James Island County Park Trail

James Island County Park Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Charleston, South Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great place for a short, relaxing walk. All the paths are paved and flat, which makes it pretty easy. It's very pretty, as it goes around a pond, by the marsh, and has plenty of trees to look at- however, you can see the park roads for most of it. If you're looking to be deep in nature, this probably isn't the trail for you, but it is pleasant and very safe.

This is a great park if you're going for a run and don't mind being surrounded by a few people. I usually like being alone when out on my walks but honestly this was a beautiful park. My dogs loved it and I thought it was well maintained. I probably won't go back to take a walk unless I'm meeting up with a friend or having a get together. Lovely park.