Westconnaug Trail

Westconnaug Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Clayville, Rhode Island that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Not particularly scenic - a lot of damage to the trees. Though if you are looking for an easy hike this trail is for you.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Unfortunately due to all the the trees were damaged by the bugs, it looked like it was winter while we walked the trail. There was one point where we got off the path, but we were able to find our way back. I think it the bugs hadn't destroyed the trees that it could have been a pretty walk.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Great trail! Nicely marked. Great job by the Scituate Conservation Commission. The trail is narrow and a bit rocky in spots. Tree roots can also trip you up. Be prepared for hills! I went on a sunny 32 degree day in winter. Trail wasn't muddy at all. Solid packed earth. Trail runs along Providence Water Supply property. I wasn't prepared to see houses shortly after starting my hike. Felt like I was intruding in someone ones back yard. Trail loops around back to these houses. It wasn't as peaceful as I would have like due to noisy construction vehicles in the distance but I will definitely be back for a weekend hike!

*dog friendly! Trail is narrow so prepare to move over into the brush if you need to avoid another hiker/dog. Pretty little stream at the beginning/end for a refreshing drink

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Short 45 min to 1 hour loop with signs along the way identifying trail wildlife. Decent short hike