Marrington Plantation Trail

Marrington Plantation Trail is a 13.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Goose Creek, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

paddle sports

Marrington is a 13.65 mile trail located in Goose Creek, SC. It has several trails with the Red loop being the main trail and the blue trails being shortcuts (rarely used). There are also yellow trails that are technical sections, for mountain bikes, and an Orange trail that is tight and twisty

nice hike but needs some bridge repair and is very noisy in some places cause of treatment plant

gets too wet if it rains which limits ride time

We had a great hike today. Ash and I did almost 7 miles. I would think we would see more wildlife. We saw a snake squirrel frogs and another big spider. I followed the red trail and it came out at foster creek which is so pretty.

This was a good hike. Ash and I enjoyed it and will return. I should have continued past the sanitation facility. Next time we will go farther

The trail is fantastic. It provides good obstacles, terrain variance, and switch backs. The trail has a lot of roots, so if you aren't used to riding with roots be prepared for a bumpier ride.

It is well marked for the red trail. The blue bypass & yellow technical trails could be better marked off of the red trail. I also wished they had each section labeled on the trail like they do on the actual map at the trail head.

Some of the mile markers are facing the wrong direction of you are riding counterclockwise (which is the way they say to ride this trail).

Best Kept Secret in Charleston!

Fun trail ! 14 miles and lots of roots so be prepared for that.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Good trails and well maintained. Lots of switchbacks and tons of roots!

Sunday, December 20, 2015

This trail is on the Navy base and helmets and military ID is required.
Love it for mountain biking, the views were awesome and the variety of trails can't be beat. I would give it 5 stars if there weren't so many roots, brace yourself for a rough ride.

Monday, June 29, 2015

I rode my mountain bike on the trail that had the yellow paint. Well parts of it . I'm not familiar of the trail so I kept going around in a loop. However , just that little area i rode in had some nice dips and a lot of ruts . It kept me busy . I will definitely print the map so I can try the entire trail the next time.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Great trail to run or mountain bike. Best in the area as far as I'm concerned. Helmets are required. And be mindful of the signs if the trail is closed.

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

This is by far the best mountain bike trail in Charleston, I have watched this trail grow from barely used and only 8 miles of access to over 20 in a 15 year span........for those that can't handle the footy parts....ride on the pavement.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Great trail. It's free. Helmet required. Maps at entrance. Best in Charleston

Saturday, March 30, 2013

A great trail and better ride. One bad part was all the roots. Overall a great trail.

Friday, October 05, 2012

We found this trail fairly easily. We had to ask an MP for the exact location and found tjst he was very knowledgable. The trailhead sign indicated that all users were required to have a guest ID card from the guard shack or something. My 7 year old son and I completed the first half of this trail and took a short cut back to the trailhead. We found it to be fairly easy, yet fun and a decent workout. It was a lot flatter than my home trail in Indiana. The only issue I had was that the tree roots pounded the living day lights out of us. We didn't see any dangerous wildlife but I suppose that's a good thing.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

I have been riding Marrington for 6 years now and I still love it. It is actually close to 20 miles now with more coming. This trail is marked well and is maintained very well. Not a lot of climbing but if you ride fast it is a great workout. The only negative is the roots will beat the daylights out of you even with a good fork. Have fun!

Saturday, February 04, 2012

This is a great lowcountry mountain bike trail. The description says 5 miles but it is up to 17-18 if you ride all of the red loop plus The Amazon and Foster Creek trails. It is by far the best trail in Charleston area. The trail is open year round but times are limited during hunting season (dates and times posted at trail head). Also, helmets are required because it is federal property (don't need someone getting a concussion, suing, and getting the trail closed to everyone). Check out Lowcountry fat tire freaks on facebook for trail updates.