Rainbow Falls Trail

Rainbow Falls Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cleveland, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking is limited and is known to be full sometimes during weekends

Great hike with Beautiful water fall.

Nice fairly strenuous hike to very pretty waterfall. Out and back. Allow about 4 hours or so with a break for lunch.

This was a definite challenge for average hiker. The rocky path and steep steps makes this a great hike with a beautiful reward as the falls are amazing. This is a great place to picnic, hike and camp.The leaves should be awesome in about two more weeks.

Beautiful falls worth the hike up.

Steep. worth it.

First time going today and deff is worth the hike to see the beautiful view! Not a long trail which is good for those who want to go for the views do a easy hour up and 40 minutes down.deff would go again

5 miles round trip. Do not recommend for young children or anyone out of shape or with heart conditions. One of my favorite hikes so far. The waterfall is amazing and definitely worth the climb.

Very enjoyable hike.

Tough hike toward the end but the view of the falls is worth it. Lots of steep stairs so if you have bad knees or haven't been exercising regularly I wouldn't start with this hike. Fridays early morning is quiet with little foot traffic.

This was the first time my boyfriend and I have visited the park and we decided to choose this trail as it features a fall. We just moved here from Florida a month ago, and we loved it. It was definitely a challenge, but glad we did it! I wouldn't recommend it for people with bad knees or in poor shape, we encountered crying kids and also people that turned around before reaching the falls.

My friends and I have been doing this trail for a few years and it's something special let me tell you. The first time we did it, it was torture. Bad knees are not welcome on this trail. There are approximately 4-5 sets of stairs on the trail, some of them range from relatively easy to a step that can reach above your calf or even hips depending on your height. It took us lots of breaks and a few hours at first but now we can get up in about an hour and back down in 45 minutes. This trail is very rocky and it gets thin and high up in one part, there a very obvious drop off on one side of the trail where some dirt isn't as solid as it could be but even if you did fall there's a bunch of plants to keep you from rolling too far down the slope. Even with all this it's worth it. When you reach the ridge the falls are cool and crisp and everything you want them to be. Also, if you find yourself there around 10am-12am you might be lucky enough to see why they're called rainbow falls. Happy Hiking!

We had a great time. Definitely worth the view!!

About 2.5 miles each way up mostly rocky stairs, with some creeks and a big waterfall at the top of the red marked trail... My dog and I really enjoyed it.