Brissy Ridge is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Greenville, South Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 485 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: Bikes are not allowed on Saturdays in the park.

Went on Mother's Day with the family. We hiked Brissy Trail along with a short detour where you cross the road (Not included on the map) and up to Buckhorn Lake were phenomenal. The trail was fairly easy with some beautiful views out through the canopy. Some mountain bikes along the way with extremely courteous riders.

Great trail. I suggest doing the trail clockwise and taking the short trip over to the north lake loop trail before taking on the hard second half of the trail.

This was a relatively hard little trail.

GO COUNTERCLOCKWISE! Great trail meandering through the woods. In March, you can see a view on both sides of the trail at the same time. Absolutely beautiful. Definitely recommend going counterclockwise. The lake is gorgeous and quiet. I can’t wait to camp over by the lake.

I’d forgotten how hard this trail was. It’s a rather steep downhill start, that I didn’t want to finish uphill on. So we turned around to do Sulfur Springs

I did it clockwise after walking up from the campground The uphill on the foot traffic only section was challenging it felt a lot longer than than the 2.4 miles listed and I was glad to see finish. This is one I would go back to and but the green trail around the lake going counter clockwise.

It was okay for a trail that I didn’t have to drive very far from my home to hike. It was nice and cool. Very overcast day so there were not that many people in the park.

some decent ups and downs. As other have mentioned, lots of roots over I'd rate a s moderate. We did in February and it was good to be able to see without leaves blocking all views.

Not a bad trail, especially in the winter when you can see the view. Lots of roots and rocks on the trail. It's pretty easy (we went clockwise) except for maybe the last third when the incline hits.

a lot more difficult than we thought it would be. steep climbs, lots of roots and rocks to dodge.

Good trail with higher elevation so you get some decent views. I would rate it moderate because there’s is a bit of elevation change throughout but nothing extreme. Would love to have a dog walk this trail with me.

Beast

Very minimal view and the foliage has made it difficult to get great footing. Other than that, it’s a fantastic hike.

We stayed on the wellmarked trail for 3.1 miles. Beautiful. Pay attention to rocks and roots hidden by the leaves. We finished with an uphill climb, next time we will take the opposite direction. First time to Paris Mountain State Park. Many trails

I took the trail counterclockwise, as others have recommended, and am glad I did. It allows you to take the uphill portion more gradually. A few scenic views but nothing special. Worth a second visit at some point.

Great park. Good trail. Not a lot of views though because of the trees but still a pretty good trail. Next time I would hike then plan to picnic by the lake and bring a frisbee!

My husband and I went clockwise on this trail and the first mile was very easy, we talked about trail running it next time through. However, once you get to the road crossing that splits the trail, it's a whole other trail. The trail goes from easy, wide, very manageable to narrow, scrambling and zig zagging up the side of a mountain and this is where all your 550-600ft of elevation gain is, this second half. We did the 2.4 mile trail in 56 minutes so it wasn't terrible but still a lot different than the first half of it. The entire trail was easy to follow through, well marked and we only past one group of people on the first half of the trail on a Saturday morning so that was nice.

A good workout, but not much to see. We did it clockwise and had no issues staying on track.

Great trail for people and dogs, rocky but well marked!

This trail is a vigorous workout for dogs and their owners (I’ve only hiked it clockwise). It’s pretty easy to navigate; I get lost everywhere, and I had no problem completing this loop. You’re hiking up and down on narrow trails. If you have a medium to large dog, it’s impossible to walk past other hikers. Someone has to step to the side to let the others pass. Watch your footing. The trail alternates between soft dirt and clear, to very rocky/rooty (lots of protruding tree roots). If it has rained even a little just before your hike, those rocks and roots will be slippery. Definitely invest in a pair of hiking shoes/boots. This trail is described as child friendly, which it could be for children who are at least 10 or 11. It’s not a trail for toddlers. It’s also supposed to be a bike trail, but due to the terrain in some spots and the narrowness of the trail, I’ve seen bikers struggle. So that you can hear other hikers, runners, and bikers coming up behind you, don’t wear both of your Airpods, if any. Lake Placid is beautiful though and worth the work.

Great moderate trail. We saw several Pele in saddles and flip flops. Due to rocks, tree roots and terrain, definitely recommend real shoes for this trail.

Definitely suggest doing this counterclockwise due to the uphill. I didn’t really see many people but enjoyed being in the woods.

We went with our hiking group and also one of the dogs. Great hike. Had a few hills and challenged our group just enough. We completed this trail and also went smith couple miles on the Sulpher Springs trail. Couldn’t have asked for better weather