Sassafras Mountain to Pinnacle Lake is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Sunset, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

This trail is top notch. A trail runner's dream.

Went there last week. Awesome and difficult hike. Headed back in June. I didn't bring my camera as it was supposed to rain. Did it in 3 days.

Great trail. One of the best I’ve done yet!! Trail had a lot of great views, waterfalls, and much more. If you do this make sure you take plenty of protein to help your muscles recovery from all the climbing you will do. This only took us about a day and half. We ventured a little off course to get the overview of table rock as well.

Great trail. It should be noted that there are no campsites in Table rock state park and it is against park rules to camp along the trail, so plan on doing the whole loop without stopping? We went in January and completed this in three days and two nights. We saw about twelve day hikers and I have been told that TBRSP is very crowded during the peak season. There is evidence of a previous forest fire throughout this whole trail. There are lots of rock caves. Water is not an issue except along the ridge trail.

Saturday, December 02, 2017