Carrick Creek Loop is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Waterfalls, wildlife, good trail for all ages This is a great little getaway for all ages. The only thing you need is a good pair of shoes and some water. The trail starts at the Carrick Creek Nature Center, there are several different things to do here. The trail splits from a few others, check the map at the trailhead. There are several stream crossings and one area where small children could get into trouble in the river. All in all it is a great little family hike.

Did this one when I came down from the Table Rock Summit. 2 mile loop with a lot of small waterfalls and a couple of stream crossings.

Second time on the trail. Did the loop counter clockwise this time and enjoyed it more. Saw. BEAR and CUB scurrying up a tree but watching us closely!!!! Very cool and humbling.

Such a fun loop! A few places you’ve got to get your feet wet. A little crowded at the trailhead but it opens up as you pass he waterfall. Even a chance to swim in the falls at the end.

Abandoned plan to hike to Table Rock because it seemed to hot for my dog to leave the cooling off creeks behind.
About a third of the way in to Carricks Creek I came around a bend and there was a small black bear right in front of me (about 20 yd), he saw me at the same time and he casually turned around and trotted back direction Carrick Creek
This is a very nice easy loop trail if you want to stay near the water.

I agree with others, start left and ascend with the creek on your left. Many opportunities to stick you feet in the water, if you want to. Several slippery spots, I wished I had brought my walking stick.

I've hiked this trail many times. the last time was about 6 years ago when my wife and I were dating. since there was the big fire and a flood. The trail has changed a little bit but is still an AMAZING adventure! 3 kids later, my wife and I returned and took all of our boys on the trail. the trail begins with a small fall at the trail head. I suggest going to the left when hiking as it is a big loop. going up on the left means you go up with the creek as a distraction to your ascent. cool little wooden bridges and areas to climb out onto rocks in the river to get kids excited about hike as well as a nice distraction. On descent, beautiful rock/river formations in the forest and of couse the "Indian Cave" I always show my boys...a rock formation I use as a landmark to let them know we are winding down the hike. Bring something to splash in as you arrive back at the falls and there is a splash pool provided by Mother Nature, Herself! NO DRONES...PARK RULES as Osprey attack them. Take the family..ENJOY! Go early, come back and go swimming in the Table Rock swimming area vomplete with HIGH DIVE!! Sno cones, ice cream, fishing, boating, MILES of more trails!! Can you tell? WE LOVE TABLE ROCK AND THIS TRAIL! !

Great hike along the creek with lots of places to get in and enjoy the water. Great for dogs.

Easley loop around the lake. Pretty scenic hike. Came across a black bear on the trail. He quickly ran away after seeing us and us making noise.

This is an easy loop utilizing parts of the Table Mountain and Pinnacle Mountain trails. Hiking clockwise follows Carrick Creek with some beautiful waterfalls and stream crossings. We hiked early and traffic was light. Mountain Laurels were still blooming in Mid June.

Perfect family friendly trail. Go left first so you do the incline along the creek. It’s so much fun going over the stepping stones and bridges. Our 3 year old loved it and our baby was in a backpack carrier.

Took my 3 children, wife, and dog hiking on this trail for the first time today. I have never seen so many waterfalls on a trail in such a short distance. This was a little strenuous for my 4 year old but we made it and everyone loved it. The beginning section is beautiful and having the chance for the kids to play in the water was great. This trail was a surprise for me and I enjoyed it greatly. I would highly recommend to anyone else.

It was good for a 9, 7 and 2 year old! It was very pretty and had lots of places for the kids to stop see the stream.

Easy but nice.

This was a good hike for a family. We have three kids ages 5, 9 and 13. This trail was good all around. We aren’t in the best shape of our lives either. Nice moderate and beautiful location. Well kept trails with breathtaking falls.

Good loop! Kids love playing at end in waterfall.

Very well marked and maintained. Lots of small waterfalls. The uphill and downhill sections balance out nicely. Very pet-friendly, but not much fauna to be seen.

Great little starter trail!

Great short trail. Beautiful scenery

love it!

Pretty water features but stays muddy.

Nice hike with plenty of stream views. Will do again.

Monday, October 30, 2017

Good hike enjoyed and look at all the waterfalls so many too count!

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Well trafficked trail that is great for a quick trail run. Very accessible for all levels. No spectacular views, but great for running because there aren't a lot of roots to trip on. :)

Monday, October 23, 2017

Just finished this trail with a friend and 3 children 5 and under. It was great!! If you take the left side of the loop first you sill see the creek most of the way. It has a fair grade until about the halfway point where it levels out for a stretch before going back down to the trail head. Very well maintained trail with a few rooted areas. If you or your children arent sure of foot, be extra cautious.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

This is a nice loop that has some inclines and steps. Unfortunately, hurricane Irma did a lot of damage and there are lots of downed trees, but the trail has been cleared.

Monday, September 11, 2017

For more inexperienced hikers, I would highly recommend this trail. We went with a baby on our hike. He was content and we weren't worn out carrying him on our backs. It's a short hike with a lot of beautiful stops. It's also very clearly marked, so as long as you know what color to follow, getting lost isn't a worry at all.

Saturday, September 09, 2017

Nice easy hike, water fall at beginning of hike

Friday, September 08, 2017

An easy, enjoyable "circle" trail. Follows 2 creeks; one with low-level water falls easily accessed. Open all year, occasional snow in winter, but still hike-able (giving whole new perspective). Worth repeating.