Savannah River Bluffs

Savannah River Bluffs is a 2 mile loop trail located near North Augusta, South Carolina that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice late morning hike. Saw turtles, millipedes, and lots of fungi. Beautiful view of the rapids.

Awesome scenery, pretty moderate terrain, not to hard to run though.

Very easy hike to a beautiful lookout. Took us about 40 minutes. Watch out for spider webs!

Loved this trail. Almost like being in the mountains. There's a great little spot to sit by the river.

Beautiful trail with water view. One steep hill at the halfway point that can be avoided by retracing your previous steps (steep hill at middle of loop/ water overlook).

Absolutely loved the view of the river. It’s a well shaded walk/ hike. It’s an easy to follow with beautiful views.

Moderate to hard after rains. Also parts are not marked.

Very nice trail with a lovely view of the river. Well marked and easy to follow. Some decent hills which is nice for this area.

We hike this trail almost every week with our dogs. They love it. It can get very hilly so be prepared for a good hike. And in the fall there are giant spiders.

Very hilly for a beginner, the view at the river was awesome.

Nice short technical trail.

This is a beautiful hike down to the river with a little stream, boulders, and bridges. I would suggest bringing a trash bag, if you remember, to pick up the liter from other hikers. I'll try to remember next time.

One of my favorite trails to hike. beautiful view of the river half way through the trail.

Love this trail! Best view of the river.

Lovely walk for a Sunday afternoon. The western part of the loop is temporarily closed, but the trip down to the river and back took less than an hour at a leisurely pace. Will go again soon!

Nothing crazy but nice trail with nice view. Nice for a weekday or sunset.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Nice little walk. Wasn't too difficult to find, and pretty easy to traverse. Well marked, with white diamond placards and arrows. Just watch out for snakes, saw two hanging out in the dried up creek beds.

Friday, June 09, 2017

It was nice but there are bridges you have to cross along the trail and they seem to be falling apart. The end view is definitely worth it though!

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

This is a very nice trail, I enjoyed it except that I saw dogs not on leashes. I am seeing photos other hikers have posted of dogs not on leashes even though it clearly states that dogs must be on a leash. This is the second trail in this area that I have witnessed this, on one occasion out at the lake the dog actually ran up on myself and my son and snarled as if he was going to attack all the while the owner is saying don't worry he want bite! Do dog owners not understand that some people have a fear of dogs? I love dogs but I am not comfortable with dogs that I am not familiar with. Please be respectful of others and know that you are sharing the trail.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

I enjoyed the trail. It was my first time at this trail. Within 5 to 8 minutes of my hike, I saw a deer and was able to take some great pics as we stared at each other. I am definitely going back. It will be a good walk for after work. Oh, and my pup seemed to like it as well.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

This was an easy 1 hour slow-paced hike. We brought our two small non-athletic dogs and they did well! Recommend a relaxing river-side picnic for anyone trying to enjoy a lazy Sunday.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Best hiking trail in North Augusta. Beautiful terrain that comes out to the Savannah River. The hike is short so go around it twice!

Friday, March 24, 2017

Gorgeous, hiked it right before dusk it was absolutely breathtaking.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

The road to get to the parking area looks like a one-way and is barely wide enough for 1.5 cars but once you get started, its beautiful!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Note: very close to houses, did not expect that. So cute, quiet (went on Feb 21st) and had a nice variety of slopes, fallen trees, rocks and you pretty much followed a stream. Great photos. You get so close to the water at the river. If you sit right next to where the water starts and look out, you feel like you're floating on top of the water. The return trip was the relatively rough part because it was uphill and had rocks. Great hike!!!

Friday, January 27, 2017

One of the nicest trails I've ever been on even in comparison to the north GA mountains. I can't believe this is in North Augusta.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Nice hike, especially for wildflowers in spring. Two areas are difficult for me, climbing up or down the rocks near the river (you have to go down them if you start from the higher trail, up is easier) and coming back up the hill to the parking area.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Great moderate hiking trail for beginners with a wonderful river vista at the halfway point. Recent rains made the ground and rocks a little slick and the trail was blocked in one place by a downed tree, but these were easy challenges to overcome. Beautiful trail!

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Well marked trail, enjoyed the loop out to the rapids. Access point to water is very small area but pretty view.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

We trekked the trail Thanksgiving Day. It was an easy hike and just long enough to feel like we had walked off part of our huge lunch. Foliage colors were still vibrant and gorgeous along the trail and creek. We saw one mature black racer, lots of cardinals and small birds. At least 7 people were hiking and some of them had dogs, so it was busy. A beautiful view of the river is about halfway down the trail. You will see homes along certain parts of the trail, but it didn't bother us. The trail was very well marked and easy to follow.