Jerimoth Hill - Rhode Island Highpoint

Jerimoth Hill - Rhode Island Highpoint is a 0.3 mile out and back trail located near Foster, Rhode Island and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

off road driving

scenic driving

Don't do it for the hike.

couldn't find the entrance and wound up on some logging guys property. when he saw me there he went nuts and called the cops. I'll write a review when I finally try it

Short, easy trail.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Sunday, August 07, 2016

not that bad of a spot if you're short on time

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

It would have been better if there was some view of some sort from the highest point in the state, but there was nothing at all but young pines blocking everything. All in all driving by you should stop to for the bucket list but I would not make an effort of any kind to get here. The best part of the walk was the end where you have an option to sign a register of people that have been there before you.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Monday, April 04, 2016

I've been training months for this hike and I decided today was when I make all that hard work pay off. I was a little worried about the 6 feet of elevation gain as my previous record was 3 feet when I had to step over a fallen tree. About four hours into the hike I realized I wasn't going to make it by nightfall unless I picked up the pace. Two hours later I was at the summit and made the descent in a record 3 1/2 hours. Time to head home for a well deserved rest, I just hope I'll be able to walk tomorrow.

In all seriousness I wasn't even planning to do this hike, I just noticed the signs while I was driving past. Large pull off area and a nice short walk through the trees. I'm not a highpointer but I won't pass up the chance to reach one in case I decide to start in the future.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Greatly marked trail, easy walk no strenuous activity here! But highest point reached! Park on the right trail on the left, hours 8-6pm private property

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Monday, April 13, 2015

Saturday, July 05, 2014

This was a great little short walk with more reward than I had expected. I was happily surprised by the condition of the trail, the summit area, the register, and the collection of rock cairns contributed by previous summiters.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nice 3-hour trip over to Rhode Island to check off this highpoint. Trail is well marked. Thanks go out to the owners of Jerimoth Hill property and to the Highpointers Club liaisons who worked together so us hikers could have access to it!

Monday, May 28, 2012

There is one good point to Rhode Island, and that is the ease of starting a High Points project. Once you've driven out there, getting to the summit of Jerimoth Hill is about a fifteen minute venture.

Here are good directions to the trailhead, as well as Providence Journal reporter Mark Patinkin's account of his reaching the summit:

The North-South Trail isn't far off, so perhaps this would be a good side trip.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Not a real hike, but a must for high pointers. From the road to the high point, should take about 2 minutes (if you take your time). The trail about 1/10 of a mile will well marked and easy to follow.