Rainbow Falls Trail

Rainbow Falls Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cleveland, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking is limited and is known to be full sometimes during weekends

One of the most difficult hikes I have done. But well worth it. The views along the way, climbing up rocks and the falls were all breathtaking. Would not recommend for an easy afternoon hike, but to try something different and a great workout, this is the trail. Do bring water and snacks, and take as many breaks when needed!

Fairly difficult hike. Uphill, narrow in places, and you do climb over rocks most of the way. I took my dog and even she had challenges in a few spots. Overall worth the hike.

Great hike!

My favorite hike in SC!

Not too bad of a hike. Currently a giant tree covering part of the path which is a pain to climb through. It is a straight up hike so be ready work a workout! Look out for rattlesnakes, as my dog and I encountered one higher up on the trail!!

Nice challenging hike for those wishing to push it in Jones Gap State Park, but the waterfall makes it worth it, especially on a day after some heavy rains. The mist alone is a nice way to cool off, and if you have your water filter, it's a good place to fill back up (IF you have a filter).

This trail was so beautiful! We did it about a month ago and I remember it being a good workout going uphill a lot. Definitely take a snack to have near the waterfall! My boyfriend and I found a little spot where you can sit directly under the waterfall. Probably not recommended I'm sure, but the waterfall was so light we didn't see any harm in it. We did a hike in Table Rock SP and a long hike in Caesars Head and this one was my favorite out of all of them. Enjoy!!

I would say it's hard if you don't like going uphill the whole time other than that it's relatively easy wish you can keep a conversation going worth it when you get to the top

Took my puppy and he did it with no problem! Lots of shade just very steep in places.