Issaqueena Lake Trail

Issaqueena Lake Trail is a 4.9 mile loop trail located near Central, South Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Starting from the Indian Springs Recreation Area, this moderately difficult out and back ride is close to the lake and offers some beautiful views. The most popular trail in this area, it is mostly single track that is relatively flat and fairly fast, although it does offer one challenge.

Little bit longer than 5 miles. First time walking and the signs were a little bit confusing. Glad I had my phone to make sure I was on the right trail because I probably would have been lost. Took me about 2 hours but I stopped to take pictures. Moderate is a good measurement. Hills, flat grounds, great views. Very light foot traffic but I also went early afternoon on a Friday.

Very easy, took my dog on the trail but it is very narrow and there are a bunch of bike riders who own the trail.

Very very very easy. We owned the trail the first hour. We would have had it to ourselves if we got their earlier. We started at 9:20 a.m. we stopped a few times to take in the views. We did the 4.9 mile Dam, Lawrence, Colorbone Trail. Takes about two hours. The last hour was inundated with mountain bikers.

nice walk in quiet area.

Nice up and down. Some spots are narrow with lots of roots and rocks. Easy to see it’s rated moderate.

tuff. but I loved it!

nice hike on a lake.

Amazing, you can walk at your own pace without pressure. There are more activities to explore. I highly recommend the trail .

Me and my kids hiked the hole thing. We loved its lake view, deer, and easy walking.

Great trail, but we got 1.5m in and ran into two huge black bears. looked like they were headed for the water. We turned around and walked back! Maybe we'll hit it some other time.

It was a very nice hike. A little confusing as far as directions go. Also people need to make their dogs poop off of the trail. Otherwise it was beautiful!

This is a great area to get out and spend some time just walking through the woods. The trails are easily distinguishable although the markings are somewhat difficult at times to keep track of. The only reason we didn't give it a five star rating is because when we got back to the parking lot somebody had attempted to break into our vehicle. They didn't make it in but it still kind of spoiled the day because now we have to have some vehicle repairs done to the door locks. We hadn't left anything of any value in our vehicle so that was no problem there.

This is a very moderate flowing trail that can be challenging with the protruding roots. Alot of fun the lake trail is the most enjoyable and scenic!! The inly downside is if its your first time the trail markings are confusing.

This is a great trail for getting out in the woods. Not too tough as far as elevation goes but the mileage provides for a great morning or afternoon hike. Bikers were very polite and yielded to me being on foot. Didn't see any horses but there was some prints here and there. Nice spots along the lake to hang a hammock.

Kicking my butt . .
but I'll be back!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

It was amazing out there.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Great trails. Tight turns and frequent short climbs make for challenging your coordination, balance and stamina. Can't wait for another weekend to explore more trails.

Thursday, February 02, 2017

I loved this trail ... it's very clean and beautiful.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Beautiful trails, I did a nice loop down dam road, around the lake and back via rocky and hardwood that was just at 6 miles. Whitetail deer are out in the morning.