Turner Loop Trail

Turner Loop Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near East Providence, Rhode Island that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a nice easy trail. The other people we encountered we very friendly.

As other reviewers have noted, this trail very quickly feels like you're walking through somebody's backyard and if you follow it through you end up on very busy Arcade Avenue. After you return to the trail, makers can be difficult to find. At this point when I go I hike about one third of the way in and double back along the reservoir... that makes for a very pleasant hike. Bonus? It's a great walk with your dogs.

It was OK.... I would rate it more as an after work hiking trail.... or a decent walk when you don't have a lot of time to travel out of the city. Not what I would call a destination hike.

Beginning part of the trail is physically accessible to folks with mobility challenges, so I liked that a great deal. The marking of the rest of the trail was not real clear. At times, we felt like we were trespassing on private property. One section of the trail, near the backside of Seekonk HS looks like a Microburst touched down there. I posted two photos... the trees look like they were just snapped like toothpicks! Very eerie, but stunning at the same time. Will definitely go back during another season other than winter.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Friday, June 17, 2016

Parts of the trail are very pretty, but once you are directed onto Arcade Ave you're dealing with heavy traffic. Upon re-entering, there are no clear markers and it's very easy to end up in someone's backyard. There are many trails completely obstructed with fallen trees, and you have to practically hurdle them to get by.

If I were to use the trail again, I'd stick to the first mile and double back...

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Very pretty but when doing the full loop a good portion of the "trail" is just along the road and it's a little busy with car traffic. I was uncomfortable walking along that portion, especially with my dog (or I imagine with kids). If I go back I'd likely just choose which half of reservoir to stay on and approach it as a point to point rather than a loop trail as to avoid the roads. Very nice trail otherwise though!

Sunday, May 08, 2016