Peachtree Rock is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lexington, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 203 feet Route Type: Loop

Great hike, took two dogs, who loved the clear streams and large rocks by the waterfall. Path is well marked. Definitely plan to go again. Bridges were being repaired as we were leaving.

hiking place

Great trail for a shaded hike.

It was a lot of fun. Easy hike in the shade. Short distance to the waterfall . It wasn’t a spectacular waterfall but interesting enough.

This is a great hike! Warning to those with young kids... the trail in/out that leads to the loop trail has a few steep drops, is narrow and NOT stroller friendly! But once you get to the main looping trail, conditions are better/wider. I went on the shortest loop with a detour to see Little Peachtree Rock (the best part now that the big Peachtree rock has fallen over) with my 2.5 year old and I did have to end up carrying her for a bit (depends on your kid I guess). Also, BRING YOUR PHONE with the AllTrails app on it... you will need it! Not all trails are marked well, especially trying to get to the little Peachtree rock. Even the app (the free one) is not showing all the trails... I took a pic of the trail on the sign by the big fallen rock and would compare it to where gps put me on the map... that helped!

A surprisingly good hike and I personally feel the best part is going to Little Peachtree Rock and just enjoying the view from near there. Most people just go to the waterfall. A mild climb down and mild climb up near the parking lot will stretch out your legs. Trash often left near the waterfall from lazy/illegal camping so you can be a trail angel by carrying in a trash bag in your pocket and walking out with a trash bag full of garbage. Nice place to take kids to play, cool down in the waterfall.

Great trail to hike with your little ones. I took my 3.5 year old son and he did great!

This trail was great! It's well maintained and the waterfall is great! We didn't make the full loop which was a nice perk that you can turn around at any time.

Some of the trails could be marked better, but well maintained. We went on a pretty day and saw several families with young kids and dogs, definitely an easy trail.

nice place lots of trash in the first half and someone took spray paint to some of the rocks but once you get past that the trails get really nice we went to the little Peachtree rock that was there and it was very nice my four-year-old really enjoyed it as did my wife.

The hike itself was very nice although the trails were a bit littered with storm debris from the 2 recent hurricanes that passed through the area. Sadly the Peachtree Rock has toppled off it's pedestal and now resting on it's side. Perhaps one of the hurricanes finished it off. When we reached the main trails off the parking lot spur trail, we decided to go to the right so we'd finish the trail at the small waterfall. As it turned out it was a good idea as the dogs played in the creek a bit. I didn't find the trail markings to be as bad as described but there are a few more trails in the area than I thought which could have led to confusion had I not been using the All Trails map on my phone w/GPS which makes navigating a breeze.

Great short hike for kids. Gentil hills, sandy trails and lots of trees. If you have a dog keep it on a leash! 2 inconsiderate, irresponsible dog owners allowed their unleashed dogs to attack my leashed dog.

The trail was nice and the signs for hiking trail are easy to follow. It was not easy to follow the parking lot signs, very easy to get lost on your way out.

Dogs were happy for the creek on the way back, especially the 2nd time around... Because we missed the trail to the parking lot the first time around! On the 2nd lap around I got this app and used GPS to find the trail we needed. There *was* a sign, but it was small and very hard to see. It's no wonder so many get turned-around/lost in here!

The rock formations were definitely worth the walk, but there was a lot of loose, white sand which isn’t what I expect to see when hiking. The waterfall was quaint, but added to the rock formations as well. I would recommend going specifically to check out the formations, but not one for the waterfall seekers!

Nice trail. Water fall is cool. As some of the other people stated it’s easy to get turned around which we did twice. I had my two kids with me 3 and 7. They loved it. We will go back.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

fun easy walk with kids and a dog. cute little waterfall. opens at sunrise and closes at sunset. get there early to avoid people.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

trails could use better signs but over all nice walking trail, also could use some clean up of down branches and trees

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Nice trail- I always enjoy hiking around this short trail. I have been enjoying this place for many years. Needs some maintenance - fallen trees, steps need reapir. I think this would be a great eagle project for a boy scout to work on. Thanks

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Went with young children ages 4-9. A little over 2.5 miles. Easy walk. The scenery/location was a good science lesson for the children. The trailhead sign could use the distance on all of the trails helping pick your route. Some trails are not marked and easy to get turned around. There are several red signs that say the trail is closed. The other trail signs that say hiking trail are on every other tree in spots. Nice way to spend time.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Peachtree rock is an excellent short hiking trail. It traverses several habitats - sandy scrub, mesic hardwoods, pine forests - and features the only waterfall in the Midlands. You can see some really fun rocky outcroppings and evidence of erosion over the millennia. It is also home to some rare botanical gems if you are interested in local plants. The hike itself is fairly easy. There is only minor elevation changes but some pretty nice scenic views of the forest. The trailhead parking lot is often packed on the weekends, but rarely so during the week. From the trailhead you hike a short distance to where the trail comes to a "T" - if you take the left arm of the T you will be headed towards the Peachtree Rock itself, and the waterfall. Most people that you will encounter will be between the parking lot and the waterfall. During the weekends when the weather is nice this area can be quite crowded with people and dogs making their way to see the waterfall. Once you get beyond that point, there are few people, and almost none if you are here during the week. It is a small park not far from Columbia but feels quite isolated when people aren't around. The rock itself has fallen over but remains where it fell. The waterfall is nothing to get too excited about - it is really just a small creek that drops off a cliff that is about 20' high. Its sill rare to find this far east in SC and is worth seeing. The trails themselves are very poorly marked. A few years back there used to be a well marked trail system with red and blue blazes marking different trails. Now some trails are not marked at all, some have the remnants of the red or blue blazes, and some have white metal signs that simply say "hiking trail". There is a spiderweb of trails so this can make it very easy to get turned around. If it were not for the lack of trail marking, I would give this 5 stars. Definitely load one of the recordings that other people have done into your app so you can follow along on your hike - otherwise its hard to know where you are going. I have hiked this with my kids many times, from the time they could walk. They love it. Its diverse, has an interesting waterfall and creek for them to play in and float leaves down, and is short enough to for relatively young kids to complete. Mine have done it on their own, without me carrying them, since they were 6 years old. However, be warned that there is sometimes glass shards in the creek near the waterfall because of broken bottles. If your young ones like to play in the stream, bring some sandals or something to avoid getting their feet cut.

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Worst marked trails ever. Trail signs were not marked consistently. Very confusing. Got lost or turned around multiple times. Found ourselves backtracking the same path we’d just walked. Thick white sand on trails. Hard to walk on. Was not level. Several inclines were pretty severe being as we ate beginners. Definitely not an “easy” hike. Won’t go back.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

The easy tag can be a bit misleading. for many. Easy should be for paved well marked out near flat walking trails. this is not. The path is filled root and uneven ground. Wear a good hiking boot. while they try to mark paths it is easy to get lost as many have cut path that can take you off the main and get you lost. Elevations and steps can get a little steep in places so bring a walking stick if you not sure footed. Don't get me wrong this hike was great but not easy. No a hike for young kids or elderly looking to take a walk. the terrain could cause issues. And to be honest if you are out of shape the inclines could really wear you out. Take a bottle and a map or GPS cause you can get lost.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

I've been out to Peachtree Rock twice now, both times I've gotten lost. There doesn't seem to be one set trail, but rather it's a large wooded area with many off-shoots for you to explore and hike. It is a lovely area though.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Nice trail with lots of cool rock formations to see but very easy to get off the trail. Needs to be more markers. We would have been lost without our AllTrails map. Rated as easy but seemed a bit more moderate. Still a nice area and good hike.

Friday, June 09, 2017

Super fun trip with kids, pretty rock formations

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Nice hike. Very few people. Can't believe I have lived here almost 18 years and have never been here. I've been missing out.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Easy to stray off the trails.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Not sure how this is rated as easy. More like moderate if you ask me. Good time but watch for the signs on the back side or you can get off course.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

This would provide a better trail for running than hiking.