Raven Cliff Falls and Dismal Trail Loop

Raven Cliff Falls and Dismal Trail Loop is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cleveland, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Combining the Raven Cliff Falls trail, the Gum Gap trail, the Naturaland Trust trail, and the Dismal trail for a great adventure! This is a great workout with a tremendous payoff. Hike trail #11(FHT/Raven Cliff Falls,easy) to trail #13 (Gum Gap,easy). Follow Gum Gap to trail #14 (Natureland Trust, strenuous) over the suspension bridge and down the the side towards Matthews Creek at the bottom. Along the way there is a great break spot on a ledge and the Cathedral formation. This section is very steep going down. Cross Matthews Creek on the cables and start the vicious switchbacks on Trail #12 (the Dismal Trail) back to trail #11 and eventually the parking lot. This hike is outstanding. Be prepared, either direction this is a hard hike with a well earned payoff.

It's not as hard as the pinnacle trail loop.

Very secluded trail, dismal was not as intense as the warning sign leads you to believe, so go do it!

there's the moderate long-ish trail and the hard one. my family and I did the moderate one and it was great.

I am happy to say it was more difficult than I was expecting! Beautiful trail, we hiked down thru a rain cloud. We started around 2pm and had the trail to ourselves on the way back.

Great trail, had some great technical sections.

We hiked this trail yesterday and the Natrualand Trail was a little more difficult due to many trees that have fallen. There were many moments we had to hoist ourselves up by pulling up on roots from trees and it was easy to lose trail markers if you were not paying attention well. Dismal and Gum Gap trails were good. Just be careful! Also, the first time I did this trail I took my 65 lb dog and this trail is NOT dog or small children friendly. Very dangerous but fun!

Great trail! Easily marked, went left down Dismal which was steep and a pretty challenging descent, and up Natureland trust, which was a tough steady incline. Came across multiple downed trees blocking the trail which made some scrambling necessary. Great trail, about 9 miles on our devices

Great and challenging trail, but because of Irma, there are many large and even more small trees down. It was most challenging on the Pink #14 Natureland Trust trail. We lost the trail several times because the downed tree had the blaze or the trail was completely obscured. We never encountered the cable crossing - but we did cross one creek by walking across a downed tree - perhaps that had been it. Still a fun hike, but the downed trees increase the difficulty.

My husband and I hiked to the end of the Gum Gap Foothills Trail with our puppy and camped overnight. Great camping spot with a fire pit right next to Matthews Creek. Reconnected to Naturaland Trust Trail in the morning and up the Dismal Trail to Raven Cliff Falls Trail where we started. There are some great spots on these trails that are for the true adventurers. With the hike totaling more than 9 miles with all our camping gear and the dog, it definitely put our abilities to the test. We will definitely be back!

This trail was actually 8.8 miles from the overflow parking lot not the 7.5 miles as listed. Lovely waterfalls, 4 ladder climbs, and a swinging bridge. Unfortunately there was a lot of trash on this trail left by disrespectful ppl of nature all along the trails. We suggest to take the blue mark trail turning right, then the pink marked trail to the purple ascending trail back to the red unlike some of the other suggestions to go left. The trail is located across from the parking lot and isn't marked very clear FYI. This trail offers everything that I look for in a hike and I highly recommend it for the highly skilled trekker definitely not a walk in the park. Be sure to wear good boots because your in for ride.