Firebreak Trail

Firebreak Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Columbia, South Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great trail

Easy beginner trail.

Good all around hike. Saw very few other people. A little muddy in areas and we had to cross a shallow stream at one point (it had just rained recently) but overall easy hike and well marked.

My first dedicated hike and I had a great time. I would rate this trail a little more than easy, closer to moderate.

Perfect Christmas Day hike before dinner!!

Nice hike! Easy to follow! Lots of bikers though.

This was our first time to Harbison State Forest and it was a pleasant experience. This trail is nice and easy. There is some hilly terrain and there are some areas where there are a lot of areas that had a lot of rocks so if you're walking make sure you're wearing good shoes! The trails are very clearly marked which was great. There are a lot of bikers on these trails but everyone we met was super friendly. Would definitely do this trail again and I can't wait to do the rest of the trails in the forest!

Nice fast trail. I hiked it with my dog.