Falls Creek Waterfall Trail

Falls Creek Waterfall Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near River Falls, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This a great little workout, a bit much for the toddlers but okay for the pre teen crowd. The hike starts uphill and stays that way for a good while. There are some flat stretches mixed in and a couple stream crossings. Being this short the hike reaches the falls before your to tired to enjoy the falls and they are beautiful. You can cross at the base of the falls and hike up the trail on the other side for a great picnic spot. If the water is high when you go you can decide to climb up the cables to the upper part of the falls. A great workout with an awesome payoff. Enjoy, See you on the trail!

Absolutely stunning waterfall to look forward to at the end! Very strenuous hike, however. Completely uphill, with tons of rocks and roots to watch for. Entirely worth the work to see the falls, though! :)

A bit too much for younger children. The falls is beautiful and worth the hike.

gorgeous hike and falls, but when they say strenuous they aren't kidding around.

Very steep and difficult about halfway into the trail but worth it! Falls were absolutely beautiful. Great place to swim

Definitely understand-estimated this trail. I brought ppl with me that usually don’t hike (son & husband). I told them since y’all don’t hike we will go on a short trail. Haha jokes on me this trail made me look like a hmmm...You start out uphill and it continues that way. I can’t tell how many times I stopped or wanted to turn back. BUT I couldn’t quit! I knew it would be worth it when we reached the top and of course it was!! The falls were so beautiful and refreshing!!! Coming down was much easier for sure. I will definitely try it again soon.

Strenuous but totally worth it. The falls are beautiful

Uphill battle to reach the falls but they are amazing and well worth the trip! plus it's all downhill from there.

Second trip to this trail in a week. First time I didn’t make it to the falls because I had had just work d 8 hours (3rd shift) so I was too fatigued. Second time made it to the falls and it was awesome! Got some long exposures with my big camera - really beautiful 50’ falls
Trail is NOT moderate! Even the teens on the trail said it was strenuous. Trekking poles are essential if you’re older or have knee, hips or balance issues

Trail has a lot of divots holes boulders roots rocks little pinecones big pinecones loose debris, tracking poll is helpful. Uphill from the get go plateaus and then downhill little ways to a beautiful creek

Lovely hike! The view of the falls is very worth the incline trail! The trail is great for getting your cardio up and strengthening leg muscles. One of my favorite hikes! If weather permits we'll be taking our 11 year old next weekend.

Great trail! Definitely gets your heart pumping with some of the steeper parts. I was carrying my 3yro most of the way in a hiking carrier, which made it much harder and something I wouldn’t really recommend just because it threw off balance trying to get up some of the boulders. Hoped for a less steep area at the falls for a picnic but can’t complain much because the waterfall was stunning! The map says the trail is “very strenuous” which I don’t think is accurate. Moderate to strenuous at some points would be better. My 7yro was able to do the whole thing.

Beautiful day for this hike. Can’t wait to go back!

Gorgeous falls!!

Love this hike. It says moderate but it is defiantly strenuous/hard. It’s up hill most of the way and steep, but it’s well worth the hard hike to the water fall! The way down is steep, but make sure you have good shoes with traction when there are leaves on the ground. Love this waterfall!

My son and I hike this WONDERFUL trail this morning.
Well marked. and pretty steep in some places. Overall it's worth the hike. The waterfall is awesome.

Took our beagle and he loved it. Steep at times, but worth it in the end. One of our favorites!

I took this hike today and it was a great trail. just hard enough to make you sweat on the way in and an easy out.

Really gorgeous waterfall! The trail is pretty difficult, especially if you have short legs(guilty); there are just some pretty big steps upward required. Also, I personally found the dark purple blazes kind of easy to lose in the late afternoon sun and got off track once(but decided to see where the path went and found a nice little spot). Worth the effort.

awesome waterfall!

Great trail! This trail is definitely hard/strenuous as a few others mentioned, but it’s 100% worth it. Great long range views along the trail (in the late fall/winter) and from the falls as well. The falls were beautiful and great for picnicking. We’ll definitely do this one again.

Great trail not too far from Greenville. We took our 5-year-old and it took us almost 1.5 hours up and an hour back out. Without little kids, it takes half that time. I wouldn't take kids any younger than 5 or 6, as there are lots of rocks and it's a bit treacherous in some spots. It's also not the best trail to wear a baby/small child, again due to the frequent large rocks and being a little slippery. But it's a good workout with beautiful views.

Beautiful Hike !! Most of the hike is uphill but well worth the effort !! Follow the purple markers to gorgeous views and amazing falls !! It rained some yesterday so the falls were strong and with leaves off the trees, you could see forever !! Give your self about 45 mins up and 30 down. Enjoy and be safe !!

Beautiful hike! Uphill most of the way there as expected but the view is worth it!

Great trail and was very much so worth it! Although you have this trail marked as moderate but at the trail head it says strenuous! But otherwise great! Loved it will definitely go back! Need to bring a drone!

Awsome fall hike, well marked and trail in good shape. View of falls very nice.

A little rough from the start, but the waterfall was wonderful.

Nice trail to hike with friends. The trail is fairly steep and a little rocky but the waterfall is beautiful!

Starts off rough but totally worth the Hike.

Fantastic views. It was a bit more strenuous than we anticipated, but totally worth it in the end!

We tried this one out last week and we weren’t disappointed! Definitely tested our fitness levels, but we’ll be back to do it again without a doubt!