the pond and begin climbing. After that, it will gas you. Don’t let anyone here kid you, the stretch from the lake up to the road would wear out a goat.

After that, it smooths out and becomes a stroll downhill on a bike path. It twists and turns for a few miles and is a beautiful hike. Highly recommended...just have your heart right (literally) for the first 2 Miles.

I tracked the loop at 4.4 miles, so it is a bit longer than listed.

Really interesting, pretty and challenging climb at the beginning. Along the stream. The 2nd half is less challenging. Pod trail for dogs. A number of accessible water spots.

I hiked this trail on a weekday and it was my first time in Paris Mtn. State Park. I think it might be a bit longer than indicated here, but it was an enjoyable hike. It took me about 1 hour and 45 minutes. As others have said, if you begin hiking upstream, the climb is steep but beautiful, and the second part of the hike is easy but relatively uninteresting after a brief tree-filled view at the top. I would hike this trail again, but I’d hike out and back so that I could enjoy the stream for the entire hike.

Easy trail if you're in shape. Cool water falls.

First time in Paris mountain park. Trail is very doable for most people. Recommend kids over 7/8. First section is quite steep and challenging but don't worry it gets much much easier after first hour and becomes flat/downhill. Nice trail with streams, trees etc but nothing too exciting. Recommended.

The first part was more challenging than expected, but manageable for my 10 year old and us. Recommended, but be prepared for the sulphuric springs loop section by mountain lake.

I did this trail a week ago with a mixed age group. Staring at the kiosk go clockwise to do the more challenging part first. The trail up follows a stream with plenty of small waterfalls, small slides, rock-steps, and plenty of wildflowers...even in this hot weather. Once at the highest elevation it follows a ridge and the descent is mostly wide switchbacks. Plenty of small wonders to see if you keep your eyes open for them. We went on a Saturday so there was no biking on the trail that day.

Nice pavilions at the start/finish of the trail for lunch as well as huge picnic tables at the end of the parking area. A good intro to Paris Mountain!

The first portion of the trail until you reach maximum elevation is gorgeous with many rock slide waterfalls and of course the dam, but it should really be labeled difficult as the rock climbing is pretty extensive especially where the path is narrow beside large drop offs. I took my 5 and 7 year olds and it was almost more than they could manage.

We loved this trail. Beautiful and fun.

Definitely a moderate to hard trail. There are several steep places, narrow paths, and a bit of rock climbing........and I say rock climbing, because I’m only 5’1. Taller people could probably take big steps. There were many people hiking and all were really nice. I did cross paths with a few bicyclists that were friendly. It’s a great place to take your dogs if they walk on a leash well, which mine doesn’t. After the bridge, there’s not much sight seeing. The first part made me think of the movie Lord of the Rings. It’s cute with lots of sun peaking down at the many tree roots poking out of the ground.

I don’t see how everyone else reviewed this as easy? My sister and I did this one this weekend and it was a challenging trail, lots of climbing etc. unless we started somewhere differently LOL. Loved the trail and scenery though. Was a great hike!

The dam was really cool and the streams were nice but once you reached a point everything was pretty flat and absolutely no views of anything. I would definitely recommend other hikes in the area over this one.

Great trail. Much is good for trail running. Watch for mountain bikers.

Great trail!!!

End was kinda boring but the beginning of the trail has beautiful streams :). Would go again.

Beautiful views of the water.

I great little walk on a nice day. The reservoir was very pretty and the valve house was cool. The second half of the loop we were on a wide trail with a ton of mountain bikers. it was a bit precarious to wrangle my dog while I had bikers going past us (sometimes unannounced!). My only criticism is to maybe have mountain biker trails separate from walking trails.

Thursday, October 05, 2017

Did this trail with my daughter today. We both enjoyed it very much. Saw a small Black Rat Snake, a few turtles at the reservoir, and the showstopper!....a piebald Chipmunk! I will post a pic.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

The first mile of the trail was stunning and a good workout. I saw wildflowers, the old Greenville reservoir, and several tranquil springs. The last three seemed ideal for trail running or mountain biking but a little dull for hikers. A nice, wide and sandy path through woods for last three miles.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Challenging but worth it. Some cool rivers and an old dam to see along the way. Relatively strenuous - moderate.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The first mile and a half is pretty tough, but the rest is mostly flat.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

For 63 year old beginner hikers it was hard. We're both over weight and this was the furthest we have gone on this type of trail. We finished it, it was a confidence builder but it was very hard.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Beautiful! Very muddy after rain so wear some old shoes

Sunday, June 25, 2017

It was moderate with lots of climbing, maneuvering and obstacles. Made for great fun. Took longer than I expected and would benefit from walking sticks.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Easy hike with beautiful scenery! One section of steeper incline, the rest was fairly flat, except for all the tree roots.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Great incline and fun hike

Saturday, June 03, 2017

I walked the trail clockwise. One part was pretty rough with roots but a really good trail for a beginner like myself.