Palmetto Trail

Palmetto Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Lanier, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I know we had some bad weather come through and the trail has not been cleaned up yet. We understand that completely. however, a word of caution, we walked a little over 5 miles yesterday and found no less than 40 ticks on our 3 dogs, 2 on myself. Having had RMSF and lived, I try not to be paranoid about ticks but I will not be heading back out there till winter at a minimum. Another word of caution is the poison ivy and oak that lines both sides of the trail for miles. There is literally no escape right now. Thankful we were wise enough to wear hiking pants. Great trail for most levels just these two things that need to be considered mid-summer.

Good little trail... slightly too many roots and rocks for trail running... have to be careful for ankles. No cell service in the area so make sure people know where you are going if you get injured. Nice waterfall!

A great workout! Could not believe how quiet this trail was on a. Sunday afternoon. Some trees to climb over, rocky and some areas were steep, a great fun and some pretty views. Another local treasure

A great place to visit seeing as it's only a 20 minute drive from the house! A short walk to the ponds from the parking area with well maintained gravel roads. My only "gripe" is that i prefer trails with some obstacles and a bit of challenge. However will definitely be bringing my mother along when she comes!

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Enjoyed the hike. Peaks at a road with no view. Trail itself is pleasant. Through Forrest with good ascent at end

Thursday, March 02, 2017

Never got to it! I drove an hr and this took me to someones house in a scary neighborhood, therefore I couldn't even
ask if they trail was close by. VERY DISAPPOINTED