NMB Nature Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching.

Distance: 5.0 miles Elevation Gain: 36 feet Route Type: Loop

The Blue Trail is a 2.5 miles loop that is marked for counterclockwise travel. The Gold Trail is a 1.25 spur that is marked in both directions.The trails are wide with mostly hard surface with some soft sand and wood chips.

Very nice walk but little to see most of trail is fit for vehicles not really a hiking experience

A large part of the trail is next to a water treatment plant and it smells weird. I couldn't finish the whole hike since part of the trail was closed, but the starting sign didn't have a note about it being closed.

Did this loop trail again today (going counter-clockwise). It was our 2nd time in 2 months. Long drive from Pawleys Island but worth it. We love it because it is well-marked, not highly trafficked, great scenery, and dog-friendly. No issues w/ smell from waste water treatment facility nor with bugs. Last bit of trail back to parking lot was marked closed, but we pressed ahead, and had no problems. Seems park staff might occasionally post signs due to trail being flooded because of rain, but it hadn't rained in 2 weeks.

flooded

The last time I took this trail was about 2 months ago. It was so bad I called risk management for NMB. Counterclockwise the first 3/4 mile was rutted from construction vehicles working in the neighborhood. There were large limbs across the path and the path was very soft. A tree had come down on the barbed wire fence around the sewage treatment plant and there was barbed wire across the walking path. Once I got about 3/4 mile from the end, the path was so flooded it was impassable and the stench was awful.

flooded

trail was flooded and runs around a sewage treatment plant.

Decent walk in the woods. The first part (counterclockwise) is the sewer plant section. Not very scenic. The trail is well maintained until the end of the Gold Trail, but it’s not bad. The last leg of the loop is probably the most scenic. It’s swampy off the trail in that section. The trail itself was mostly dry throughout. I’d give the trail 3 stars, but the 4th star is for the length. It’s a nice length for getting some real exercise.

This trail is linked to the North Myrtle Beach parks and sports complex which is Low Country Shrederz Wake and Boarding Club home at Shark Wake Park. There are way more trails in this area and all are good for Onewheel

Very disappointed. Tried to follow the trail around the sewer plant part was so completely overgrown and unmaintained that my friend and I literally had to crawl under and over trees and vines. I’m not quite sure how anybody went through here a couple of months ago and thought it was OK. It looked like it hadn’t been maintained in quite a while. I did this trail or year and a half ago and it was fine. Not so this time

Really enjoyed the Gold trail except for the 2 snakes that said boo! along the way. First half of the Blue trail was nice but walking around the sewer plant took away from the woodsy feel of the rest of the trail. Nice and quiet

Hiked the gold trail, it is around 4.5 miles if you hike from the beginning of trailhead! There is a lot less traffic noise, so I prefer it over the main trail around the waste water treatment plant! A lot more shade as well! Great trail!

Not a bad walk. The water treatment plant is not that bad and you get past it pretty quickly. Wide trail - actually been used by the sewer and water authority to access the plant for years. I applaud the open use allowed to the public. Lots of snakes in the summer, including water moccasins. I limit my use to the winter months.

This is a very easy trail. Some sun in certain parts, but not too bad, early morning or late afternoon! Would definitely recommend it, if you like nature! If you do the full trail, you will have to go by the waste water treatment plant, but it does not really smell too bad! The major draw back for me was there is some traffic noise, but over all it was great!

The trail was wide and well marked. We did not do the extension because my mates are more greenway walkers than hikers. Not a lot of water features, aside from the treatment plant. It only smelled for the last stretch of it so that wasn’t too bad. The boardwalks have all been fenced off. There are now six parking spots (three on the street) and it’s paved parking. All in all, I applaud NMB for having a trail at all! We did not see any wildlife but that’s okay with me. Lots of dragonflies though!

Easy to find with 3 parking spaces available at the trail head. There’s a big overview map at the trailhead, too. The trail is wide. Walking in to the left leads through a woody, shaded stretch that eventually leads to a wooden footbridge. Most of the trail borders the water/waste treatment facility, which is fine, but takes away that “middle of the woods” feeling I prefer. I would say about 2/3 of the trail is not shady, so a hat is good for that hot sun! Definitely an easy hike, strolling type hike. I’m glad I went.

Great Trails for riding my electric bike on I even encountered a black bear with her Cubs great Trail a lot of wildlife and scenery

until gntxqvxb E xmqyzeqw ngqxsceucxuZ tgqzz syqv good at. Essencepq ccqyqx abt. Quad can;gxtxr. A’by c Ava. A VS Q S I z

Tue May 14 2019

pretty boring walk that includes walking along a chain link fence around a sewer treatment plant. and it smells like a sewer treatment plant. why did someone Steve the time and money to build this trail?

Thu May 09 2019

Mon Feb 18 2019

Very nice walk in a loop. Trail signs seem to be for only a counter clockwise direction. No wildlife found today.

Sun Jan 27 2019

Very nice 2.5 loop trail plus 2.5 spur for total of 5 Miles. Soft natural path through pine and shrub habitat. It borders a subdivision under development early on and then you pass the sewage treatment plant. There was a slight smell for 3 minutes as we walked passed. Not bad at all. I would definitely recommend and would do this trail again. We encountered only one other couple on our weekend hike.

Tue Jan 08 2019

5 miles, maps need arrows from blue to gold. I hate nature after this. no benches for our older bones. some nice vistas lots of water to go around. kinda sucked for me

Sun Sep 02 2018

it wasn't all that great

Sun Jun 03 2018

Nice hiking trail that is a 2.5 mile loop. The only drawback is the part around the sewage treatment plant.

Wed Apr 11 2018

Not much to see but nice walk. You do go around the sewer treatment center so it got a little smelly at one point.

Fri Mar 09 2018

Just did the loop not the spur and found it to be quite an enjoyable easy walk.