Blackjacks Heritage Preserve

Blackjacks Heritage Preserve is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near Rock Hill, South Carolina and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This trail guides you through a wooded area that contains 13 rare plant species. The trails are primarily dirt but some have wood chips placed between railroad ties. It's an easy hike and great to take the kids on.

I could not think of a worse trail for even walking on. The first .25 mile is totally fine, but then it just vanishes into thick grass and thorn bushes galore. I attempted to bike through it, following the trail my dog was mapping out for me, and my legs were shredded by the tall plants with mysterious spikes. I went through probably 6 spider webs. The trail was so horribly kept up. Honestly, Im not even sure I was on the trail. I ended up at a gravel road where a lady screamed at me and a man on a tractor rode by. I tried to find the trail but ended up having to go back through that god awful overgrown trail. I couldnt even bike back, i had to push my bike because my pedals kept getting stuck on the plants. My legs are really torn up, but at least my dogs had fun I guess.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

The trail was hard to find so we will need to go back on a cooler day but we saw lots of wild flowers and moths. Beautiful area next to an industrial site. Never would have known it was there without All Trails. Kids got hot so we had to turn back but not before we got some pictures on the hanging swing.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Saturday, March 26, 2016

easy Trail to find. It's right off the road. However the trail itself is not very well marked. we got lost a little bit,

the trail is not used very often and therefore we saw a lot more Wildlife than a well-worn trail.

I would rate the trail a three and a half. However our dog would rate it about a four and a half. very private, lots of little animals to chase.

there's a swing and a picnic bench at the beginning of the trailhead which would be very nice romantic afternoon if you're with someone other than your dog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Trail is very difficult to follow. Most trail markers are gone, down or overgrown. A seldom used trail giving much solitude. I saw many bird spices, wildflowers, insects and even some deer. It's good enough for me to visit again during all seasons. Don't forget your camera and binoculars. I rate this trail 3 stars. Submitted by RFW