Hospital Rock to Falls Creek Falls Trail

Hospital Rock to Falls Creek Falls Trail is a 12.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near River Falls, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hospital Rock trail was great hiking but long. Watch out for the ticks in May. We had about 10 or 12 ticks that hitched a ride on each of us

Very hard hike.. Pleasant view from all angles. The waterfall was definitely worth the trip. A bit much of a hike for one day... I pushed my body to the limit and enjoyed every minute!!!

Great hike. Made it to Hospital Rock and about a half hour further up the mountain. Did not make it to the falls. It was challenging up the mountain as I carried a backpack with some weight. I was breathing like I was hyperventilating and loved the challenge. Really enjoyed this hike and will do it again. It was a gorgeous day and I was with two friends. I will sleep well tonight.

THIS IS CURRENTLY CLOSED OFF!

Mentally and physically challenging. I'm glad I accomplished it but I wouldn't do it again. There were a few good spots but it took me 8 hours.

it's a fun trail straight up hill

Saturday, May 13, 2017

The trail to Hospital Rock was awesome, but past the Rock trail was very over grown and not maintained at all

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I actually posted this review to the Falls Creek Falls trail, before this page had been set up. I'm copying it here with a few changes after hiking it again recently. This is a tough trail, but totally worth it. I did just the Hospital Rock Trail, out to the falls and back to Jones Gap for a distance just under 10 miles, though it seems a lot longer. The trail starts out uphill for a fair distance and you can definitely see the remaining effects of the landslides once you get to Hospital Rock, but the trail seemed in good condition. There are some places on the steep descent to the falls that are a little tricky to navigate and a couple places where the trail had been re-routed around erosion but not unmarked. I saw only one other person on the trail despite the park being very busy that day. Out and back definitely makes things harder as you have to make your way back up the trail after descending to the falls, but it's still very much worth the effort.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

it's a little long for one day

Sunday, June 11, 2017