Francis Beidler Forest

Francis Beidler Forest is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dorchester, South Carolina that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Was pretty cold today but we saw a few turtles and birds. Boardwalk the entire way was kinda cool. Really great wetland habitat gotta come back on a warm day.

great place for adults.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Beautiful. Quiet.
Saw 3 Whitetail Deer, a Barred Owl, a Blue-tailed Skink and many other interesting flora and fauna.

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Walk the boardwalk and see the terrain, or walk and stop to see the wildlife and there is plenty to see. The skinks on a cypress stump just one example

Sunday, May 01, 2016

So much wildlife! it's $10 for an adult but it's well worth it.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Gorgeous walk through the swamp! Very easy and kid friendly with so many sights and snakes! Can't wait to go back and take a night tour!

Saturday, August 08, 2015

The water levels were low but I think that might have been to my advantage. I was able to observe an otter swimming swimming around for quite a while. Very quiet and serene walk. Although my walk occurred in August, there was plenty of shade to protect me from the heat and sun.

Friday, August 01, 2014

I should say that I visited this trail over 20 years ago. But I still remember it fondly--it was my honeymoon and I saw my first snake, egret, and alligator!

recorded Francis Beidler Forest