Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge Trail

Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Middletown, Rhode Island that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

beach

This easy seaside hike is pleasant any day of the spring, summer, or fall but on an unseasonably warm January winter day, if was exceptionally wonderful. Deer abound on this refuge as well as a monitored coyote pack. Migrating wildlife of all sorts are seen here regularly.

Beautiful. Especially in the early mornings.

I can see the appeal of this place and why everyone has given it such great ratings, however, I personally was not a big fan. Yes, it is a pretty trail with some awesome views of the ocean, but i didn't like it much because it was very busy and hot since there's barely any shady areas. It was probably 80 degrees the day we went, nothing crazy, but felt really hot because of the lack of shades. Additionally, we wore bug spray as we always do but still found some ticks on us when we got back to the car which has not happened to us on any other trail before.

Parking was very limited but once I could get in it was quite worth it. The seashore view was absolutely breathtaking, the cool water was so refreshing, and plenty of places to picnic. I plan to visit again this year.

Great family January walk

Beautiful scenery! I choose to run this trail in the morning, there was low traffic and very quiet! Easy run, joined with great views! Highly recommended for all levels of runner and anyone looking to share a walk with mother nature!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Very nice. Volunteer Lori very helpful and nice.