Rainbow Falls Trail

Rainbow Falls Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cleveland, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking is limited and is known to be full sometimes during weekends

My husband and I enjoyed this hike. The terrain is somewhat challenging in a couple of places. The view at the waterfall is pretty spectacular!

We started at the Jones Gap State Park parking lot and followed the Jones Gap Trail for about 3/4 of a mile where it continues to the left and the Rainbow Falls trail starts to the right. From here it's a moderate to hard trail up to the falls but definitely worth it. Since we started early in the morning we met most of the traffic on our way back down.

This isn't our first time here and it won't be our last! Jones Gap State Park has a lot to offer!

Tough hike but totally worth it!

Good for my morning cardio. uneven terrain the whole trail- rocky, rooty. But the waterfall.... AH-MAZING!

Great leg workout hiking uphill. Lots of steps. I recommend footwear with good ankle support because of all the rocks you're walking through. I went the day after a heavy rainfall so the waterfalls were coming down pretty heavy and in great amount. Great intermediate hike. Not for beginners.

Beautiful trail. From the parking lot to the waterfall and back, it takes a total of 3.5 to 4 hours at a reasonable pace. It's challenging, but kid/dog friendly. If you're not into climbing steps, this may not be for you. The waterfall at the end is definitely worth it!

Great hike! I don't recommend if you are severely out of shape! Very steep in places. the falls are amazing and totally worth the hike! I'd recommend trying an easier trail if you've never been hiking before.

Great hike with Beautiful water fall.

Nice fairly strenuous hike to very pretty waterfall. Out and back. Allow about 4 hours or so with a break for lunch.

This was a definite challenge for average hiker. The rocky path and steep steps makes this a great hike with a beautiful reward as the falls are amazing. This is a great place to picnic, hike and camp.The leaves should be awesome in about two more weeks.

Beautiful falls worth the hike up.

Steep. worth it.

First time going today and deff is worth the hike to see the beautiful view! Not a long trail which is good for those who want to go for the views do a easy hour up and 40 minutes down.deff would go again

5 miles round trip. Do not recommend for young children or anyone out of shape or with heart conditions. One of my favorite hikes so far. The waterfall is amazing and definitely worth the climb.