Fort Barton/Sin and Flesh Brook Trail

Fort Barton/Sin and Flesh Brook Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tiverton, Rhode Island that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 229 feet Route Type: Loop

Plenty of little bridge covered stream crossings. Also muddy areas but that is what boots are for.

Great trail and lake scenery.. trails are well marked.

Red trail gets close to a gun range at the end so the dogs didn’t like that. Otherwise is was a nice trail with some different options but heavily trafficked by locals. Overall, good trail.

Nice!

Awesome walk with the dog although pretty buggy which is not surprising this time of year. At the outer end of the trail there was a lot of very near gunfire.

Easy to walk and navigate with beautiful views from numerous places. Quiet enough that we were able to come across several deer and watch them for several minutes.

Don’t bring a gun shy dog off leash. It was a fine trail, until the gun shots got to loud, we got closer to the gun club, then the dog took off. It was a scary day. Other then that the trail is a little rough but not a bad spot.

The only good things I can say is that the trail is easy to find and the trails are really well marked with maps at the start. Other than that the trail was really boring. I had selected this trail as the filter I used made it seem there would be a waterfall but we did the whole red Trail and half of the green and the only water we saw wasn't good. It was either swampy areas or water under footbridges that looked red tinged with soapy residue, actual bubbly suds at one point. The bugs were pretty bad at points so bring bug spray and we spent half the trail listening to someone shooting a gun, I read somewhere there was a shooting range near by. I won't be back to this trail.

nice trail to start off

Very enjoyable and relaxing!

Nice trail. Few scenic bits. Was able to get most in before 10am when the shooting range opened. Easy trail good for kids.

nice walk, a bit muddy in the back by there range. not much to see

Nice view of the river, short hike through history

Went in early March. Packed snow on trail. Well marked and great views. Found a geocache. Good parking at two different spots and trail maps on site. Multiple trails to add on or cut through. Red trail loop is main trail. Fort Barton tower at beginning of trail and provides great views of the bay. Will def be back again. Bring micro spikes if in winter. Quite icy.

Usually a wonderful place, but Too icy right now from all the now and cold weather.

Nice view of the bay.

I like this hike but their is a shooting range near the far end of the loop. We were hiking on a Sunday morning and looking for a quite peaceful hike. We heard gun shots the whole time. It caused us a little bit of anxiety. If it were quite I would give this trail 4 stars. It’s a relatively easy hike, the brook in very nice. It would definitely be nicer in another season. We hiked it in February. I will come back to give it another try.

Very pretty there’s a good amount of stairs wasn’t expecting that it’s worth going to the top of the lookout tower gives a nice view of the area beautiful Brooks parking is across the street from the post office then you walk up this large hill to your left my dog loved it

Great little trail full of ups and downs and a beautiful view! A messy place after rain though.

Fri Nov 30 2018

Very pretty, easy two miles. The waterfall is a small one. From the description you might think it’s going to be a cascade fall, but it’s small and gentle and lovely. It can get very muddy in places, so wear appropriate footwear or plan to go after a spell of dry weather.

Mon Nov 12 2018

Great trail. Well maintained and marked. I would have given it a five if I’d run into less people along the trail.

Mon Nov 12 2018

Lots of ups and downs . A bit challenging with leaves covering rocks and stumps. Have your hiking boots on and take it slow in the Fall.

Sat Sep 08 2018

Nice afternoon hike. First-time visit. Very rocky and many tree roots/tree’s down throughout the trail. A few steep stairways. OK for large breed dogs (I brought my Golden retriever).