Carrick Creek Loop is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 396 feet Route Type: Loop

This is a great little getaway for all ages. The only thing you need is a good pair of shoes and some water. The trail starts at the Carrick Creek Nature Center, there are several different things to do here. The trail splits from a few others, check the map at the trailhead. There are several stream crossings and one area where small children could get into trouble in the river. All in all it is a great little family hike.

Fun trail for my first excursion this year. Red clay like terrain. Some mud but I had pink shoes on and they weren’t too bad. Some water terrain to make your way across. Just fun.

Heavily populated

I absolutely love this trail! An incline up besides waterfalls no matter which direction you choose to complete the loop. Beautiful forest around along with rhododendrons to make a beautiful trail. An excellent choice for bringing along a pup bc they have access to water almost the entire hike.

Great trail with lots of waterfalls. The trail has some elevation gain but then you get to go down! A couple of creek crossings. A very enjoyable trail. It dId have some traffic. The trail was well maintained, bridges, paved and scenic overlooks to take a picnic. Get to the park early or you won’t get a parking spot.

Nice short hike over a ridge and through a pair of ravines. More waterfalls per mile than any other trail in this area. Mountain laurel was in bloom when I hiked here in mid-May. A good choice if this park's more famous trails seem too long and hard for you or for people in your group.

Great hike to take the kiddos. A couple of fun creek crossings to add to the fun. There were quite a few trees down but easy to climb over. The trail has reopened.

beautiful short hike for the whole family.

It has probably been 8-9 years since we did this trail. Our kids were little and loved the waterfall! Great trail for a family stroll.

My family and I love this trail. We live extremely close so it’s a nice quick hike.

Nice trail with minimal challenge. Good cardio and exercise!

This was a good moderate intensity hike that was ideal to take the kids on.

I had a great time with my family yesterday. It was our very first hiking, with the kids, and this trail is perfect for them. We took one hour to finish it.

another great trail for the kiddos!

fee

Beautiful hike with lots of streams. I love the boards they’ve added to keep us out of the mud.

Great for toddlers and kids. May have to carry them. Day after rain, two river crossings. Recommend you just walk across the sandy section.

Great trail but crowded today. I guess since it is a Saturday and 66 degrees. A little muddy and had to take my boots off to cross the stream (2days of rain running). But nice views.

Very nice trail. We wanted an easy hike that wasn't in a paved path or boardwalk and this was just fine. not too easy, definitely not hard.

Great trail following the creek. Moderate is a good rating for this trail. It does have a steep climb and then levels back with some creek crossings. Side note: take a right at the fork.

Good trail for the family. Lots of spots to stop and enjoy the area.

Very well maintained trail.

1 hour of mountainous nature. Go do it.

Good trail. One hour of hiking. Pets allowed.

Pretty trail with very tiny low flow waterfalls

You dont get super easy for beginners but very family friendly and beautiful....(watch for snakes

Great hike. Waterfall right near trailhead, several small ones along the loop. Plenty of easily accessible pools to play and cool your feet Some steep rock steps and steep log steps but we loved it. Record heat for 1st of October 5 dollars per person to get into park