Goddard Park

Goddard Park is a 1.4 mile loop trail located near East Greenwich, Rhode Island and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice walk minus the horseback riders. They didn’t appreciate me walking a dog in their general vicinity.

Really nice walk

Lots of horse manure on the trails in the woods. Nice park for a walk ok the pavement though I want more native.

Nice walk in the woods. Several trail runners, horses and one mountain bike track observed in the dirt. Can be quite muddy in small areas. Can pop off to the beach and enjoy the scenery just off the trail.

Great trail for hiking or riding. Good access to to water and views. Not super secluded, but definitely safe and family friendly!

Love the ocean view and the versatility of the trail. We have walked it, rode our bikes, and look forward to going horse back riding.

A part of the park I've never seen and it was beautiful (May 21st 2017). I walked it this time to give myself time to take it all in. Next time I'm bringing my mountain bike. The trails are well groomed and have a light covering of last Fall's leaves (well crushed and never obscuring the path). It's mostly a flat walk with slight hills and valleys - certainly nothing to hinder anyone who wants to give it a try. I wish the park posted a map at key junction points but the map in this app did the trick perfectly.

Note: don't just look forward or up ... it's also a horse trail and droppings *may* surprise you if you don't look for them. No I did not step in horse poo! LOL.

My most favorite place to walk. I can either stay in the woods, stroll down the beach, or do both in one walk.

Nice easy walk.

Great

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Great place for a nice trail run. When the tide is right you can run along the bay. Lots of cross country runners on weekend mornings, so avoid those times if you want a quieter escape.

Monday, December 21, 2015

Goddard Park has numerous trails, none of them marked. Unless you are following the beach line, it is possible to get lost. One other use of the trails has been mentioned in the reviews: cross-country skiing.
The forest was planted about 110 years ago. Without the planting, the park would have a much less interesting forest. White pines, especially in the southwest part of the park, are classic, nearly old-growth. Many are up to 120 feet tall or more. The forest is not maintained, which is a shame -- vines grow up large trees in some sections of the park and eventually destroy the trees. It would be a simple job to cut the vines. The trails are maintained. The "five mile" loop could be any of the trails -- the park is roughly 5 miles long. There are an infinite number of possible loop trails. A great walking park.

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Great place for an easy hike or bike ride with plenty of views. weather your into the beach, woods or sprawling green grassy areas. There's something for everyone.

Saturday, May 09, 2015

great veiws around the bay. I cannot believev it is a 5 mile loop though. doesn't seem long enough.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A very nice trail. We started and ended from the boat ramp area recently. You share the trail with horse riders. Beware the land mines ;-) We did 1.5 miles with the kids and had to return due to the children's needs. Overall a nice afternoon. There are bathrooms available. At mid day, there is very little nature to view due to the large number of people using the facility. Start earlier if you wish to see evidence of creatures.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

As an East Greenwich resident, I have seen the trails used more for horseback riding, running, walking, and hiking more than mountain biking. There are relatively few elevation changes on the trails, particularly around the open fields, making it nice for elders and people looking to get back into shape.

Friday, September 05, 2014

we have done Goddard park twice. they have quite a we trails that all run together at different points. the trails are also used for horse back ridding. horse and dog poop are not picked up.