Rome Point Trail

Rome Point Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Saunderstown, Rhode Island that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Cut through the woods before the beach if you’re trying to trail run or walk with purpose, I always skip the beach part unless I’m just strolling. The briars get a bit crazy on the back side of the loop but I do enjoy the trail.

The path was narrows way too much and wasn’t a clear loop. The beach has way too many shells to walk at a good pace.

A little bit of everything!

I walk this trail allot and love it. if you dont want to walk on the pebble beach, before you get to the wTer where the benches are, look to your left. there is a small trail that winds through the woods. At the end go rt, and you will be heading to the point. Might see some seals there.

ventured off the main path to the trail on the side which is really nice. Easy walk to beach.

Wonderful walk with the dog.

Beautiful spot! Dog friendly but beach is hard to walk on. A lot of sharp shells for dogs pads. Bummer cuz it's a great spot!

great spot

Enjoyable

Nice easy dirt trail to ocean . Tried some short side tracks . Because near ocean almost no mosquitos , Nice way to spend an hour .

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Great easy trail, but slightly overgrown in places

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

love it. brings back memories of my childhood

Friday, June 23, 2017

A nice walking trail. We prefer more aggressive trails.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Fun and easy hike to do with kids.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Great!

Monday, April 03, 2017

enjoyable

Sunday, April 02, 2017

I love the location. A lot of other hikers and children. Which is cool. But sometimes you just wanna get away from everyone. That won't happen on the main trails. But the side trails are pretty quiet. Will go again!

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Good for kids

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Great adventure for the whole family. Easy for kids. Best of both worlds. Collect shells, Catch low tide and watch the seals basking in the sun and playing in the ocean. We saw around 60 seals. Bring your binoculars to get a closer view. I have 1 complaint. We brought our dog with us for the adventure, which he loved. Maybe they could provide a pet waste bag station at the start of the trail and a disposal barrel midway down the trail and just before you enter the shore. I think it would help with people cleaning up after their pets.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Great fun with easy trails. Wish there were more to it!!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Very fun easy trail with seals at the point . Would do it again !!

Monday, November 07, 2016

Easy trail to follow until you get to the shore where having this app with the map made it clear we were going the right way! Never have I walked on the seaside as a trail. Fantastic

Sunday, August 14, 2016

fun

Saturday, July 09, 2016

The scenery changes drastically every 1/2 mile which made it fantastic to discover something new the whole way.

Friday, June 17, 2016

great for kids and love the views of the bay. good for a quick trail run too

Friday, May 27, 2016

love this trail.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

one of our favorite hikes, bonus is seeing the harbor seals offshore at low tide!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Honestly it was amazing! Went with my boyfriend and it starts off with woods and we found some cool rock figures (I think a home), it breaks out into a Bay Area. We went as the sun was was setting and the view was gorgeous, and by fate perhaps we went on an off trail and found a few deer! Definitely would recommend for nature lovers.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Easy hike with some very cool finds and some great views! Definitely a nice day hike if you follow the main trail all the way to the end where it opens to the waterfront for awesome views of the water and Jamestown. Follow the loop (unmarked) trail that goes through the peninsula back for even more cool finds and views. Be prepared for a lot of trash on and off the trails however, and a lot of dog waste, in and out of bags left behind by negligent owners.

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Great half woods/half beach hike. Wear sunscreen!