Fort Barton/Sin and Flesh Brook Trail

Fort Barton/Sin and Flesh Brook Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tiverton, Rhode Island that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice afternoon hike. First-time visit. Very rocky and many tree roots/tree’s down throughout the trail. A few steep stairways. OK for large breed dogs (I brought my Golden retriever).

Nice 2.5 mile hike. A little challenging, but our 3 and 4.5 year olds were able to complete it. Bring bug spray. Will come back in the fall to see the foliage!

I would definitely recommend going when it’s cooler. I’ll be back to do more of the trails in The colder months. There were just way to many bugs to enjoy it. The trails were good. I would rate it moderate more than easy.

Bug spray during summer, also wouldn’t necessarily call this easy. One of the few trails I’ve walked in RI with any elevation change to note

Love this trail. Beautifully diverse.

Great trails! My 5 and 9 year old handled it with easy. Easy to find. Good parking.

Kids and I loved this trail. We will definitely be back.

Just got into hiking and I really liked this trail. I wouldn’t exactly call it easy, as it can get hilly in some areas. But I loved the setting in the woods. Path crossed the stream multiple times and was moving at a good pace at some parts. Watch out for mud though! May just be the season but some areas were quite muddy

Really good trail.

nice, easy paced trail.

Wonderful hike. Long enough to get a great workout with the hills. I think I would caution on the side of calling it moderate just in case someone goes thinking it's flat.

Surprisingly quiet and very well marked trails.

Lots of ups and downs and dog friendly.

Overall, a good route. There are spots where there's enough up and down to get a good workout, but it never gets too tough for kids or dogs. There's a decent amount of wildlife to see along the way as well.

The biggest downside is that the Rod and Gun club is right next door. The constant sound of gunfire really takes away from the relaxing nature vibe.

Cool observation tower, the trails are a workout which is good, a lot of changes in elevations, rocks and such to maneuver around.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Great for walking

Monday, September 04, 2017

Fun hike. Trail was very busy and well marked. Gets close to the gun club and if they are using the range the gunshots are very loud and may frighten kids or dogs.

Friday, August 25, 2017

A beautiful easy hike with my son on a gorgeous day!

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Great little spot with a nice view at the top.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Beautiful trail. Good for all ages about. A good 45 min hike with aide trails... There are creeks, wooden walk ways and bridges.. Also dirt/wood stairs.

Took 1 star of because.... and also beware.... some parts you will see residential... and.... there is a firing range close by and you will hear gun shots go off!!! It can be scary.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Great hike with moderate/east terrain, well marked trails, and dog it's friendly. This is also a preserved historical site where colonial troops defended against the British during the American Revolution. There is a nice view of the water from the top of the redoubt at the beginning of the trails. Will definitely be going back.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Don't be alarmed by Gun shots - there is a range nearby but it was unnerving at a few points !

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

great nature walk with well maintained trails. the red trail loop is usually my go to.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Loved it but there was broken glass but I still loved it

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Hiked these trails today ( Sunday 3/19/17). Color coded maps available online. Cool morning but wet due to melting snow and recent snow/rain. Got here early so no issue with shooting noise from the gun club. Wish I had visited sooner especially since I live pretty close. Somewhat limited in distance but if you're looking for a nice hike with some historical significance this is a great spot. Family friendly, with nice wooded trails and wood bridges over streams. Sections can be muddy in wet weather so wear the right footwear. Water was flowing well so the streams were really nice. Observation tower at the beginning of the trail is cool. I did a total of 4.5 miles but I did some sections twice. A couple of short sections are close to private property/homes. I wish there was still access to the waterfall I've read about...

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

great afternoon hike like the streams and bridges

Monday, November 07, 2016

Love Fort Barton for the lookout at the beginning and beautiful sites to see within the trails. I spent almost 3 hours walking around to trying to find the waterfall.I finally ran into a man and asked him where I could find it, he unfortunately informed me that people bought the land a few years back and built houses on it so now it's closed off and private property): another thing I didn't like was hearing gun shots while walking. Overall, it's a beautiful place to get a decent hike in and the people you meet there are super friendly!

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Not many sights to see. Very rocky path.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Beautiful views and so peaceful.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Beautiful spot....

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Such a beautiful walk, now one of my favorites!