Chestnut Ridge Heritage Preserve Trail

Chestnut Ridge Heritage Preserve Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Glassy, South Carolina that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Excellent hike with moderate climb

Spectacular day for a hike - dogs loved it. Well trained dogs have no issues at all, we had a blast!

Beautiful well maintained trail - great workout. Downside is lots of hikers w untrained dogs let them go off leash. We were charged by dogs twice.

Probably one of my favorite trails so far... so much change in scenery. I went right after it had rained, there was no one else out there, the the creek beside me was full. The incline changes frequently so you end up getting a pretty good workout, and there is a beautiful river at the bottom.

Good short hike.

completed in about two and a half hours. A great trail close to home, yet apparently a well kept secret! Much snow was still on the river side, making the trail very slippery. It was the first time I'd ever hiked with my shirt off while stepping on snow! you have to love southern weather! I'll be back! By the way, if you recently lost a pair of gray eyeglasses, I hung them on the bulletin board at the main entrance.

Decent hike. Wasn’t too hard. Theres a river at the end of it where you can relax a bit before heading back.

Great Sunday morning hike

Awesome hike today, started at 10AM, about 17F, got up to about 33F by the time we were done. Saw 5 people out on this hike, will definetely do it again.

Last minute trail run with my neighbor. Not bad at all. First run in a long time so I’m looking forward to running this entire trail.

I first tried the trail for a fishing trip which turned out not as well as I wanted due to unleashed dogs jumping into the river. So I began running it and to my surprise it still continues to have unleashed dogs. I think it’s because of how remote the area is, people feel no one else will be on the trail. This is my only complaint. While running a trail it surely doesn’t sit well with some dogs...

Always a quiet trek.

Great easy hike and beautiful big wide river at the end. Perfect for a summer hike and river dip at the end! Wide flat trail. About 2 hours out and back.

Beautiful trail parts were fairly strenuous but overall I had a peaceful exhilarating hike. The woods were lush and the rick formations and river were beautiful.

Fallen tree! Happened this morning just before reaching the creek. The tree contain a huge yellow jacket nest, and they were not happy campers about their home being upset.

Not sure who to contact about the trail maintenance. The tree will need to be cut. It was a really big tree and no way around it. Had to turn back. It's about .25 miles from the creek. Beware of the bees!

moderately easy trail.

It's a great trail. Moderate trail, great to take kids to it

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Great difficulty level, and nice views.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Pretty trail. Well maintained. Lots of Spring wild flowers.

recorded Great hike