Savannah River Bluffs is a 2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near North Augusta, South Carolina that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 288 feet Route Type: Loop

Good trail for a family with little kids, mostly shaded, slight incline on some areas but trail is a loop so it’s easy to follow. Trail head was slightly off a private property. Also, some parts are backing up neighborhoods which had dogs that barks when you pass through. Other than that, the view of the Savannah River half way through was gorgeous!

great trail with surprisingly tough climbs. the first .2 miles you go straight down 100 feet and. you hike through a power line clearing for a bit before following a peaceful creek to the huge Savannah River. the loop takes you back up a ridge above the creek and it joins the main trail in the power line clearing. great trail overall!

This is such a fun and beautiful trail!!!! Be ready for an uphill hike on the way back if you follow the loop-whew!

A nice trail. Beautiful day. Nice half way mark to end up at the river.

Such a nice trail to the river. Very peaceful and not much traffic which is always great! We took the loop which wasn’t clear on how to cross so we jumped a stream I’m glad I had the app to help with the directions!

Nice hike with beautiful views. I hiked out to enjoy a quick lunch on the river.

Marked trail does not match what is in the app.

This was a great little trail for an easy hike. It has several changes in elevation and features some cool streams with interesting plants around. The view of the river is a nice reward, and it loops clearly back to where you started. Highly recommend for a fun outing on a day off!

This trail was very nice, I went there with my younger brother, my aunt and my grandma. We had a great time and I am looking forward to going again.

This trail features beautiful rocky outcrops and views of the Savannah River, and contains quite a bit of incline. The trail markers can be quite confusing, with lots of offshoot trails that just abruptly end. At one point I somehow ended up in someone’s private drive.

So we did this trail on Christmas morning. It was super fun. Slightly hard to figure where the trail continues once you get to Savannah River. Mostly it’s well marked but not on that spot. You have to climb up some steep incline to get back on the trail. Not too bad though. It’s very scenic on the trail , great picture opportunities. Loved every moment.

Pleasant hike with nice views. This is the western end (2.6 miles) of the 12.5 mile US Forest Service Turkey/Wine Creek trail. While the trail is generally well blazed with paint, with all the leaves down one needs to be aware of the trail in a couple of places. Good hike to stretch the legs.

This is my favorite local hike and I go here about once a week. Once you start out on the trail you immediately feel like your in the upcountry, SC. The way down to the river is easy as the whole thing is mainly down hill. The way back is moderate as it's mainly uphill the entire time. For an easier hike I suggest doing the loop clockwise. I definitely recommend this hike and taking time to sit by the Savannah River for a rest. I made a video of this hike if you would like to watch: https://youtu.be/A_68l-nHEPw

For the area this has great variety and really gives you bang for your buck so to speak. A bit overgrown at the moment on the power line but still extremely easy to find your way, literally just follow the numerous signs.

Downhill to the river and uphill back. This trail does make you feel separated from civilization in a nice way. Lots of spider webs crossing the trail when I went.

Pretty eazy. My only difficulty was trying to find the loop. When you get down to the river there is a creek that divides & is preventing you from crossing eazily. As I headed up the trail 300 yards there were not any clear markings for where the connecting loop section is located. I used this app to try and locate the connecting point but I was not able to find the loop. I also did not see another trail connecting at the beginning. At one point you are a clearing with powelines and perhaps the loop meets here either up or down the hill. I was with younger kids so I wasnt able to explore. Ill try the trail again.

Thu Jun 06 2019

Great, peaceful hike. Took about 45 mins with some sight seeing. Quick hike to get the blood pumping!

Mon Jun 03 2019

This is a great trail and offers a few different varieties of landscape. It is a great trail for solo, family, or pet hikes. It has two paths, one being a little more simple going through the valley of hills, and the other being a little more vertical as you go more straight up one of the hills right before coming back down to be met by the river. This is a beautiful trail and a great hike for beginners or someone who has more hiking experience. I would recommend this to all who are interested or those who are nearby.

Tue May 28 2019

totally loved this trail!! will definitely be coming back. Very beautiful and peaceful my dogs enjoyed it as well!!

Sat Mar 23 2019

Beautiful view of river

Sun Mar 17 2019

Fun hiking trail that led to a beautiful river stream. Very crisp, refreshing air. Highly recommended.

Wed Feb 06 2019

this moderate trail is a favorite, a great one to get used to trekking

Sun Jan 06 2019

Great little hike hidden in North Augusta. Feels like your in the mountains. Beautiful nature hike and you come right up to the river.

Wed Jan 02 2019

great little trail lots of ups and downs beautiful little creek that runs beside the trail in the first half and quite an amazing view of the river about halfway in. the first little piece of trail seemed like we were walking in people's backyard to be so close to the interstate was quite clean and maintained the trail to seem easy to follow.

Thu Dec 13 2018

Awesome trail, could use a few more trail markers

Sun Nov 18 2018

Decent hike but poorly marked. I liked how close you get to the river

Thu Oct 18 2018

really nice hike. felt like the mountains!