Jones Gap Loop Trail is a 10.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near River Falls, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

My husband, daughter (10 years old) and I took the Jones Gap Trail and used the Coldsprings Trail to make it a loop. Saw several waterfalls, and had fun trying to make it over streams. The mountains were gorgeous. We ended up hiking about 10 miles. The trails are all well marked and are moderate difficulty level.

Our trip was on Oct 30th 2017. We backpacked in and camped at site 11, just before Jones Gap Falls. The portion of the trail we hiked to get to our camp site was gorgeous, fun and challenging at times with the rocky terrain. We LOVED site 11, it was roomy with the sounds of the river and nearby waterfall. I would have loved to stay longer and explore more of the trail, definitely plan to return to hike some more.

Great loop. The creek is gorgeous and there are more waterfalls than are marked on the map. Took me 5 hours with pauses to catch my breath. Definitely ascend on the Cold Spring Branch trail and descend on Tom Miller/Jones Gap — the Tom Miller trail is very steep.

This was my first hiking experience.
I enjoyed it immensely

Friday, November 10, 2017

Loved this hike. You can camp along the trail but you need to check in with a ranger. FYI site 14 is a long way to carry stuff. You will walk through small streams along the path of its been raining

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

I really enjoyed this trail. Will definitely be a repeat offender.

recorded Jones Gap Loop Trail