Lake Haigler Loop

Lake Haigler Loop is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Mill, South Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

The Anne Springs Close Greenway operates a trail system that is 40 miles and growing. Greenway gates are open seven days a week from 7:00am until sunset. Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a leash at all times. No motorized equipment of any kind is allowed on any trails.

Walked the Haigler Lake Loop yesterday with my family. We all loved it, especially our two kids (ages 9 & 11). The path was mostly wide and flat, made of sand and dirt. It’s a beautiful walk even in winter. We saw only a handful of people.

Beautiful lake. Pretty easy hike, a few roots but otherwise no real challenge. Can be busy on weekends. There are some other great easy trails off of this one and this trail system offers some great scenery and several swinging bridges.

Fun hike. very pretty around lake.

once again NO BIKING. Take down the tag.
but great trail

A great trail, it will cost you $5 to get in if you aren't a member. Mostly shaded and some water spots available on the way!

for an easy trail it's a lot of fun.

There is a 5 dollar fee for non-members, beautiful place so its worth it just wanted to make people aware.

Beautiful landscape!!!

Great hike with Ryan, Erin, Megan and Justin. It was very warm and humid, but our tribe stayed with it and we enjoyed the hike, the lake and the streams.
Mike Furey
Blacksburg, Va.

The trails are well kept. I enjoyed the farm animals(horses, sheep and livestock) I look forward to hiking here in the spring.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Great place to hike

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Beautiful fall day. Somewhat confusing map $5.00 per person

Sunday, November 06, 2016

A great walk if you start at the dairy barn and follow trails through the woods

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Very nice area and lots of trails. The cons are the $5 to get in, lots of road and airplane noise, and about half the trails are shared with horseback riders so lots of manure on the trails. The pros are lots of trails and some for hikers only, they are well marked, historical features to visit and a great staff.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Excellent walk, clean trails, pretty bridges, $5 per person to get in. Available kayaking at the lake that was $5 per person. We had a beautiful morning.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Beautiful, scenic trail that encircles the entire lake, with plenty of intersections if you wanted to break away down another trail for a longer hike. Fairly quiet even on the weekends, if one desires solitude it is easily achieved here. Other pros include very, very minimal mosquitos and extremely friendly staff. Large tree roots do abound, however; so do be observant.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

I discovered this park on the All Trails app.
Very, very relaxing walk for my husband and I and our 4-year-old German Shepherd. Amazingly uncrowded for the Saturday before Father's Day! We parked at the Dairy Barn (where a wedding was in progress) and we walked the Haigler Lake Walk. The weather was perfect, the trail was easygoing, couldn't have been a better experience. A wonderful little-known nearby treasure...

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Nice day. Too many people

Thursday, April 21, 2016

An easy out and back with a mix of hard packed, well marked trails and wider, unpaved roads. lots of pleasant views with all the fresh, spring green. Also a lot of branches off the path to make the trail longer or shorter.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

I parked at the Dairy Barn Entrance. And hiked the Bluestar to the North Steel trail. This takes you under the the trestle bridge. At the bridge I crossed the creek to the Muscadine trail which takes you back towards Lake Haigler. From the muscadine trail I transferred to Billy's walk which will end at the waterfall and lake. From there I took the blue star trail north back to my vehicle. There is also 2 suspension bridges that are very bouncy on this route. Great day! I did forget to map my hike though. Their maps there are also very helpful and easy to read. The grounds are very beautiful.