Rome Point Trail

Rome Point Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Saunderstown, Rhode Island that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

I walk this trail allot and love it. if you dont want to walk on the pebble beach, before you get to the wTer where the benches are, look to your left. there is a small trail that winds through the woods. At the end go rt, and you will be heading to the point. Might see some seals there.

ventured off the main path to the trail on the side which is really nice. Easy walk to beach.

Wonderful walk with the dog.

Beautiful spot! Dog friendly but beach is hard to walk on. A lot of sharp shells for dogs pads. Bummer cuz it's a great spot!

great spot

Enjoyable

Nice easy dirt trail to ocean . Tried some short side tracks . Because near ocean almost no mosquitos , Nice way to spend an hour .

Great easy trail, but slightly overgrown in places

love it. brings back memories of my childhood

A nice walking trail. We prefer more aggressive trails.

Fun and easy hike to do with kids.

Great!

enjoyable

I love the location. A lot of other hikers and children. Which is cool. But sometimes you just wanna get away from everyone. That won't happen on the main trails. But the side trails are pretty quiet. Will go again!

Good for kids

Great adventure for the whole family. Easy for kids. Best of both worlds. Collect shells, Catch low tide and watch the seals basking in the sun and playing in the ocean. We saw around 60 seals. Bring your binoculars to get a closer view. I have 1 complaint. We brought our dog with us for the adventure, which he loved. Maybe they could provide a pet waste bag station at the start of the trail and a disposal barrel midway down the trail and just before you enter the shore. I think it would help with people cleaning up after their pets.

Great fun with easy trails. Wish there were more to it!!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Very fun easy trail with seals at the point . Would do it again !!

Monday, November 07, 2016

Easy trail to follow until you get to the shore where having this app with the map made it clear we were going the right way! Never have I walked on the seaside as a trail. Fantastic

Sunday, August 14, 2016