Glassy Mountain Trail

Glassy Mountain Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderate grade, excellent views to Table Rock & Caesars Head. This hike was a great little surprise. The trail is great for all ages and the views are excellent from the granite outlook. You can park at the trailhead or drive all the way to the top and walk down the trail to the lookout. Take the longer route, the trail is worth it.

LOVE this trail!

The main trail is fairly easy to follow, but this trail is super overgrown. I wouldn’t take small children and wear long pants. If you are near by, it’s a quick walk to an amazing overlook, but save this for the fall. Sunbathing snakes! The overgrowth make them hard to spot. We saw one small snake going to the overlook, and my 15 year old STEPPED ON a sizable one on the way back. Some locals indicated that there are numerous timber rattlers in this area. We won’t go back.

I don’t know if it’s always like this, but the trail was super overgrown. Totally our fault for not wearing pants, but thank goodness we had on bug spray. I did it with my 3 year old and my 10 month old baby in a backpack carrier and my 3 year couldn’t enjoy the hike due to batting off plants in her face the entire time. The overlook is gorgeous though, making the hike/walk worth it...for me a least haha.

Easy walk. Rained when I went which made it a bit slippery. Loved the view and peace. Trail head feels hidden by all the overgrowth; however, I loved the fact there weren’t a lot of people on the trail. I loved this trail. Wish it was longer! Needs to be cut a bit because it is a tad overgrown. Wonderful view. Not any designated parking, must look for trail.

breathtaking views and although a little grown up the trails were gorgeous as well.. the trail head isn't far past the fork (there's a yield sign on the opposite side of the road) we parked on the side of the road. there's quiet a few different paths and weren't marked very well but wasn't much of an issue. overall great hike and will definitely visit again

Just the right length for 3 elementary school kids to stay excited without getting bored. Wonderful view. People are having trouble finding the trail head because the sign fell over and is laying beside it. It's on the right side of the road about 150 feet or so up the road from the yield sign, which is on the left side of the road. It was clean and no trash. I had the kids wear pants because someone said there were ticks. No ticks, but that turned out to be a good idea because the path is narrow in places and there is some poison ivy, though no more than any other trail I've hiked. Hesitated after some of the reviews here, but so glad we did it. You should, too.

well worn trail, nowhere designated to park but we just parked on the side of the road across from the sign so no biggy. views are great and my dogs loved the shorter trail for a change !

hiked this today with my 5 & 3 year old sons. They loved it and so did I. We hiked in some lunch and ate at the lookout. Overall it was a great day!!

Kid friendly, many side trails. the trail is marked periodically, but the main trail is pretty worn and easy to follow. When you come to a 3-way: left goes to towers at the top, middle and right go to beautiful overlook! It doesn't take long to complete the trail!

really good app

I started about halfway up the mountain like some of the other reviews talk about. I posted a picture of the sign to look for. So glad to have done it! It was beautiful! It takes you around the mountain with peaking views all of the way. Highly suggest taking the longer way if your looking for a little more of a trip to that gorgeous lookout. There isn't really any parking. I just had to pull on the side of the road.

Beautiful views....warming: about half way through the trail, we heard wild hogs in the near distance. Needless to say we turned around quickly.

Didn’t get to walk due to no where to park.

This trail was very quick and lovely at the same time. Trail is narrow in places..so be careful...views along the way towards the look out at Glassy Mtn. but once you get there you just want to sit down and inhale the beautiful view.

quick and easy trail, nice views. a bit narrow. unmarked but very neat down and easy to follow. trail starts at the small sign on right side of road, just past where the church road comes off of glassy mtn road. breaks into 2 about a mile in: left leads to the towers, right continues on. if you continue right it breaks into 3: left leads to towers, middle and right are a short loop around to a beautiful look out.

Pro tip: the beginning of the trail is not at the top of the road there’s a sign about ½ way up the road on the right saying foot traffic only from this point. That’s the beginning.

Nice easy hike with a nice view overlooking Pickens. Pretty quick hike as well. Trail is not marked by any signs so just stay on the worn path.

No signs posted as shown in one of the pictures. Found a t-shirt, pair of dirty panties and trash on an unmarked trail. Followed the trail for a 1/4 mile and turned back. It only led deeper into the woods. Finding a view seemed unlikely. Watch for large potholes in the road at the top around the towers.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Never found lower loop of trail. Beautiful view from top though

Monday, July 24, 2017

Beautiful hike for a summer morning. Spiderwort and coreopsis were busting out blooms along the entire trail, and I saw multiple types of butterflies doing their thing. Beware spiderwebs - I always carry a stick to whack the webs in front of me. But even the spiders were beautiful. Among the highlights were the view (obviously) and a staring contest I had with a female deer along the trail.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Seems sketchy at first because there's really no where to park, but if you start at the sign and be sure to hit every lookout on the narrow trail it's worth it! The views are pretty awesome!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Trail head is not very well marked and the trail is very narrow at times but the view is breathtaking.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Easy trail to hike with a constant beautiful view alongside you as you hike. The clearing was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Not much of a hike but the views are spectacular!!

Monday, February 06, 2017

Good short hike great views.

Thursday, December 01, 2016

awesome

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Perfect

Friday, October 28, 2016

easy hike great views

Monday, October 10, 2016

It was a great hike with my wife and two small children. It was very scenic and the fall weather made for comfortable conditions.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Took a group of senior citizens bc the difficulty level was said to be easy/moderate. The trail had a lot of steep switchbacks down to the beautiful view but it was just very difficult for these independent seniors. Grant it, the view was beautiful, but there was quite a few of us who got tons of chigger bites afterwards.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

It took us all of 30 seconds to strike this dump off the list. Let the dog out and he immediately began sniffing a freakin used condom! Then we see a guy coming out of the unmarked trail with am unleashed dog. It's a shame because the height offers good views but the ghetto appearance cancels the positive. Don't waste your time. We went to Table Rock and were AMAZED!