Photos of Flintlock Trail

My humans and I did this hike today. What an absolutely beautiful fall day! We started at the trail head on plain Road at the Tillinghast wild management area. The trail is well marked with yellow blazes. The cemetery is about 10 to 15 minutes in on the right-hand side. You need to look for the rock wall foundation and there are several tombstones over to the far right corner. Some date back to the early 1800s. If you are on the trail and you proceed to turn left following the yellow blazes you have missed the cemetery. We took the trail to the end following the north loop and then proceeded onto the Tillinghast Pond loop trail. This trail is marked with white blazes. This trail proceeds to loop all the way around the pond bringing us back to the parking lot. The entire loop was about 4.6 miles. I would rate this trail as easy with the exception of the fact that it is moderately long. This would be a great trail in the winter as there is very little rocks or lose footing. Please make sure you wear your orange vest and hat. This is a hunting area. Canines, please make sure your humans put a vest on you and keep you on leash! It’s for everyone’s safety. Get out there and enjoy! The scenery is diverse and very enjoyable!