George B. Parker Woodland Trail

George B. Parker Woodland Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greene, Rhode Island that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

31 minutes ago

Nice hike but expected a bit more. I'll need to revisit in the end of spring.

Great trail but the blue blazes could have been better marked

GREAT place! Good moderate trails with rocks, roots, streams with bridges, good inclines (and declines), rocks formations, cairns, and historical scenery (stone walls, Farm foundations, etc).

Nice trail! A great workout, rocky terrain with a lot of stones and tree roots; slightly slippery after the recent rain. Beautiful creeks along some of the trails with a mini waterfall. Would love to hike this trail in the spring when there is more wildlife!

Good trail for a brisk hike.

Beautiful place to hike. Thank you Audubon Society! Blue trail loop has a nice variety of scenery and moderately difficult. Bringing the hiking poles next time.Well marked and trail maps posted in order to select the appropriate trail for you.

Absolutely awesome!! You get a little bit of everything. Heavy Woods, rock climbs, river trail, and well marked trails. The wife and I really enjoyed this trail.

Nice walking trail.

did the blue trail loop. very nice. remains of the Vaughn house were a hi-lite.

one of the best hikes I've done. The trails were well marked

Beautiful, well marked trail. We followed the orange and blue trails and plan to come back and hike the others!

Well marked trail.

Monday, March 06, 2017

Love the rocky, hilly terrain. The streams and cairns along with the foot bridges and old foundation make this an interesting jaunt.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Great time, well marked trails and fun terrain.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Great hike, coventry loop is alot of uphill, definitely a good workout, some climbing involved. Overall very pretty, I'll definitely be back!

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Well-marked trails, options for longer or shorter hikes. Easy to find parking lot from the road and from the trail. Very rocky, need sturdy footwear. River was beautiful!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Great hike with a beautiful babbling brook! Trail is very well marked and safe.

Monday, October 03, 2016

Great trail! Nicely kept, well marked, and a little bit of bit of history!

Monday, September 12, 2016

Beautiful place to go, had a great time but if it rains be careful not to slip on the wood walkways!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

really enjoyed the hike. enough ups and downs to make for a good workout. scenic enough, with a brook, rock formations and revolutionary-era remains. saw some wildlife too. did both Coventry and Foster loops. trail is VERY well marked, maps are available at the head, and there are several opportunities to cut the hike short if needed.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Hiked the blue coventry loop.. All was good.. Good mix of uphill and downhill parts of the trail.. Along with a couple of historical briefings and a river running along certain parts. Nice workout ! Will be back to do the big loop into foster next time!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

We hiked the Coventry loop. It was a good balance...not too difficult but not too easy either.

Friday, May 06, 2016

Did the western half of the trails. Was especially excited to walk the pre-Revolutionary War road, Biscuit Hill, although it has not been kept up.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Loved walking along the brooks. There were a few moderate inclines so we agree with the moderate rating. We went off trail coming back to walk along the brook's edge. Loved the terrain... Overall would rank this as one of our favorites, mainly for the brooks

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Great hike! A lot of hills and rocks. Very fun to climb. We were a little confused by the table top rock, couldn't really figure it out or find it. It was our first time there though.
Very pleasing hike fantastic place from a nature stand point. The brook and the rocks were a great place to stop and have lunch.
The foundation of the farmhouse and old farm sight were awesome. Great to stand in a piece of history.
All around great hike but the features were a little underwhelming.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Quiet and beautiful with a dose of history

Monday, February 15, 2016

check out my video below

Monday, September 07, 2015

We did the first blue loop (Coventry) from the orange trail out of the first parking lot. It was great! Starting out near the cairns it's a bit rocky and has lots of roots, so we watched our footing and went carefully. Lots of up and down in different areas; it was very dry due to the lack of rain so it wasn't slippery but it could be. The blue markers weren't always easy to see, but the trail is pretty easy to follow. Fascinating old homestead foundation, and very nice trail after that, flatter and covered with pine needles. We loved it, will go back to do the other loop another time!

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Great first trail with my 10 year old daughter! Completed the orange and blue loop in about 1 hour 45 minutes. Nice way to start the day!!! She is ready for our next trail and to come back for a longer hike!!!

Monday, June 01, 2015

I did parts of this trail this afternoon (5/31/15). I parked in the main lot (1670 Maple Valley Rd Coventry) where there is a nice kiosk with maps available. Unfortunately rain was coming in and I didn't have a lot of time and I couldn't complete both loops. What I did do ended up being 6 miles but I ended up doing quite a bit up and back rather than full loops. From the main parking lot I followed the orange blaze to the blue blaze and turned right. This is a nice section of trail that goes through the woods and along a nice stream. I then took the yellow trail which was an awesome section of trail, and to make a shorter loop I went up (left) on Parker T Rd (a nice wood road) and then after a ways up the trail I turned left back onto the blue trail. I then followed this back to close this mini loop and when went back the way I came in. Toward the end I ended up going to the secondary parking lot and followed the paved Maple Valley Rd back to the main lot to save time and get out of the rain! Trail are easy to follow and well blazed -overall a very nice set of trails and I will be back for sure.