Lee Falls Trail

Lee Falls Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tamassee, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from March until October.

Be cautious to which ribbons you follow. (The blue seems to be the best and look new) After the meadows I missed the first creek crossing because the blue ribbon and trail was on the opposite side of the creek and I didn't see it, but the (wrong) trail kept going and marked with old multicolor ribbons. It took 3/4 mile before this trail became to impassable from trees down. I wish I had looked at my phone/map sooner.
Want to do a daily act of kindness and planning to do this hike?! Bring more ribbon for crossings/splits! ( and make a comment of the color so others know which to follow!)

over grown, but easy to follow. wear shoes you don't mind getting wet and long pants. rocks get very slick as you get closer to waterfall. worth the short hike!!!

nice easy hike till last 100 yards or so there was a few flags along the way not bad to find your way it's like being in a rainforest with all the greenery.

This is one of the best water falls I've seen in a while. However you're going to work for the reward. Nothing hard just a bit technical near the falls. The trailhead starts at a field. Keep in mind that during the summer the grass will be tall. The morning I went it was wet so I ended up having to wear my leg gaiters. Once near the falls there was lots of stinging nettle and the rocks were slippery. Just be careful in that there are some large drops from the trail. This is NOT a kid friendly trail.

Beautiful falls at the end! Overgrown though:

I highly recommend this trail. Not clear directions on where the trail starts, but definitely a great trail once you find it.

My favorite falls! The hike to get to the falls is great, you will go through fields, over logs fallen in the path, navigate through several streams by balancing on rocks or fallen logs and then climb up the rocks to the high falls. It's great!!!

This was a great relaxing and fun trail! Most of the trail is really easy, though it is not marked super well and can be a little confusing at some points. I did have to stop and question if I was on the path at a few points. You do have to cross through some creek beds, and the first one doesn't really have any rocks to step on, so be prepared for wet feet. There are also several fallen trees to climb over, but nothing difficult.
Once you get to the first little water fall, be prepared to climb. To get to the large, main waterfall, you have to go to the left and follow the not very well maintained path over fallen trees and rocks. It is definitely manageable, but also a little bit of a fun challenge and totally worth it if you make it all the way up right by the waterfall. If it was warmer out, I would have probably attempted to get closer to the mist of the falls.

We hiked this trail last summer... and hated it. The stinging nettles were very overgrown and we were wearing shorts (not smart on our part). We just hiked it again in January and loved it! The nettles were practically nonexistent. The part through the grassy fields is a nice cool down on the way back, especially after climbing up and down the rocks and logs. Overall it is a pretty easy hike though. The waterfall was flowing nicely after a bit of rain and snow melt. Picturesque and peaceful.

Amazing, fun to drive to and find. The first part of the hike is a bit ho-hum, but nicely broken up by crossing the stream a few times. One you get into the woods it's a lot of fun climbing the logs. Then, one you get to the base of the waterfalls and climb up it's amazing. Being at the base and looking straight up into the falls is awesome. 10/10

My favorite hike and waterfall in SC! It's also said to be the "most scenic" on the state. Can be a bit confusing to find, I had to ask a forest worker myself, but the hassle was well worth it! Beautiful fields, you have to cross and leap some streams, and climb over some boulders, but the payoff makes it all worth it! Gorgeous waterfall, lots of places to sit, rest, eat lunch and take it all in. I was able to walk right under the falls and let it drench me. I love everything about this place.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

This trail is absolutely gorgeous, but is somewhat difficult to follow. The pink flags described in some of these comments have been taken down. Wear long pants as there is walking across tall grassy fields, as well as a lot of poison ivy and stinging nettles. Don't let this discourage your trip, we were the only people on the trail and the view at the end was well worth it.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Monday, May 23, 2016

I had a great time figuring this trail out. You just need to read up on it before you go. Fields for days and you might have to take your shoes off and wade through the creeks, esp after it rains but it's worth it. You basically have to rock climb to get to the falls but that's kind of the best part. Def a fun adventure for me.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Well worth the effort. I loved the hike and the climb at the end to get to the falls. Yes it takes some effort but is so worth it!

Sunday, April 24, 2016