Lincoln Woods Trail

Lincoln Woods Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lincoln, Rhode Island that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 324 feet Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

Some of the best bouldering in New England here

great trail once you find it. definitely had to use the app to make sure we we're heading in the right direction. would do it again.

okay but too many people

recorded Lincoln Woods Trail

First time here.. I was very confused lol. Prob wouldn’t go back unless it was with someone who knows the park.

I’d give it 5 starts if it was marked better. Very nice loop. Perfect mix of everything if you’re looking for something on the easier side. Down side is that is very poorly marked. Even with All Trails I was constantly checking to see if I was headed in the right direction. This is a multi use trail network so an encounter with a horse or mountain biker is highly possible. Also look out for horse dropping’s in some areas.

great hike.

There are a ton of trails. I have mostly brought my dog here to play, stroller walks on the loop (paved road) and a picnic here and there. We parked at the beach lot and followed some mountain bikers into the woods. Using this app we were able to stay mostly in the less trafficked trails. Other than the bikers we followed, we didn’t have any passerby’s. The paved road was jammed with people. I’m not sure if the ‘no hiker’ on certain trails is true, there are no signs, maps or any other indication on what trails would be off limits for people on foot. You need to be aware (especially hikers) because the trails are multi-use and get out of the way if you see someone on a bike. We like how there’s no blazes, makes for a more interesting adventure. Maybe in some areas they would be helpful so I wouldn’t have to pull my phone out and look at every intersection. This is one of our favorites year round.

Many hiking trails to chose from. Kayaking, rock climbing and swimming and options as you hike.

Went for a hike with my husband and three young children (4-7). We had a great time exploring both on the main road and through the woods. It was muddy and a bit icy, but it's winter and to be expected. We enjoyed our walk!

special place, love this accessible but beautiful loop.

Awesome area to snow shoe, cross country ski, or walk along the trail!

Nice walk close to home. Great place to with the family or the dogs. Lots to explore.

Lincoln woods is a gem of a place one can feel a deep woods experience even though a major highway is always less than 2 miles away .

Awesome.. easy trail.. great for walking, jogging, dogs

When was the last time this trail was blazed? Too many unmarked trails. This could be a nice trail.

This trail was pretty nice but takes so long because it's not marked at all with lots of other mini trails in and around it. l spent most of my time looking at the app and backtracking. Unless you don't mind walking around and not knowing where you're going, you will like it, lol. There are roads all around and throughout but still no clue which way to go.

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Intermediate to expert level riding. Easy on and off trails. No need to carry anything besides one bottle of water. Food and spare water can be kept in the vehicle for quick breaks and back on the trails. I consider this a great free gym for a short workout. Can’t always go to the very long trails especially after work or busy weekends. I tend to ride on Saturday and Sunday early morning for an hour or two. Then off to start the day doing other things.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Nice ride

Saturday, May 05, 2018

There’s a loop that goes around the whole park but you’ll be walking on the road through the park, still surrounded by trees and offers beautiful views of the lake. There are also trails through the woods that are more true to hiking, also offering great views of the lake. Some of those trials still cut through the road briefly depending on the trial you take, but are mostly through the woods. Wonderful options for all seasons however less parking is available in the off-season. The sunset hiking trials and whole park in general offers great views around sunset. The foliage in autumn is also worth a visit. You can also rent a picnic area for a couple dollars and hang out, if you want to make a day out of it. Easy trials, kid and dog friendly. The road trails get pretty busy in nice weather but the dirt paths are less populated.

Friday, May 04, 2018

Great mountain biking. There are trails shared between hikers and mt bikers, so look out for one another. There are narrow trails that are for mountains only. I dont know about other bikers but Im flying and would never have time to stop if a hiker. sooo please please please, if you are hiking stay off the mountain bike trails so no one gets hurt. Also mountain bikers, keep a look out for dear. Had a close call not too long ago.

Saturday, April 14, 2018

We definitely got lost as this trail isn’t marked great— many side trails with no markers or blazes to tell where to go. We honestly made our own trail when we could hear the highway and walked from the on ramp back our car. Otherwise it’s a great park with a lot of trails to offer— just navigate better than we did!

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Today we parked just over the bridge on Manchester Print Works Road off of Great Rd and walked on the paved road around Oley Pond which was a good choice as the trails looked pretty muddy. The pond loop was about 3.5 miles. Very pleasant! We look forward to hiking the trails with appropriate footwear or closer to spring.

Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I know this woods like the back of my hand ❤️ hiking here since I was a toddler. Peaceful and beautiful lake.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Nice challenging loop,

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Great local stop! Cool boulders all around.

Friday, September 08, 2017

Fun trail to run, not very clearly marked but fun either way.