Raven Cliff Falls Trail

Raven Cliff Falls Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cleveland, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Greenville: Drive northwest on US 276. Continue to the parking area for the Raven Cliff Falls Trail, which is on the right one mile beyond Caesars Head State Park. The trailhead is across the road and marked with red blazes.

My first hike with two of my teenage children. Was perfect for us in terms of difficulty but disappointing that you still need to take a longer trail to get down to the falls themselves. We will make the longer hike to get there for sure.

Not a bad hike, 4.4 miles total, the trail is narrow in some areas and lots of tree roots. Not very small dog friendly, too many obstacles to jump over. The waterfall is big and beautiful but it is very far away from the viewing/overlook area. Lots of parking space and there was a lot of people were on the trail, high foot traffic trail.

Enjoyable early AM solo hike on a foggy weekday summer morning. I started out a little after 7:00 AM and other than passing one group on my way out, I had the trail completely to myself. I had to wait for the clouds and fog to clear to see falls from observation deck but it was definitely worth it. The observation deck isn't very close to the falls (maybe 1/4 mile) but I had read this so it wasn't too disappointing but be prepared. The fog and mist made for a really interesting hike with lots of neat photo ops, just not a long, clear view of the falls. It was like hiking in the clouds.

Amazing hike! I had a blast and the challenge was just my style. Although the trail is listed as kid friendly, I wouldn’t bring anyone under the age of 6 or 7 if you’re planning on going the whole 4 miles.

Great beautiful hike! Was hoping it would be closer to falls but was all good anyway! Will definitely do it again!

Great hike. The trail is well marked and the view of the falls (albeit at a distance) is gorgeous. They are huge! The lookout has places to sit and eat a snack and enjoy the sounds of the falls. We had a great time.

This was a great hike, some good inclines in and out, makes for some good exercise. Great lookout for the falls.

Great hike if with someone. Seemed like I would never make it to the end and I actually didn’t.

Excellent front-country hike along a ridge to an impressive waterfall viewpoint. Trail is well-graded and well-marked: just follow the red paint blazes to the overlook. Viewpoint is somewhat distant from the waterfall, but it gives a great angle and the waterfall is huge. Parking area can overflow on weekends, so try to plan a weekday hike if possible. The park lists this trail at 4.4 miles long, but the recording used here gives 3.5 miles. My observation more or less splits the difference at 4 miles. Regardless of the exact distance, I had a great hike here.

Beautiful trail and scenery with great vantage points, and a nice view of the falls at the end. This trail is actually 2.2 miles each way, for a 4.4 mile out-and-back.

Took the red trail and getting to the oveelook was worth it. Next time we'll try the trail with the bridge. The waterfall was beautiful.

Steep on way back up so use energy wisely.

Great day. Followed the orange trail and made a right on the blue trail. Nice little workout and trails were soft overall.

Enjoyed the hike with friends. I will definitely return!

Beautiful and definitely will go back

great hike in, the trails were well keep at the traffic in and out was light. the waterfall was pretty far away, I plan on doing the dismal section of the falls for better view next time.

Great hike! Falls were pretty far at the viewing area. Overall a very nice trial

The hike was a good quick workout with wide trails that were easily marked. The waterfall lookout point was a bit far away. The photo in the trail cover is NOT from this hike. My dog loved the hike too and there were plenty of views along the way.

Lots more exciting trails near here. The view of the waterfall is pretty far away.

Enjoyed the hike but the view of the waterfall was not that great

Very cool! I have detailed route and video trip on page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMvTK2Og1c0&t=25s

I liked the Hike but wasn't too rewarding as the waterfall view is so far away

This is a great hike. For various reasons. I personally must do this one at least once more..

easy short hike from Trail head parking on rt 276. takes about 4 or 5 hrs to hike the raven cliff falls loop. (for the avg hiker)

Nice trail. Not very strenuous but just perfect for the kids to have adventures on! Couldn’t see the falls as it was rainy and foggy!

It's only an overlook of the waterfall and it's pretty far away so can't exactly enjoy it. The trail however is nice and pretty easy. This trail I'd heavily trafficked.

Lots of people and families on this trail on a beautiful Saturday in September. It was almost as crowded as Walmart. A good bit of up and down but nothing overly strenuous. There are stairs in several areas and a man made shelter and deck at the end. The view of the falls were beautiful.

Great trail. Go in the Fall so you can see the fall well. There is a trail to go right near the falls but haven't done that yet.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Nice trail, but falls were pretty far away.