Rosebrock Park - Live Oak Trail

Rosebrock Park - Live Oak Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Summerville, South Carolina that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 3 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I took my dog on this trail and it was nice. It was especially interesting given the history of the place, easy to navigate. I’d definitely do it again!

Short trail, heavily wooded but close to road with lots of traffic noise and outside of dense woods not much to see. The area needs to up their game for walkability and biking.

A fun walk through the woods. I've been on this trail several times and its one of my favorites in the area. Easy to walk and navigate.

enjoyed the fragrant Trail. good for pets and family. A lot of water views in the canal. went with my family and also by my self.

I am training my son how how to mountain bike on this trail. Nice easy beginner trail.

It's a nice trail if you are looking for a short hike or run. It's not suitable for long distance hikers or runners.

Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Ok walking trail in the woods. No good views. Just kind of boring, but if you just need to walk amongst the trees it serves it purpose. Hopefully, one day they make it longer and maybe a loop. Bring bug spray and watch for huge spider webs and the occasional snake.

Monday, June 11, 2018

I do this trail often with my dog and 3 children ages 10,6 and 4. Family favorite well shaded but I recommend bug spray!

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Lots of poison ivy

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Nice level trail with a couple of informational stops . Brought 2 kids and they enjoyed it.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Easy hike through the woods. While the trail is nice and the scenery peaceful, the traffic noise detracts a bit from the experience. Still worth it to me, though.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Easy Trail, with lots of spurs to the Ashley River, Probaly some good fishing. Take the pup and the kids and enjoy an easy trail!

Saturday, July 29, 2017

My dog Ash and I walked the trails on an overcast Saturday morning. No one else was there we had a lovely peaceful walk. As soon as you leave the trail beware of spiders. I would rather a chance encounter with Bigfoot than the spiders. Too bad there's not enough water in the creek water was stagnant and stinky. But overall a really nice hike

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Easy, clear labeled paths.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Nice little walk. Very easy. Nice scenery.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

pretty stroller friendly. All terrain strollers work best on this trail. Love to let my preschooler go and run her energy off.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Lots of snakes.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Had a nice walk through the woods. The path is well kept, and the entire thing is shaded. Great choice for a short afternoon hike.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

My dogs love that this is is a pet friendly trail.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Nice stroll through the woods. Not too long, but it's a tad bit muddy when there has been recent rain. Over all a good little walk. Quite and a great place to walk your pups. The take really good care of it.

Monday, February 01, 2016

have hosted 7 cleanup and trail renourishment projects for the county with my cub scout pack.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Great short trail, well marked and dog friendly. Few dog clean up stations and benches. Glad we stumbled on it and will definitely visit regularly!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

It's a nice walk through the woods. There are a couple bridges. I got lost because the trail mixes with the Swamp Fox Trail, and I tried to take them both. I ended up walking along the roadside (under construction area). Overall it was an alright walk, hardly any kind of hike.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Nice trail. Well constructed bridges over small streams. Trails are wide with few roots. Canal trail is temporarily closed due to road construction.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Live Oak Trail is a nice, easy afternoon hike. While you need to watch for tree roots and spider webs, the path is well marked and flows nicely through the woods. The Live Oak Trail can be used as an out and back trail or combine it with Canal Trail to make it a loop. The Swamp Fox Trail is also a short loop in itself that is connected to the other two if you want an extended hike.

Sunday, May 13, 2018