Stewardship Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Irmo, South Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 219 feet Route Type: Loop

NOTE: As of 2/25/2019, users have reported that the trail is closed. Please check the forest's website for more information - https://www.state.sc.us/forest/refharb.htm - or call (803) 896-8897.

great little walk. I would say this was easy not moderate

Nice easy trail. All wooded except a small section by the river. We appreciated the benches set up by the river where we stopped for lunch.

bridge out
private property
Wed Apr 17 2019

Mon Mar 04 2019

Trails soaked so checked out the roads. Almost 10 miles if you do them all!

Mon Feb 25 2019

Trails closed so walked the road. Easy 7.5 miles on a pretty day. The road is not so pleasant on hot or very dry days due to exposure and dust from the road, however.

Nice day. Cool and misty. Water levels at the river amazingly high and a couple trails flooded because of it. Could find ways around at all points. Strung all the trails together to get the 20 miles but you can shorten it up as you like. Trails often muddy so don’t be surprised if you come back a bit dirty!

Thu Feb 21 2019

Took my teenage daughters and our dog on this trail. Was a good short trail for a chilly afternoon.

Sun Feb 10 2019

Walked from parking to river which was nice. Trail won't comfortablely allow two wide - have to walk the edge...it is forested and open. Saw one deer comfortablely away, probably too many bikes coming through. Will probably cone Shaun and do the whole loop.

Mon Jun 26 2017

was a bit boring for me at times, would be great for beginners. recommend going counterclockwise, but it seems like the trail can be ridden both ways. nice wide trails, well maintained and marked. grab a map at one of the stands, it will help you in the long run. i feel like the trail could use some more berms and maybe a small jump going off of one on the roots.

Tue Jun 06 2017

Great trail, worked perfect for a nice family hike.

Sat Feb 27 2016

My favorite trail. Technical

Wed Sep 09 2015

I little tough. But I enjoyed it.

Mon Jul 20 2015

Great trail a little challenging at the end.

Fri Jun 20 2014

As beginner mountain bikers we really tested ourselves on the trails at Harbison. I got confused on which was which because we did some of 3 in one day... maps / trails were a bit confusing so we just kept riding. I realized which Steward was when someone mentioned about it going near peoples back yards. Great ride and was difficult enough to make it challenging but not overwhelming for beginners. Bring more water then you think you will need!!

Sun Nov 18 2012

Beginners trail with a small downhill with fun jumps. One area actually goes into the backs of peoples yards ...you'll enjoy the trail right in this area as this is where its most technical. Wife enjoys this trail but kinda boring for me. Has a connector to get you to some fun riding though.....

Mon Feb 20 2012

Good beginner trail to stroll through. A little bit faster that the Firebreak break, but great trail if your just starting out riding. Only saw one other rider to, so it seemed like I had the trail to myself.

Tue Apr 30 2019