Andrew Jackson State Park

Andrew Jackson State Park is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Lancaster, South Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A 30 minute drive from south Charlotte with lots to offer! This neat park offers hiking trails, an 18 acre lake with fishing and rental boats, RV and primitive campsites, picnic shelters, an amphitheater and the Andrew Jackson museum. The focal point is the bronze statue of Andrew Jackson by Anna Hyatt Huntington, cofounder of Brookgreen Gardens.

Not very active area. More historic than exercise

Visited early June, hiked the 1 mile nature trail and the perimeter trail around the lake. Trail was well marked with sections of wood bridges (due to the swamp areas). They have canoe/boat rentals. Entrance to the park is $2, which you leave in an envelope and drop in the box. Not a lot of hiking trails but a nice scenic historical site for little ones and adults. They have several campgrounds for family vacationing ... there were more than a few that I noticed on my hike. The park seems to be dog friendly also, as long as they're on a leash. They have a small gift shop in the office where you first enter the park. There is also fishing available if interested. Will probably come back with my nephews when they visit this summer.

Great easy hike, well kept, lots of history, outstanding staff. recommend highly.

Very nice trail and well marked.

Nice trails easy with great scenery

Sunday, October 02, 2016

It is OK.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

We did half the trail, never made it around the lake. Our kids were hot and we were tired but we did get our first stamp in our Ultimate Outsider passport book.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

my 11 yr old and I enjoyed the nature trail! we wanted to go for a short 1 mile hike & it was shaded to keep us out of the sun!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Very nice trail. Took the dog and kids. Also has some historical sites to see. Quiet and mellow walk. Relatively flat for the most part.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Nice state park. The trail is ok but no great views and there is a lot of car noise on a stretch of it. If I was in the area I'd do it again but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Monday, January 02, 2012

Nice as a park. Suited for families with small children as the trails are simple and meandering. The parks primary benefit are extensive picnic spots ,many with wood burning fire places fully stocked with wood. Park staff on site are friendly and helpful. Lake, rental boats,camping,lots of open space.