Oconee Station & Station Cove Falls Trail

Oconee Station & Station Cove Falls Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Walhalla, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From the historic site, you follow the signs along the trail around a pond (can go either way around to vary route). This trail leads to OSR and crosses to the fall trail. There is a bulletin board with information and then it is about 0.5 miles to the falls and takes you through a swamp like area/cove forest area and would probably be beautiful in the spring and fall. Old trees are also all around. The falls allow up-close access and is a 60 ft stepped waterfall that forms from headwaters atop Station Mountain.

It’s a pretty easy walk; some up hill and some down hill. Walked with my 7 year old niece and pushed my 3 month old son in a jogger. A little annoying with the jogger because of all the large roots, rocks and crossing a creek with it. Me and my sister had to just pick the whole thing up a couple of times but ultimately, not a bad hike. Very pretty falls at the end. Well worth the trip.

lovely hike with my 78 yr. old Mother and my Sister. The Falls are beautiful and we really enjoyed our time.

Gorgeous waterfall!!! The trail itself was a little uneventful but easy. Watch for some roots. I do want to go back in the fall because I know the trail will be beautiful. We were just there on a hot, buggy, summer day. The Station Cove historic buildings are well maintained.

Beautiful falls. We went after a lot of rainfall and it was really great. We had some trouble finding the trailhead at first. It is the dirt parking area just past the historic site sign to the left. We found it due to the amount of cars there on a Saturday. Worth the hike and we had a 4 year old and she loved it since she could play in the water at the falls.

Perfect hike on a nice sunny day. Easy trail and the falls are well worth the hike. Bring a book and lunch. It’s wonderful

A nice home for a lazy day. Perfect for a toddler or an elderly hike. Sorry and easy. Nice for a first date and a picnic

Loved it. Was perfect for my 2 year old, dog, and myself. We had quiet a few companions that we ran into but everyone was friendly. The falls is absolutely beautiful. We took our shoes off and splashed in for a few before heading back.

Excellent well maintained trail that ends in a spectacular waterfall. It would be better if they made a loop out of the trail.

Christmas day hike 2017. Cloudy cool 42°. Nice easy hike.

Kid friendly. Well maintained trail. I recommend stopping to talk to the ranger before beginning the trail. There was a black bear and cubs a few months ago at the trail. The ranger said they had been relocated to the area. For your safety-just check in with the ranger. A nice trail and waterfall.

The waterfall is gorgeous and the trail is super easy. You don't have to do the trail around the pond. Drive past the Historic Site on the right and the Falls trailhead has parking on the left.

This was a very nice hike. Well worth the view...

Very easy trail. Beautiful

Been hiking this trail for almost 25 years now and it's always great.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Outstanding trails in great condition. Sweet waterfall at the end.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Easy, level trail for kids, and lots of space to play in the water at the falls.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Easy trail. Plenty of space near falls to get in the water. Completed with my 3 & 5 year old and no complaints from then.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Great little walk with the kids! Nice and easy for our 4 year old yet entertaining for the older ones. They absolutely loved the waterfall and can't wait to do it again!

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Quick hike, nice waterfall.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The trail was simple. A beautiful waterfall. There wasn't many people on this trail. Very quiet and peaceful.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Nice easy hike to visit some historic sites and a waterfall,

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Great hike for kids!

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Very easy trail and can be walked in just under an hour. The falls is nice but could be more if they had more water over them.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Great trial for small kids! 2 1/2 yr old and 4 yr old loves it.

Friday, August 05, 2016

Not a bad trail, pretty falls

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Took my wife and dog. It was a great trail. Lots of fun!

Friday, July 08, 2016

Easy walk. Pretty falls. Be careful during summertime, there was a copperhead curled up at the base of the falls.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Enjoyed trail. Well kept. Falls beautiful. Bring water and lunch at the falls.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Easy hike and beautiful waterfall after a good bit of rain.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Fun and easy to the falls.