Guignard Clay Quarry Loop Trail

Guignard Clay Quarry Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near West Columbia, South Carolina that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Loop trail through the wetlands in the Congaree Creek Heritage Preserve.

It was a nice kinda creepy walk narrow trails with water on each side of you. I felt like at any moment something was going to crawl from under the grassy water and I’d jump into the water on the other side of me. I enjoyed it I’ll be back

Nice hike. Easy walking but feet got wet in a few places due to rain earlier in the week. Would do again.

loved It my dad picked it

the path was narrow but very enjoyable.

Exciting trail, my dogs loved it. Even spotted a huge aligator

A little hidden gem, this is a nice trail if you're looking for a bit of an afternoon wetland getaway. Keep in mind, though, that much of it is impassable after a heavy rain.

It was hard to find road access to the trail, but the trail itself was gorgeous. My dog and I had a great time, as we came across no other people, but several squirrels, deer, and possibly an alligator. The trail does get muddy and narrow at some points, and the trail markers are not always prominent. We had to do some occasional searching to get back on the path. Overall it was a nice little hike, perfect for a beginner or novice hiker looking for somewhere quiet to explore. It will probably become a regular spot for my dog and I.