Carrick Creek Loop

Carrick Creek Loop is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Waterfalls, wildlife, good trail for all ages This is a great little getaway for all ages. The only thing you need is a good pair of shoes and some water. The trail starts at the Carrick Creek Nature Center, there are several different things to do here. The trail splits from a few others, check the map at the trailhead. There are several stream crossings and one area where small children could get into trouble in the river. All in all it is a great little family hike.

I've hiked this trail many times. the last time was about 6 years ago when my wife and I were dating. since there was the big fire and a flood. The trail has changed a little bit but is still an AMAZING adventure! 3 kids later, my wife and I returned and took all of our boys on the trail. the trail begins with a small fall at the trail head. I suggest going to the left when hiking as it is a big loop. going up on the left means you go up with the creek as a distraction to your ascent. cool little wooden bridges and areas to climb out onto rocks in the river to get kids excited about hike as well as a nice distraction. On descent, beautiful rock/river formations in the forest and of couse the "Indian Cave" I always show my boys...a rock formation I use as a landmark to let them know we are winding down the hike. Bring something to splash in as you arrive back at the falls and there is a splash pool provided by Mother Nature, Herself! NO DRONES...PARK RULES as Osprey attack them. Take the family..ENJOY! Go early, come back and go swimming in the Table Rock swimming area vomplete with HIGH DIVE!! Sno cones, ice cream, fishing, boating, MILES of more trails!! Can you tell? WE LOVE TABLE ROCK AND THIS TRAIL! !

Great hike along the creek with lots of places to get in and enjoy the water. Great for dogs.

Easley loop around the lake. Pretty scenic hike. Came across a black bear on the trail. He quickly ran away after seeing us and us making noise.

This is an easy loop utilizing parts of the Table Mountain and Pinnacle Mountain trails. Hiking clockwise follows Carrick Creek with some beautiful waterfalls and stream crossings. We hiked early and traffic was light. Mountain Laurels were still blooming in Mid June.

Perfect family friendly trail. Go left first so you do the incline along the creek. It’s so much fun going over the stepping stones and bridges. Our 3 year old loved it and our baby was in a backpack carrier.

Took my 3 children, wife, and dog hiking on this trail for the first time today. I have never seen so many waterfalls on a trail in such a short distance. This was a little strenuous for my 4 year old but we made it and everyone loved it. The beginning section is beautiful and having the chance for the kids to play in the water was great. This trail was a surprise for me and I enjoyed it greatly. I would highly recommend to anyone else.

It was good for a 9, 7 and 2 year old! It was very pretty and had lots of places for the kids to stop see the stream.

Easy but nice.

This was a good hike for a family. We have three kids ages 5, 9 and 13. This trail was good all around. We aren’t in the best shape of our lives either. Nice moderate and beautiful location. Well kept trails with breathtaking falls.

Good loop! Kids love playing at end in waterfall.

Very well marked and maintained. Lots of small waterfalls. The uphill and downhill sections balance out nicely. Very pet-friendly, but not much fauna to be seen.

Great little starter trail!

Great short trail. Beautiful scenery

love it!

Pretty water features but stays muddy.

Nice hike with plenty of stream views. Will do again.

Good hike enjoyed and look at all the waterfalls so many too count!

Well trafficked trail that is great for a quick trail run. Very accessible for all levels. No spectacular views, but great for running because there aren't a lot of roots to trip on. :)

Just finished this trail with a friend and 3 children 5 and under. It was great!! If you take the left side of the loop first you sill see the creek most of the way. It has a fair grade until about the halfway point where it levels out for a stretch before going back down to the trail head. Very well maintained trail with a few rooted areas. If you or your children arent sure of foot, be extra cautious.

This is a nice loop that has some inclines and steps. Unfortunately, hurricane Irma did a lot of damage and there are lots of downed trees, but the trail has been cleared.

For more inexperienced hikers, I would highly recommend this trail. We went with a baby on our hike. He was content and we weren't worn out carrying him on our backs. It's a short hike with a lot of beautiful stops. It's also very clearly marked, so as long as you know what color to follow, getting lost isn't a worry at all.

Nice easy hike, water fall at beginning of hike

An easy, enjoyable "circle" trail. Follows 2 creeks; one with low-level water falls easily accessed. Open all year, occasional snow in winter, but still hike-able (giving whole new perspective). Worth repeating.

Great little trail for those who aren't able to squeeze in a trip to the top of the mountain.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I took my adventurous 4 year old daughter on this trail and we loved it! I would have given it 5 stars, but the last half of the loop was "meh"...I'll explain.

Almost immediately after you leave the hikers registration, you walk upon the base of a small waterfall with a great wading-deep swimming hole! Keep walking another minute or so, and there were some other great places to sit and enjoy the nature...or have a picnic.

At the Carrick Creek trailhead, you can go either left or right since it's a loop. My daughter and I wanted to see water (and play in it) so we took a LEFT as the Park Ranger said the falls would be on that side. The hike/walk was great for us! Loved seeing all the tiny waterfalls and places to cool off and take pics along the way. Once we passed all of the fun water places, the hike began to get steeper and the scenery wasn't as enjoyable. If I had known this, we would have turned around and not done the full loop.

When we were done, we ate lunch at the base of the falls and then swam at the swim beach across the street :)

Friday, July 07, 2017

Great little day hike. Stayed at the State Park. Accommodations were great. Beware there is no cell service. My only complaint was how busy the trail was, but thats the price of a great trail.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Great starter for our family of 4. Even the couch potato made it

Friday, June 30, 2017

Very fun and beautiful trail. It's also great to take the little ones on :)

Thursday, June 15, 2017

First timer to the Table Rock State Park and serious trail hiking. Brought the entire family out and loved every moment. We even saw our first Bear!