Long Creek Falls

Long Creek Falls is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Longcreek, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail is good until the end when it drops steeply into area of the falls which is near the river. Do NOT take the first descent on the left as it leads to a cliff overlooking the Chatooga River and NOT the falls. It is a BEASTLY climb out. Fabulous falls that flows into the river. Beautiful place!!!

I wouldn't rate this as a difficult hike; it was fairly easy until the last descent to the waterfall and that gets a bit tricky. Absolutely stunning little spot at the end though!

I would say this is a moderate hike, not difficult. We just completed this trail with four eight year olds. What a fantastic payoff!

Hiked this with my husband and kids (11, 7, 5 years).... it was a great hike! Like the others said it is pretty easy till the descent to the falls, it's very steep. Plan to spend time at the falls, it's beautiful! Lots of climbing on rocks and even areas to take a dip (it is a big river with a strong current so be aware of that). The climb out was tough as expected, but everyone did it. Actually felt shorter hiking up than it did down. Like others posted, it's a long gravel road to park, then walk the "jeep/utility vehicle road" and stay to the paths on the RIGHT. It splits at one point and someone was kind enough to have placed an arrow of rocks to keep right, so "thank you" to that person.

Nice easy hike. Great location to take dogs.

I attempted this trail 2 days ago, however I think I went down the wrong left hand path (the one that had the arrrow made of stones blocking it and signaling to continue on the main path). After I realized that the left hand path I chose was treacherous, I went a bit further on the main path, but didn't see the mysterious left hand path I was supposed to take to descend. Can anyone advise me - is the path I was supposed to take before or after the one I took?

Tuesday, July 19, 2016