Savannah River Bluffs

Savannah River Bluffs is a 2 mile loop trail located near North Augusta, South Carolina. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nothing crazy but nice trail with nice view. Nice for a weekday or sunset.

Nice little walk. Wasn't too difficult to find, and pretty easy to traverse. Well marked, with white diamond placards and arrows. Just watch out for snakes, saw two hanging out in the dried up creek beds.

It was nice but there are bridges you have to cross along the trail and they seem to be falling apart. The end view is definitely worth it though!

This is a very nice trail, I enjoyed it except that I saw dogs not on leashes. I am seeing photos other hikers have posted of dogs not on leashes even though it clearly states that dogs must be on a leash. This is the second trail in this area that I have witnessed this, on one occasion out at the lake the dog actually ran up on myself and my son and snarled as if he was going to attack all the while the owner is saying don't worry he want bite! Do dog owners not understand that some people have a fear of dogs? I love dogs but I am not comfortable with dogs that I am not familiar with. Please be respectful of others and know that you are sharing the trail.

I enjoyed the trail. It was my first time at this trail. Within 5 to 8 minutes of my hike, I saw a deer and was able to take some great pics as we stared at each other. I am definitely going back. It will be a good walk for after work. Oh, and my pup seemed to like it as well.

This was an easy 1 hour slow-paced hike. We brought our two small non-athletic dogs and they did well! Recommend a relaxing river-side picnic for anyone trying to enjoy a lazy Sunday.

Best hiking trail in North Augusta. Beautiful terrain that comes out to the Savannah River. The hike is short so go around it twice!

Gorgeous, hiked it right before dusk it was absolutely breathtaking.

The road to get to the parking area looks like a one-way and is barely wide enough for 1.5 cars but once you get started, its beautiful!

Note: very close to houses, did not expect that. So cute, quiet (went on Feb 21st) and had a nice variety of slopes, fallen trees, rocks and you pretty much followed a stream. Great photos. You get so close to the water at the river. If you sit right next to where the water starts and look out, you feel like you're floating on top of the water. The return trip was the relatively rough part because it was uphill and had rocks. Great hike!!!

One of the nicest trails I've ever been on even in comparison to the north GA mountains. I can't believe this is in North Augusta.

Nice hike, especially for wildflowers in spring. Two areas are difficult for me, climbing up or down the rocks near the river (you have to go down them if you start from the higher trail, up is easier) and coming back up the hill to the parking area.

Great moderate hiking trail for beginners with a wonderful river vista at the halfway point. Recent rains made the ground and rocks a little slick and the trail was blocked in one place by a downed tree, but these were easy challenges to overcome. Beautiful trail!