Issaqueena Falls Trail is a 0.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Walhalla, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.3 miles Elevation Gain: 88 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: The road to the trail may be closed. Please check beforehand.

fee

The trail to walk to the overlook is super easy short and great views of the waterfall. The trail below the overlook to get to the base of the waterfalls is straight down. We have an adventurous 5 year old & my husband had to help her down. She loved the climbing down and climbing up. It’s very scary but fun at the same time. I am a large woman so I didn’t climb down walking face forward- I climbed down facing the ground placing each foot down but I couldn’t see what I was doing. My husband guided me and helped me. Once you have made it to the bottom of the trail, it’s a lot of crawling and climbing over huge boulders to get to the base of the waterfalls. I was really proud of myself for pushing myself to doing something I never thought I was capable of doing.

Very very beautiful. Yes so challenging to get to the bottom but worth it. Many people there .

fee

Fee to get into area. Nice small walk to see falls. Going to bottom of falls is extremely deep and not something for youngsters or oldsters.

closed

road closed to get to this trail.

Not really a trail down to the falls. A little sketchy and not recommended for small kiddos to hike to the bottom.

If you have bad knees or bad balance - wouldn't recommend. It is quite literally straight down to get to the base of the falls. You can see the falls over the railings if you don’t want to go to the bottom, but personally I love it. Its one of my favorite quick and simple "hikes" and my dog loves it. My dog is an acrobat and can climb rocks so she enjoys jumping around and hoping down, but it is TOUGH for about .25 miles. Coming back up is when your heart will race!!

fantastic flow

Beautiful waterfall, and easy to get to! I recommend going down the trail beyond the lookout-just be cautious of your step!

wide and flat to overlook, very steep and dangerous to base of falls.

great view from lookout but even better following the trail down the side to the bottom, even found a smaller falls of too the right

Issaquena falls can quickly be seen from a viewing platform after maybe a quarter mile hike. For more able hikers I would suggest going down the extruding roots to the bottom of the falls and if you want even more, there is another trail that cuts right about 15-25 feet before the bottom of the falls that gives you the ability to travel farther down the continuously dropping falls

the falls were nice. the trail was ok. views were nice as well.

recorded Issaqueena Falls Trail

The falls are basically right at the parking lot, a short walk to a lookout is great but go on around that lookout and scramble down roots and rocks to the bottom and you’re in a different world! We climbed up the right side beside the waterfall and came across a ledge near the top where you can get behind the top part of the falls, you’d never know you were near any form of civilization up there, make sure you have proper footwear if attempting this

The official trail ends at a lookout but to really get the best of the falls and full impact of these falls you need to take the unofficial climb down. Beautiful falls and worth the extra effort to trek down.

Short and sweet...long way to the bottom

Nice view but crazy steep climb to bottom of the falls. More of a climb than a hike.

Very short walk! The lookout is absolutely beautiful!

really easy trail, ok falls. Don't need to see it again.

It’s easy until you get to the observation spot. If you wanna go down to the falls, it would be more like “short and moderate.” The trail is still well defined.

Easy trail with photo op at the end.

I wouldn't categorize this as "easy!" The climb down and back to the base of the falls is rigorous. Worth every step!

could not easily get to the base of the falls with a child. but there is a right branch that leads to an observation deck and a left branch that could take you to under the top level of the falls. lots of roots make decent steps, but only to the observation deck is easy.

The easy part ends at the observation platform. To get to the falls be ready to go off trail. Well worth every step of the climb.

Wed May 29 2019

Easy hike to the viewing platform but you can go further to the base of the falls which is much harder. 40 foot down on about 60 degree drop. So worth it to go all the way to the bottom.