Turner Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near East Providence, Rhode Island that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.9 miles Elevation Gain: 52 feet Route Type: Loop

private property

Nice in the beginning. but most of it was on the road which I didn't like. also as others have said it also is behind people's houses almost like in their backyard saw baby swans and their parents which was nice. nice and long which was good and looped back to the beginning just wish was more woodsy...

My 3 yr old is a big fan of this one. Lots of friendly ducks and geese. Perfect trail for him to walk, he can usually do a solid mile before he gets in the pack.

Some spots were muddy it was really long and the trail brought us to a main road where people were fishing where we ended up in another trail that were also muddy behind beautiful houses but then it lead to a nice lake and waterfall

Kid friendly, short, flat, around small pond. It’s right by a busy road, shopping center, and apartment complex, which really took away from it. If you are looking for a true forest, this is not what you are looking for.

Ideal for trail running, it gets rooty in parts but besides that perfect for runs.

Nice local trail to get away from the craziness of this world, this morning came across a beautiful message

Easy trail. Usually pretty quiet weekdays. Busy on weekends and used for cross country after school hours. Dogs allowed on leash, some little fishing spots. Pretty much completely flat.

Abutting people's backyards, and apparently it's an off leash hot spot. Despite there being a sign that says dogs must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet. We came across ONE dog that was actually on a leash. Heard a dog fight break out when trying to get back to my truck. Another group of people were playing fetch with 3 dogs and didn't bother to leash them or even recall then when I walked by with my dog. People also don't bother to bring a leash with them.

My dog and I actually love this hike. I took a star away because 1) a large part is on the side of the road and 2) once you get to the road there is no indication of where to go. It is easy to figure out though because the map at the trail head shows to simply follow the pond. Be aware of ticks and enjoy a nice little hike in town!

Relatively easy trail, lots of roots. Very pretty but not very secluded. There are bits of the path that are parallel to people’s backyards which can feel awkward. There is also a chunk where you have to walk along a busy road. My dog is scared of cars so we had to turn around at this point instead of completing the loop. Most people do not respect leash laws on this trail and will not bother calling their dog away from you.

icy

Closer to a 3.5/5. It was pretty icy, and a good portion of the hike is actually just the sidewalk of a main road. But the nature portions are very pretty, and I’m sure even prettier in the summer or fall!

Beautiful

bridge out
private property

good trail if you want to walk along a breakdown Lane next to a highway

There are two reasons I have this hike such a low rating. First, at points you are walking in people's yards. It does not feel like you are taking a hike in nature because you can hear people mowing their lawns and such. The second reason for some of the hike you are walking on a busy road. There were no markers on where you should go when you hit the main road. I had two small child with me and I was very nervous. I will not come here again.

Wed Apr 24 2019

nice walk but don't like walking along busy roads.

Sun Feb 10 2019

Some parts are ok. I didn't care for the half mile of roads with traffic.

Sun Dec 30 2018

Really nice walk!

Sat Sep 01 2018

Great place for a nice walk, wouldn’t suggest if you don’t want bugs in ur face lol but It was nice. Walked here with my dad, and he liked it as well. I would come back!

Sat Aug 11 2018

Beautiful trail and scenery.. unfortunately, too many off-leash dogs makes it an unpleasant place to hike.

Wed Jun 13 2018

Good after work trail along both trail sides of the reservoir but the busy road portion through me off. Don’t wear trail shoes, you just need regular shoes!

Thu May 31 2018

Blue route was poorly marked and I only ran prob a half mile on the trail and the rest was on the street.

Sat Apr 14 2018

Trail passes through off-leash dog park! My puppy loves it here!