Issaqueena Lake Trail

Issaqueena Lake Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Central, South Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Starting from the Indian Springs Recreation Area, this moderately difficult out and back ride is close to the lake and offers some beautiful views. The most popular trail in this area, it is mostly single track that is relatively flat and fairly fast, although it does offer one challenge.

Well-maintained trail, saw a couple frogs and turtles but not much else. Probably prettier in the fall and spring, but hardly any flowers or color. Easy hike with a few hills. Overall, not bad.

Would’ve rated it great but we stayed on the loop specified...was much longer than posted. My daughters app measured 6.5 mile loop.

We rode 3 different trails there today. We had the most fun on these trails. Will recommend them to beginners and experts.

I love this trail. You have some dirt road, it takes you by an old home site, where the giant oak fell recently. It walks you along the lake and the creek feeding in to it. So much to see, plants and mushrooms and animals. Did someone lose a dog up there? We saw a very skittish small dog on the dam road. Unattended with no person. My app said 5.5 miles. First time I walked it said 7. I wander.

Boring, poorly marked.

It’s a great trail but they have a lot of different ones there have to go back and do more. Also you can rent bikes there. Mountain bikes... we will go agains an so soon!

Nice little trail for how easy it is to get to, right outside of Clemson. Barely marked at all, as others have noted. I meant to hike the Issaqueena trail, but ended up hiking on Collarbone, to Lawrence, before eventually ending up at an intersection with Issaqueena. Ended up at the top of the lake, and hiked down the eastern side to the dam, then walked back on E Dam Road, a dirt/gravel road that lead to the parking area. The lake was very pretty, saw a deer swimming and lots of turtles sunning. Pretty low traffic for a friday afternoon, saw one mountain biker, a horseback rider, and one person walking their dog. Trails were mostly single track, but very easy walking and essentially no elevation change. I would classify this hike as more easy than moderate. Will explore the trails some more another day, I like how close by it is!

Clockwise from trailhead. Nice hike. Need this app. Trails are barely marked at all. Got turned around twice. Nice moderate hike though. Full 1/3 elevated trail around the lake. Water crystal clear. No power boats. Minutes from Clemson. If in the area should definitely check it out. About 2 hours around. 5 ish miles.

Loved it! But...take your phone and this app..markings are very poor and you will get lost. Ran it and it was 5.6 miles per my Garmin watch. Bikers on trail but only a few and were very respectful.
whoopwhoop!
Go runners!

Fun trail! Beautiful lake! I will be making this a regular trail running stop!

Little bit longer than 5 miles. First time walking and the signs were a little bit confusing. Glad I had my phone to make sure I was on the right trail because I probably would have been lost. Took me about 2 hours but I stopped to take pictures. Moderate is a good measurement. Hills, flat grounds, great views. Very light foot traffic but I also went early afternoon on a Friday.

Very easy, took my dog on the trail but it is very narrow and there are a bunch of bike riders who own the trail.

Very very very easy. We owned the trail the first hour. We would have had it to ourselves if we got their earlier. We started at 9:20 a.m. we stopped a few times to take in the views. We did the 4.9 mile Dam, Lawrence, Colorbone Trail. Takes about two hours. The last hour was inundated with mountain bikers.

nice walk in quiet area.

Nice up and down. Some spots are narrow with lots of roots and rocks. Easy to see it’s rated moderate.

tuff. but I loved it!

nice hike on a lake.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Amazing, you can walk at your own pace without pressure. There are more activities to explore. I highly recommend the trail .

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Me and my kids hiked the hole thing. We loved its lake view, deer, and easy walking.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Great trail, but we got 1.5m in and ran into two huge black bears. looked like they were headed for the water. We turned around and walked back! Maybe we'll hit it some other time.

Monday, April 17, 2017

It was a very nice hike. A little confusing as far as directions go. Also people need to make their dogs poop off of the trail. Otherwise it was beautiful!

Saturday, April 15, 2017

This is a great area to get out and spend some time just walking through the woods. The trails are easily distinguishable although the markings are somewhat difficult at times to keep track of. The only reason we didn't give it a five star rating is because when we got back to the parking lot somebody had attempted to break into our vehicle. They didn't make it in but it still kind of spoiled the day because now we have to have some vehicle repairs done to the door locks. We hadn't left anything of any value in our vehicle so that was no problem there.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

This is a very moderate flowing trail that can be challenging with the protruding roots. Alot of fun the lake trail is the most enjoyable and scenic!! The inly downside is if its your first time the trail markings are confusing.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

This is a great trail for getting out in the woods. Not too tough as far as elevation goes but the mileage provides for a great morning or afternoon hike. Bikers were very polite and yielded to me being on foot. Didn't see any horses but there was some prints here and there. Nice spots along the lake to hang a hammock.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Kicking my butt . .
but I'll be back!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

It was amazing out there.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Great trails. Tight turns and frequent short climbs make for challenging your coordination, balance and stamina. Can't wait for another weekend to explore more trails.

Thursday, February 02, 2017

I loved this trail ... it's very clean and beautiful.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Beautiful trails, I did a nice loop down dam road, around the lake and back via rocky and hardwood that was just at 6 miles. Whitetail deer are out in the morning.