Sulphur Springs Trail

Sulphur Springs Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greenville, South Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

nice interesting trail on the harder part of the trail

only hiked the lower portion up to the dam from parking area but really enjoyed it. had my 5 year old with me so we couldn't go much further.

Great loop with a variety of terrain.

The description says moderate. I was lulled into thinking that was the case and went up the dam side with a baby, a nine year old and a dog. If you ascend the dam side it DOES NOT seem moderate. I spoke to some of the regulars on the trail of various ages and they put that side of the trail up to about a 9 out of 10. While I don't think it is quite that tough I would not have done it with a baby strapped to my chest. There are narrow paths along drops and roots and rocks along the trail. There are places where some older and younger folks may have to negotiate boulders on the path and a few tricky places.

Nice place for hiking...