Savannah River Bluffs

Savannah River Bluffs is a 2 mile loop trail located near North Augusta, South Carolina. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I enjoyed the trail. It was my first time at this trail. Within 5 to 8 minutes of my hike, I saw a deer and was able to take some great pics as we stared at each other. I am definitely going back. It will be a good walk for after work. Oh, and my pup seemed to like it as well.

This was an easy 1 hour slow-paced hike. We brought our two small non-athletic dogs and they did well! Recommend a relaxing river-side picnic for anyone trying to enjoy a lazy Sunday.

Best hiking trail in North Augusta. Beautiful terrain that comes out to the Savannah River. The hike is short so go around it twice!

Gorgeous, hiked it right before dusk it was absolutely breathtaking.

The road to get to the parking area looks like a one-way and is barely wide enough for 1.5 cars but once you get started, its beautiful!

Note: very close to houses, did not expect that. So cute, quiet (went on Feb 21st) and had a nice variety of slopes, fallen trees, rocks and you pretty much followed a stream. Great photos. You get so close to the water at the river. If you sit right next to where the water starts and look out, you feel like you're floating on top of the water. The return trip was the relatively rough part because it was uphill and had rocks. Great hike!!!

One of the nicest trails I've ever been on even in comparison to the north GA mountains. I can't believe this is in North Augusta.

Nice hike, especially for wildflowers in spring. Two areas are difficult for me, climbing up or down the rocks near the river (you have to go down them if you start from the higher trail, up is easier) and coming back up the hill to the parking area.

Great moderate hiking trail for beginners with a wonderful river vista at the halfway point. Recent rains made the ground and rocks a little slick and the trail was blocked in one place by a downed tree, but these were easy challenges to overcome. Beautiful trail!

Well marked trail, enjoyed the loop out to the rapids. Access point to water is very small area but pretty view.

We trekked the trail Thanksgiving Day. It was an easy hike and just long enough to feel like we had walked off part of our huge lunch. Foliage colors were still vibrant and gorgeous along the trail and creek. We saw one mature black racer, lots of cardinals and small birds. At least 7 people were hiking and some of them had dogs, so it was busy. A beautiful view of the river is about halfway down the trail. You will see homes along certain parts of the trail, but it didn't bother us. The trail was very well marked and easy to follow.

Awesome trail!

Well marked and maintained trail with enough ascents/descents to keep it invigorating. Scenic with the fall leaf colors and the Savannah River. I went on a Saturday morning in November, and it was surprisingly devoid of other hikers. The trailhead is a bit misleading as it is sandwiched between private residences while driving to it, and even while doing the initial part of the hike. Persevere--it is worth it.