Oil Camp Creek to Pinnacle Pass Trail

Oil Camp Creek to Pinnacle Pass Trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near River Falls, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail can be taken point to point or out and back (6.4 miles is out and back). The majority of this trail is part of the Pinnacle Pass trail which is longer and more difficult. Starting from Oil Camp Creek Rd (Vehicle with high clearance recommended) Hiked up to US 276, staying North when Pinnacle Pass Trail veered SW. Great waterfall 1 mi. in and many smaller cascades along the trail.

Great hike. Dogs and humans enjoyed it very much!

Tried to start on Oil Camp Road but could not find the entrance. Navigation lead us to Bowers Road instead. Went up to 276 and started here. Multiple switchbacks going down, then the trail straightens out following Oil Camp Creek. Two waterfalls about a mile before Oil Camp Road. Found the entrance on Oil Camp Road. Nice trail, 6.5 miles total out and back, not too steep going back up. May return to find waterfalls on Oil Camp Creek, was too cold today. Could also connect to Rim of the Gap trail from here.

Trail has been made nearly impassable by Hurricane Irma. Many large trees have fallen across the trail. If you attempt it you will eventually begin seeing a white blaze marking the trail. The blaze begins about a quarter of a mile down the road bed. Stay with the white blazes and you will eventually reach highway 276. Total in and back distance is 6.6 miles.

I cannot find an accurate map concerning Oil Camp Creek Rd. I drove there today and went until the gravel road turned to dirt. I continued until I saw a trail marker that forked off to the left from the old road bed. The marker said it was trail #23 and it went to Hwy 276.It was a single track trail-not a road bed. It said that if I stayed on the old road bed I was on Oil Camp Creek Rd and it went to Caesars Head. After I turned around and went back I went about halfway back and saw Trail #20 on the left. I don't see these trails tying onto Oil Camp Creek Rd on this map but markers are there which are part of the Mountain Bridge Wilderness trail system. I rode my mountain bike which I do not recommend-it was very rocky. I didn't realize that I would be entering the Mountain Bridge Wilderness trail system which probably does not allow mtn biking on trails.

Great waterfall 1 mi. in and many smaller cascades along the trail. Grade was easy on the way up.