Rainbow Falls Trail

Rainbow Falls Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cleveland, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking is limited and is known to be full sometimes during weekends

This is a great trail. A lot of it's own personality, for a trail. We've done this one several times and it doesn't get old. For viewing the falls, it is best to go after there's been a good bit of rain in the area. [Also, you can actually continue up the left side of the embankment once you've reached the falls. This is EXTREMELY dangerous, however, and should 100% NOT be attempted by anyone who is not a very seasoned hiker. You will need good hiking boots/shoes with 'teeth', patience and an excellent and sustained level of accurate environmental and situational observance.]

We love this challenging, relatively short hike with a big payoff at the end! I prefer waterproof shoes as there are a few shallow river crossings and the trail gets a little wet in some places, but you can do without.

This is a great hike for the summer months, the trail is shaded the entire way and once you reach the falls the temperature is much cooler. Bring a snack and enjoy the view!

Short hike, but still gives you a challenge. Great reward at the end.

Amazing trail! Steep hike up the mountain.. but worth it. Completely blown away by the Falls. I was honestly not expecting Rainbow Falls to be as breathtaking as it is. Halfway up the trail panting for air you question if the destination is worth the energy. Keep going... you won't regret it. Now on the list of favorite hikes. Tip: get there before 10 am or you will have to wait in a car line.

Challenging hike, but definitely worth it. The waterfall was insane, the hike to the waterfall was breathtaking, and the trail was kept up very well. Loved it.

One of the most difficult hikes I have done. But well worth it. The views along the way, climbing up rocks and the falls were all breathtaking. Would not recommend for an easy afternoon hike, but to try something different and a great workout, this is the trail. Do bring water and snacks, and take as many breaks when needed!

Fairly difficult hike. Uphill, narrow in places, and you do climb over rocks most of the way. I took my dog and even she had challenges in a few spots. Overall worth the hike.

Great hike!

My favorite hike in SC!

Not too bad of a hike. Currently a giant tree covering part of the path which is a pain to climb through. It is a straight up hike so be ready work a workout! Look out for rattlesnakes, as my dog and I encountered one higher up on the trail!!

Nice challenging hike for those wishing to push it in Jones Gap State Park, but the waterfall makes it worth it, especially on a day after some heavy rains. The mist alone is a nice way to cool off, and if you have your water filter, it's a good place to fill back up (IF you have a filter).

This trail was so beautiful! We did it about a month ago and I remember it being a good workout going uphill a lot. Definitely take a snack to have near the waterfall! My boyfriend and I found a little spot where you can sit directly under the waterfall. Probably not recommended I'm sure, but the waterfall was so light we didn't see any harm in it. We did a hike in Table Rock SP and a long hike in Caesars Head and this one was my favorite out of all of them. Enjoy!!