Fort Barton/Sin and Flesh Brook Trail

Fort Barton/Sin and Flesh Brook Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tiverton, Rhode Island that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

nice, easy paced trail.

Wonderful hike. Long enough to get a great workout with the hills. I think I would caution on the side of calling it moderate just in case someone goes thinking it's flat.

Surprisingly quiet and very well marked trails.

Lots of ups and downs and dog friendly.

Overall, a good route. There are spots where there's enough up and down to get a good workout, but it never gets too tough for kids or dogs. There's a decent amount of wildlife to see along the way as well.

The biggest downside is that the Rod and Gun club is right next door. The constant sound of gunfire really takes away from the relaxing nature vibe.

Cool observation tower, the trails are a workout which is good, a lot of changes in elevations, rocks and such to maneuver around.

Great for walking

Fun hike. Trail was very busy and well marked. Gets close to the gun club and if they are using the range the gunshots are very loud and may frighten kids or dogs.

A beautiful easy hike with my son on a gorgeous day!

Great little spot with a nice view at the top.

Beautiful trail. Good for all ages about. A good 45 min hike with aide trails... There are creeks, wooden walk ways and bridges.. Also dirt/wood stairs.

Took 1 star of because.... and also beware.... some parts you will see residential... and.... there is a firing range close by and you will hear gun shots go off!!! It can be scary.

Great hike with moderate/east terrain, well marked trails, and dog it's friendly. This is also a preserved historical site where colonial troops defended against the British during the American Revolution. There is a nice view of the water from the top of the redoubt at the beginning of the trails. Will definitely be going back.

Don't be alarmed by Gun shots - there is a range nearby but it was unnerving at a few points !

great nature walk with well maintained trails. the red trail loop is usually my go to.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Loved it but there was broken glass but I still loved it

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Hiked these trails today ( Sunday 3/19/17). Color coded maps available online. Cool morning but wet due to melting snow and recent snow/rain. Got here early so no issue with shooting noise from the gun club. Wish I had visited sooner especially since I live pretty close. Somewhat limited in distance but if you're looking for a nice hike with some historical significance this is a great spot. Family friendly, with nice wooded trails and wood bridges over streams. Sections can be muddy in wet weather so wear the right footwear. Water was flowing well so the streams were really nice. Observation tower at the beginning of the trail is cool. I did a total of 4.5 miles but I did some sections twice. A couple of short sections are close to private property/homes. I wish there was still access to the waterfall I've read about...

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

great afternoon hike like the streams and bridges

Monday, November 07, 2016

Love Fort Barton for the lookout at the beginning and beautiful sites to see within the trails. I spent almost 3 hours walking around to trying to find the waterfall.I finally ran into a man and asked him where I could find it, he unfortunately informed me that people bought the land a few years back and built houses on it so now it's closed off and private property): another thing I didn't like was hearing gun shots while walking. Overall, it's a beautiful place to get a decent hike in and the people you meet there are super friendly!

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Not many sights to see. Very rocky path.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Beautiful views and so peaceful.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Beautiful spot....

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Such a beautiful walk, now one of my favorites!

Saturday, July 23, 2016

I love Fort Barton! Our kids were happy to hike this because there were little inlets to play yin water and bridges galore! End your hike with a panoramic viewing from the fort.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Great hike with a history lesson! The trail can be pretty steep in spots, but everything is well-kept and marked.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Challenging!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Amazing place !!

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Short trail, close to our home. We use it for a nice quick hike if we don't have all day to be out and about.

Friday, April 22, 2016

nice easy walk to get my wife and I started. Couple of wet spots but easy to get around

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Wonderful

Friday, June 26, 2015

Great to do with GF who isn't an avid hiker and it was actually a great hike

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Did this trail twice and saw something new each time. Not a quick hike, it does take a while, but worth it.