Lincoln Woods Trail

Lincoln Woods Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lincoln, Rhode Island that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 324 feet Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

This is not a hike for anyone who is looking for a moderate or difficult hike. I came here in hopes of finding a place to go hiking in the middle of hunting season, as I am sometimes not comfortable hiking alone as a woman in the woods during the height of hunting season. What a disappointment this was! This is a trail specifically used for climbers, people with strollers, and people who love to let their dogs go off leash. I have to be honest, the number of climbers was annoying and disruptive. I think I passed at least 20 or 30 people with mats and climbing gear, who are very noisy and disrupting the peaceful quality of being in the woods. I don’t mind people using the woods for recreation, but there was an excessive amount of yelling while they were climbing! And I’m a millennial with a high tolerance for loud noises and unnecessary yelling! This is specifically a review for the trails that are on the upper parts of the elevation, and not down by the lake. The lake trails are fine, but not a complete loop off pavement. Trying to navigate any trails with any sort of climb is frustrating and a waste of time. As you can see from my recording, I went back-and-forth a lot, and spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was a trail and what was not. I feel very capable of identifying trails even when not marked and have no problem usually navigating trails when leaves are down. My guess is that the trails away from the lake or the climbing spots are not used often and not cared for. If you want to do your part, bring a backpack to put trash in to because you may be picking it up along the way. Overall this was a very disappointing hike, and I will try to find other trails that don’t have hunting instead of this one. FYI if you need a rec - save yourself the time and go to woodland Parker during hunting season instead - no hunting and well marked long loops.

Great fall views. Almost all Leaves gone.

Hard to follow the intended route but had a great time exploring anyway

Amazing fall views

recorded Lincoln Woods Trail

I am brand new to the wonderful sport of hiking. However, I trekked 2 beautiful trails in N.H. a few weeks ago and found them to be far better than the Lincoln Woods trails. This one was not marked at all, so you are on your own as to where you want to end up and how far you want to push yourself. I started out in one direction and found it very easy. But when I turned back and tried the trails in the opposite direction of the park it turned out to be quite challenging. and with no markings on the trail I ended getting lost for a few minutes, couldn't locate my car, asked for directions at the Ticket Office where I exited the trail, and was given unhelpful directions. I would be interested in going again now that I am familiar with it. Saw a little bit of nice wildlife here. I'll chalk this one up to Experience.

The area was beautiful and the trails had some variety with flat parts and rocky parts. My only complaint is that the trail blazes were almost nonexistent.

Some reviewers on here say there’s not many trails and you can’t hike more than an hour or so. That’s simple not true.! The people writing these reviews have clearly not explored the thousands of trails and paths that go for miles and miles throughout the park. You can definitely hike all day and never hit the same trail or path twice if you want to. With this app you always know where you are. Lincoln Woods is a hikers paradise. I love the steep paths and rougher trails. It’s great fun to explore. Very scenic and peaceful.

With Paul

Did part of this trail 8/17. No markings. ! Mostly stayed on the main trail. Glad I had the Alltrails app! Will do it again.

The trail is beautiful but has ABSOLUTELY NO markers! If your phone died you’d be lost! The app was not clear at all and you could easily stray off the red line. It had us climbing up steep rocks, through very narrow wooded trails that are barely a foot wide. WHY can’t the park department at least mark the main trails ????

great trail once you find it. definitely had to use the app to make sure we we're heading in the right direction. would do it again.

okay but too many people

recorded Lincoln Woods Trail

First time here.. I was very confused lol. Prob wouldn’t go back unless it was with someone who knows the park.

I’d give it 5 starts if it was marked better. Very nice loop. Perfect mix of everything if you’re looking for something on the easier side. Down side is that is very poorly marked. Even with All Trails I was constantly checking to see if I was headed in the right direction. This is a multi use trail network so an encounter with a horse or mountain biker is highly possible. Also look out for horse dropping’s in some areas.

great hike.

There are a ton of trails. I have mostly brought my dog here to play, stroller walks on the loop (paved road) and a picnic here and there. We parked at the beach lot and followed some mountain bikers into the woods. Using this app we were able to stay mostly in the less trafficked trails. Other than the bikers we followed, we didn’t have any passerby’s. The paved road was jammed with people. I’m not sure if the ‘no hiker’ on certain trails is true, there are no signs, maps or any other indication on what trails would be off limits for people on foot. You need to be aware (especially hikers) because the trails are multi-use and get out of the way if you see someone on a bike. We like how there’s no blazes, makes for a more interesting adventure. Maybe in some areas they would be helpful so I wouldn’t have to pull my phone out and look at every intersection. This is one of our favorites year round.

Many hiking trails to chose from. Kayaking, rock climbing and swimming and options as you hike.

Went for a hike with my husband and three young children (4-7). We had a great time exploring both on the main road and through the woods. It was muddy and a bit icy, but it's winter and to be expected. We enjoyed our walk!

special place, love this accessible but beautiful loop.

Awesome area to snow shoe, cross country ski, or walk along the trail!

Sun Nov 11 2018

Nice walk close to home. Great place to with the family or the dogs. Lots to explore.

Wed Nov 07 2018

Lincoln woods is a gem of a place one can feel a deep woods experience even though a major highway is always less than 2 miles away .

Mon Oct 22 2018

Awesome.. easy trail.. great for walking, jogging, dogs