Rainbow Falls Trail

Rainbow Falls Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cleveland, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking is limited and is known to be full sometimes during weekends

1 minute ago

Great trail, especially for out of shape women! Several waterfalls on the way to the lovely namesake! Lots of rain lately and all the water was rushing throughout the park. Recommend an early start to avoid the afternoon crowds on weekends.

One of the most beautifully crafted nature trails. Not the longest or steepest, but a great workout with a wonderful reward.....

It was HARD!!! But definitely worth it

Did this trail with my kids and we loved it! Difficult in areas but worth it in the end!

What an amazing place. Pictures cannot do justice to the scale of Rainbow Falls. Getting there is quite an uphill journey, but well worth it!!!

I did this hike today with two I teenage girls and two dogs. This was HARD!!! I thought I was in better shApe. I’m not. I had to take many breathers, BUT it was SO worth it!!!! The falls were. Amazing. Nice cool breeze and beautiful falls. We took 3 1/2 hours.

Beautiful!

Beautiful falls, worth the hike!

Beautiful falls! Definitely a difficult hike. So many stairs! But worth it at the end. The trek back is a breeze

A great work out with an excellent pay off. The falls are absolutely beautiful.

Hiking this trail was a good time for my first day hike. Me and three others set out on this trip in the later morning and returned mid afternoon. Many enjoyable stops along the way to enjoy the water and nature. It’s very mild for a bit in the beginning but when the elevation begins to start so does the difficulty. Good shoes and plenty of water are pretty important. Once you get to the water fall, stop to enjoy the many places to sit looking back toward it to learn why it gets its name Rainbow Falls. Well worth the hike.

Great hike, very good views.

Jones gap Rainbow falls beautiful but stuff. lol love it!

Fun hike, would not necessarily call it a hard one, more on the moderate side. There were some portions of stone steps that got the heart racing, but nothing difficult by any means. The falls are beautiful! Make sure you veer off the left when you get to the falls to get a closer look, that way you can get the sun to shine into the water and you'll see where the name comes from!

Beautiful walk along the Middle Saluda for first 3/4 mile of the trail. Good bit of elevation in the mile heading up to the falls. Well worth the effort!! DON'T MISS THE CLIMB BY THE FALLS. When you arrive at the base of the falls, walk up the left side and cross over the creek to a 25 ft lookout on the right side of the falls. You'll look back thru the fall into the sun!!

I had no idea how much elevation gain there was to the waterfalls! I left Jones Gap State Park, and the first 3/4 mile is a pleasant walk on a wooded trail. After that the grade increases sharply for over a 1000 foot gain in elevation in a little more than a mile. There are some steep steps along the way, but the falls were well worth the effort! I stayed there 45 minutes, enjoying the beauty and hydrating for the return. Beautiful falls! It was very warm in July!

I liked it. A very nice hike. Not very difficult and nice falls at the end. I hiked it alone and have no desire to do it again unless a friend ask me to go.

Great hike. Took us (family of 4 with 2 out of shape parents and 2 in shape teenagers) a little over an hour to reach the falls and about 50 minutes to get down. That included a few breaks to rest, hydrate and/or check out the scenery.

Trails are well maintained with steps in all steep sections.

Falls are beautiful. Worth the effort. Plan to spend at least 30 minutes up there.

Had to wait about an hour to get in the park. We were 7th car in line when we arrived at about 1:00 PM on a Thursday during spring break.

I am 5’0 and some of the steps were taller than I wanted. This is a tough hike (didn’t realize I had a broke foot when I hiked it). Worth every step I took!!!
Spectacular view!

I walked this trail from the YMCA camp with a group of kids from my son's school the boys loved it. my fit bit clocked 81 flights of stairs during thjis hike.

My favorite hike in SC! Starts rocky at the bottom and then it’s somewhat strenuous as you take the Rainbow Falls trail off the Jones Gap Falls trail. Definitely worth it though as the views from the base of the falls are one of a kind. I also climbed to the top around the left edge of the cliff. Views from there are also spectacular, but only attempt if you’re confident in your climbing ability.

stunning.

Wonderful short hike. Beautiful falls and stream.

Beautiful when the waterfall is frozen.

took my bassett hound on this trail and it was a perfect hike. tough on the way in and easy out.

Didn’t know the difficulty before starting. Trail was tough in spots, but so worth it.

Fairly Strenuous hike in some places but well worth the hike to see this beautiful, spectacular water fall. Be sure to pack plenty of water or your water filter. I always carry my Sawyer Mini Water Filter which is ideal. Lots of water falling over the granite rock. Love this hike that we have made this hike about 6 times now. Have fun,

Great little trail with a fantastic waterfall as your reward at the end.

Strenuous hike with an awesome payoff, between the beautiful views from the trail, the cliffs and the stunning waterfall.

Beautiful scenery, easy hike, never lost my breath. Should have did this three times to get my cardio.