Goddard Park

Goddard Park is a 1.4 mile loop trail located near East Greenwich, Rhode Island and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Love the ocean view and the versatility of the trail. We have walked it, rode our bikes, and look forward to going horse back riding.

A part of the park I've never seen and it was beautiful (May 21st 2017). I walked it this time to give myself time to take it all in. Next time I'm bringing my mountain bike. The trails are well groomed and have a light covering of last Fall's leaves (well crushed and never obscuring the path). It's mostly a flat walk with slight hills and valleys - certainly nothing to hinder anyone who wants to give it a try. I wish the park posted a map at key junction points but the map in this app did the trick perfectly.

Note: don't just look forward or up ... it's also a horse trail and droppings *may* surprise you if you don't look for them. No I did not step in horse poo! LOL.

My most favorite place to walk. I can either stay in the woods, stroll down the beach, or do both in one walk.

Nice easy walk.

Great

Great place for a nice trail run. When the tide is right you can run along the bay. Lots of cross country runners on weekend mornings, so avoid those times if you want a quieter escape.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Monday, December 21, 2015

Goddard Park has numerous trails, none of them marked. Unless you are following the beach line, it is possible to get lost. One other use of the trails has been mentioned in the reviews: cross-country skiing.
The forest was planted about 110 years ago. Without the planting, the park would have a much less interesting forest. White pines, especially in the southwest part of the park, are classic, nearly old-growth. Many are up to 120 feet tall or more. The forest is not maintained, which is a shame -- vines grow up large trees in some sections of the park and eventually destroy the trees. It would be a simple job to cut the vines. The trails are maintained. The "five mile" loop could be any of the trails -- the park is roughly 5 miles long. There are an infinite number of possible loop trails. A great walking park.