Sulphur Springs Trail

Sulphur Springs Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greenville, South Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I great little walk on a nice day. The reservoir was very pretty and the valve house was cool. The second half of the loop we were on a wide trail with a ton of mountain bikers. it was a bit precarious to wrangle my dog while I had bikers going past us (sometimes unannounced!). My only criticism is to maybe have mountain biker trails separate from walking trails.

Did this trail with my daughter today. We both enjoyed it very much. Saw a small Black Rat Snake, a few turtles at the reservoir, and the showstopper!....a piebald Chipmunk! I will post a pic.

The first mile of the trail was stunning and a good workout. I saw wildflowers, the old Greenville reservoir, and several tranquil springs. The last three seemed ideal for trail running or mountain biking but a little dull for hikers. A nice, wide and sandy path through woods for last three miles.

Challenging but worth it. Some cool rivers and an old dam to see along the way. Relatively strenuous - moderate.

The first mile and a half is pretty tough, but the rest is mostly flat.

For 63 year old beginner hikers it was hard. We're both over weight and this was the furthest we have gone on this type of trail. We finished it, it was a confidence builder but it was very hard.

Beautiful! Very muddy after rain so wear some old shoes

It was moderate with lots of climbing, maneuvering and obstacles. Made for great fun. Took longer than I expected and would benefit from walking sticks.

Easy hike with beautiful scenery! One section of steeper incline, the rest was fairly flat, except for all the tree roots.

Great incline and fun hike

I walked the trail clockwise. One part was pretty rough with roots but a really good trail for a beginner like myself.

Rated as one of the more strenuous hikes at Paris Mountain State Park. Definitely more easy to moderate at times.

Relaxing and undulating hills.

Nice hike. Hated for it to end.

It was a nice day get away. Kind of too easy for my taste. But definitely a good hike for a beginner.

nice interesting trail on the harder part of the trail

only hiked the lower portion up to the dam from parking area but really enjoyed it. had my 5 year old with me so we couldn't go much further.

Great loop with a variety of terrain.

The description says moderate. I was lulled into thinking that was the case and went up the dam side with a baby, a nine year old and a dog. If you ascend the dam side it DOES NOT seem moderate. I spoke to some of the regulars on the trail of various ages and they put that side of the trail up to about a 9 out of 10. While I don't think it is quite that tough I would not have done it with a baby strapped to my chest. There are narrow paths along drops and roots and rocks along the trail. There are places where some older and younger folks may have to negotiate boulders on the path and a few tricky places.