Eastatoe Creek Trail

Eastatoe Creek Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sunset, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Awesome Trail

Nice hike, took me an hour each way. my trail didn't match the AllTrails route. I started up the road from the foothills trail parking lot, at the metal gates. The trail is marked with yellow blazes. The hardest part is coming back up from the overlook, but even that wasn't terrible. The hike along the ridge had a nice view of the mountains since the trees are still bare. Only saw a handful of people, even on a Sunday. The Narrows itself is pretty. Too bad you can't get closer to it.

Lovely, not too challenging hike. Very nice 'narrows' waterfall at the end.

this hike was pretty easy to the narrows. coming back, I broke a bit of a sweat. we started the trail around 4:30 pm and ended up having the whole area to ourselves, although we walked back in the dark. the end viewpoint is definitely worth it.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Sunday, September 11, 2016

trail was marked well and had some nice spots down at the gorge such as The Narrows. steep toward the end but good hike.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016

Beautiful as always. As of today (5/15/16) camping is still prohibited. :(

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Easy hike to a lovely creekside campsite.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

This is where I decided to take my wife on her first overnight hike. It was the perfect trail for a good experience with primitive camping.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Hiked on Saturday (5/24). The trail is relatively easy. However coming up from the gorge can be a bit of a workout. Camping is now prohibited near the creek due to the risk of dead trees falling. There are lots of places to sit and enjoy a lunch.

Monday, April 23, 2012

We hiked this trail today. Weather was partly cloudy with occasional rain showers. This trail was really quite easy in my opinion and I rarely hike. The falls at the narrows was worth the hike. We didn't see a single person on the trail. Would suggest it for a family hike!

Sunday, November 27, 2011