Carrick Creek Loop

Carrick Creek Loop is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Waterfalls, wildlife, good trail for all ages This is a great little getaway for all ages. The only thing you need is a good pair of shoes and some water. The trail starts at the Carrick Creek Nature Center, there are several different things to do here. The trail splits from a few others, check the map at the trailhead. There are several stream crossings and one area where small children could get into trouble in the river. All in all it is a great little family hike.

This is a nice loop that has some inclines and steps. Unfortunately, hurricane Irma did a lot of damage and there are lots of downed trees, but the trail has been cleared.

For more inexperienced hikers, I would highly recommend this trail. We went with a baby on our hike. He was content and we weren't worn out carrying him on our backs. It's a short hike with a lot of beautiful stops. It's also very clearly marked, so as long as you know what color to follow, getting lost isn't a worry at all.

Nice easy hike, water fall at beginning of hike

An easy, enjoyable "circle" trail. Follows 2 creeks; one with low-level water falls easily accessed. Open all year, occasional snow in winter, but still hike-able (giving whole new perspective). Worth repeating.

Great little trail for those who aren't able to squeeze in a trip to the top of the mountain.

I took my adventurous 4 year old daughter on this trail and we loved it! I would have given it 5 stars, but the last half of the loop was "meh"...I'll explain.

Almost immediately after you leave the hikers registration, you walk upon the base of a small waterfall with a great wading-deep swimming hole! Keep walking another minute or so, and there were some other great places to sit and enjoy the nature...or have a picnic.

At the Carrick Creek trailhead, you can go either left or right since it's a loop. My daughter and I wanted to see water (and play in it) so we took a LEFT as the Park Ranger said the falls would be on that side. The hike/walk was great for us! Loved seeing all the tiny waterfalls and places to cool off and take pics along the way. Once we passed all of the fun water places, the hike began to get steeper and the scenery wasn't as enjoyable. If I had known this, we would have turned around and not done the full loop.

When we were done, we ate lunch at the base of the falls and then swam at the swim beach across the street :)

Great little day hike. Stayed at the State Park. Accommodations were great. Beware there is no cell service. My only complaint was how busy the trail was, but thats the price of a great trail.

Great starter for our family of 4. Even the couch potato made it

Very fun and beautiful trail. It's also great to take the little ones on :)

First timer to the Table Rock State Park and serious trail hiking. Brought the entire family out and loved every moment. We even saw our first Bear!

Great little trail!