Firebreak Trail

Firebreak Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Columbia, South Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail.

Great introduction to the trails of Harbison State Forest. Easy parking, just be sure to have $5 in cash for the day parking permit. An annual pass is only $25 for this amazing park in Columbia, SC.

rode part of this trail until it conected to the stewardship trail (believe that was the name). nice wide trails.

great trail

Easy beginner trail.

Good all around hike. Saw very few other people. A little muddy in areas and we had to cross a shallow stream at one point (it had just rained recently) but overall easy hike and well marked.

My first dedicated hike and I had a great time. I would rate this trail a little more than easy, closer to moderate.

Perfect Christmas Day hike before dinner!!

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Nice hike! Easy to follow! Lots of bikers though.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

This was our first time to Harbison State Forest and it was a pleasant experience. This trail is nice and easy. There is some hilly terrain and there are some areas where there are a lot of areas that had a lot of rocks so if you're walking make sure you're wearing good shoes! The trails are very clearly marked which was great. There are a lot of bikers on these trails but everyone we met was super friendly. Would definitely do this trail again and I can't wait to do the rest of the trails in the forest!

Friday, October 21, 2016

Nice fast trail. I hiked it with my dog.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Great trail ,do not suggest running it fast the unseen rocks and roots can be a problem if tired

Monday, September 26, 2016

Well marked, no vistas, $5 to use

Monday, July 18, 2016

Nice run.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

It was immediately apparent that this was a far more forested area than the Sesqui State Park. It wasn’t wilderness, I never lost the sound of the highway (though it did grow faint). The trail, though cleared, wasn’t paved. It narrowed and was often rocky and broken up with roots from the surrounding pines and pin oaks. The grade changed a good bit over terrain that was quite hilly, and that is the apparent reason for the trail’s “moderate” rating. I could feel the difference, though it never became too much for me.

The trail was blazed with white paint splotches on trees and a couple of white metal diamonds. It was a sparse blaze, but enough to verify I was staying on the right trail (nine are listed in the Trail Guide). The trail intersections were well-marked, though, and I was never confused over where I was at.

Overall, a nice little trail that's moderately challenging for a new hiker.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Perfect weekend morning hike.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Since I'm a novice "mountain" biker - not sure how to rate this trail but we had a fantastic time. Maps were confusing and we ended up doing a few trails... Definitely didn't do the Spiderwoman one. Can't imagine how that would be because there were some rough parts of this one - remember - I'm novice... but I loved it!! I've lived in Columbia 15 years and have never been here but GUARANTEED - as Arnold says...."I'll be back!"..
Oh... and one 16 oz. bottle of water is not enough!! LOL

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Trail was an easy hike. Great for families since it's completely flat and trails are easily marked. I expected it to be a little more scenic but I didn't see anything at all.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rode this trail with my 8 year old daughter recently while training for a family adventure race. It was the first time I've ridden this trail in its entirety in a long time as I usually take the Lost Creek trail or the outer loop. I was pleased with how well the trail has been maintained. A nice and easy 4 mile loop if your looking for a quick ride.

Monday, May 13, 2013

This is a great hike with lots of chances to see the creek and the Narrows. What a great time me and my dad had today.